Archived Any HRTMs tired of the FFF Calendar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a board for...I'm having a total brain fart, but Target's version of employee of the month. It's separate from the activity calendar, but I'm sure the same person probably takes care of it. No one has got it since January. It's sort of sad to know HR is just as apathetic about that stuff as the rest of the team. Not to discredit the HR in my store. "Apathetic" is too harsh, because I'm sure they have great intentions, just stuff is always being put on the back burner more often than not.

I feel like the calendar offers great opportunities to spike morale and just general participation and enhances what it means to be a "team." But the fact that we can see these things, and they're so obviously neglected, I think is worse than not having them at all. I would love to take over that shit in my store. We only seem to fulfill about 60% of the things we plan to do. Every once and a while we do something amazing. But I just hate the lack of commitment, as small as it may be.

I'm not tired of it, but it'd be nice if the HR team even remembered that there are people that work early and include them in the events once in awhile. I guess it's nice for the rest of the team?

Lol that's true. It's easier at an overnight store. When my old store went to 4am. We would tell the closing LOD to save a trey for the closing team. They didn't care

Lol that's true. It's easier at an overnight store. When my old store went to 4am. We would tell the closing LOD to save a trey for the closing team. They didn't care
For us the overnight ETL(s) usually set up a fresh table of whatever the "event" is (99.5% of the time it's just food of some sort). So this last weekend was s'mores day...so a few new boxes of graham crackers, bags of marshmallows and couple bag of small chocolate bars.

We have some wellness event coming up in June, but it's from 9am to 2 (or 1)pm. Not very convenient for the overnight folks.

As for the original question, I never look at it. I have certain allergies so don't partake in any of the food offered anyway, and none of the other info is of interest to me. I'm not sure how many others in my store use it (not many on overnights, I know that).

This is the biometric screening. They have nurses come in for it. Not really a fun event, but you can earn money for your health account.
Ah...since I knew I wouldn't be able to participate I didn't bother investigating further. I don't have coverage through spot yet (under a year). Sucks for those that do though...with the times being wholly inconvenient.

We have a board for...I'm having a total brain fart, but Target's version of employee of the month. It's separate from the activity calendar, but I'm sure the same person probably takes care of it. No one has got it since January. It's sort of sad to know HR is just as apathetic about that stuff as the rest of the team.

We used to have a TM of the month, haven't done that since our last decent ETL-HR was in the store. I think that was 4 or 5 of those ago.

We still have a TM of the month...it stays updated every month too. Our ETL-HR has been there a while and she's pretty good at her job (from what I've seen). Worried about her doing the schedule, but other than that, she's been great.

Our hrtm uses colored markers and stickers. Some of the things are kind of lame, but its not easy coming up with stuff.

I'll PM you a picture of ours later today. We get HRBP in through our store fairly often and she hasn't said anything about it so I assume it's fine.

No matter what shift you are working, the ETLs should be speaking up and making sure their team is also covered for the special treats. Target is more than happy to save the money as long as nobody complains or demands equal treatment.

No matter what shift you are working, the ETLs should be speaking up and making sure their team is also covered for the special treats. Target is more than happy to save the money as long as nobody complains or demands equal treatment.
I don't complain to them about it because I do know they aren't obligated to feed or entertain us. But it still makes me bitter when they consistently exclude (or make no effort to include) specific teams, and hope they know it hurts morale when TMs are always walking in to the trash left behind.

So I took the great advice here and transferred to the B volume across the street from my house. My HRBP could have turned it down because I was only at my old store for five weeks.

Anyways my new etl HR has been on my back all week about this stupid calendar. Today I got b-ed out for it not being colorful enough.

Do people even look at it? Or even know where it is?

I also feel guilty coloring when the team is busting their butt on a busy Saturday or Sunday.

I am here to help people get paid, not color a calendar with "fruits and veggies day" of near qmosed food.

I despise that stupid calendar! I spent about 2 hours on it yesterday making it "colorful" ugh. The Team is busting their butts on the salesfloor, GSTL is yelling for back up but I have to waste time making that stupid calendar. The Team doesn't care how it looks like as long as they get the free food as promised on the calendar lol.

I'll PM you a picture of ours later today. We get HRBP in through our store fairly often and she hasn't said anything about it so I assume it's fine.

Could you PM me a pic too? Maybe it will give me some ideas :)

I send out calendar invites for the FFF events to all team leaders, ETL's and the STL. If I am not working when we have a FFF event, I email the opening and closing LOD the day before and ask them to set up the event. I get all the stuff we need so all they have to do is set it up.

Do you have kids? I was making some signs and charts for the break room, and took them home. I had my nieces over for the day, got out the stickers and glitter glue, and let them go to town. They looked like they were made by 7 year olds, but everyone loved it.

Do you have kids? I was making some signs and charts for the break room, and took them home. I had my nieces over for the day, got out the stickers and glitter glue, and let them go to town. They looked like they were made by 7 year olds, but everyone loved it.

I have kids and it crossed my mind so many times to take that stupid calendar home and let them do it LOL. They are so much more creative and artistic than I am . The July Calendar might go home with me soon ;).

I don't complain to them about it because I do know they aren't obligated to feed or entertain us. But it still makes me bitter when they consistently exclude (or make no effort to include) specific teams, and hope they know it hurts morale when TMs are always walking in to the trash left behind.

I'm not suggesting you do it in a nasty way but I really think you should speak up & make it known you feel obligated to have your team's back so they don't feel left out of special treats other team members are enjoying. Maybe your STL will cough up a little more money so EVERYONE can feel like part of the team or maybe the STL needs to budget better so nobody is ignored. Or maybe rotate which teams get a special treat so everyone gets a chance?

Last edited:
I'm not suggesting you do it in a nasty way but I really think you should speak up & make it known you feel obligated to have your team's back so they don't feel left out of special treats other team members are enjoying. Maybe your STL will cough up a little more money so EVERYONE can feel like part of the team or maybe the STL needs to budget better so nobody is ignored. Or maybe rotate which teams get a special treat so everyone gets a chance?
One of the things our latest etl-hr had really owned is making sure closing shift gets a new set of food that's correct temp if hot/ cold or just unopened if dry. It's a struggle and they still like to feed us pizza that's sat out for hours...but it's a start.

On Monday, they had a "cookout" for Memorial day. The closing shift got a few bags of chips, some dry buns and a few bottles of condiments along with a sign with "hot dogs are in the fridge". Uncooked hot dogs in the fridge. Yay!

On Monday, they had a "cookout" for Memorial day. The closing shift got a few bags of chips, some dry buns and a few bottles of condiments along with a sign with "hot dogs are in the fridge". Uncooked hot dogs in the fridge. Yay!

As an HRTM, this drives me nuts. I make sure there is food stashed in great quantity for the closers, they deserve it just as much as dayside. When I first started there was crumbs left for the closers and I fixed that right quick.

As far as the poster, every ETL I've had has wanted to make the thing so I've never had to bother with that part because I'm essentially doing their workload plus mine while not being paid for it. They can do a calendar once a month for that decent salary. My team cares more for the info than how pretty it is and they generally hate their birthdays or anniversaries being written on it, so we put spot stickers over that part.

@HRZone Thanks for the putting out fires not many people see comment, that's exactly what we do. Also, a lot of TMs would cry if I sat them in front of myTime on a Wednesday and told them to do the schedule. We each have skills in our respective areas.

So I took the great advice here and transferred to the B volume across the street from my house. My HRBP could have turned it down because I was only at my old store for five weeks.

Anyways my new etl HR has been on my back all week about this stupid calendar. Today I got b-ed out for it not being colorful enough.

Do people even look at it? Or even know where it is?

I also feel guilty coloring when the team is busting their butt on a busy Saturday or Sunday.

I am here to help people get paid, not color a calendar with "fruits and veggies day" of near qmosed food.

I love my stores Fast fun friendy calender. So to answer, Yes people look at it, they do know where it is. They might not ever thank you for it but they actually do want a 'fruit and veggies' day. (and know when it is)

I love the food its the only perk.

As an HRTM, this drives me nuts. I make sure there is food stashed in great quantity for the closers, they deserve it just as much as dayside. When I first started there was crumbs left for the closers and I fixed that right quick.

As far as the poster, every ETL I've had has wanted to make the thing so I've never had to bother with that part because I'm essentially doing their workload plus mine while not being paid for it. They can do a calendar once a month for that decent salary. My team cares more for the info than how pretty it is and they generally hate their birthdays or anniversaries being written on it, so we put spot stickers over that part.

@HRZone Thanks for the putting out fires not many people see comment, that's exactly what we do. Also, a lot of TMs would cry if I sat them in front of myTime on a Wednesday and told them to do the schedule. We each have skills in our respective areas.
Having been a mgr for hotel and a sonic, I wouldn't but thats me. Guess thats another reason why I like the calender. No where else had them

At least they weren't frozen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back