Archived Any HRTMs tired of the FFF Calendar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HRZone

Former ETL HR
So I took the great advice here and transferred to the B volume across the street from my house. My HRBP could have turned it down because I was only at my old store for five weeks.

Anyways my new etl HR has been on my back all week about this stupid calendar. Today I got b-ed out for it not being colorful enough.

Do people even look at it? Or even know where it is?

I also feel guilty coloring when the team is busting their butt on a busy Saturday or Sunday.

I am here to help people get paid, not color a calendar with "fruits and veggies day" of near qmosed food.

Last edited:
Tbh I don't, I sometimes remember to look at it around the end of the month to see all the food we were supposed to get but didn't. The only thing I like about it is seeing anniversaries and birthdays since my store does nothing else to announce or celebrate anyone's.

That's such an odd priority though for your etl, lol. Just throw some glittery stickers on it maybe?

Our HRTM uses stickers. People do look at it at my store, because we follow through on everything. Find someone who loves crafty stuff and ask if he could help (I sure wish I were better at this, dramatic sigh). Mostly, follow through on the activities. If HRTM is not working for the start or finish of an "event" she emails the TL/LOD who is to take care of it.

So I took the great advice here and transferred to the B volume across the street from my house. My HRBP could have turned it down because I was only at my AA for five weeks.

Anyways my new etl HR has been on my back all week about this stupid calendar. Today I got b-ed out for it not being colorful enough.

I also feel guilty coloring when the team is busting their butt on a busy Saturday or Sunday.

I am here to help people get paid, not color a calendar with "fruits and veggies day" of near qmosed food.
Please don't complain about an easy task that takes little imagination and care. It's an insult to team members who do more than you all day, everyday and get paid less. Don't feel guilty, just feel good about making the day better for someone who looks at the calendar. If you're like most targets you should have the calendar in the break room and making it colorful and worth looking at is part of your job. Not talking down to you. Just trying to make you understand whatever you do with that calendar means something to someone. It's not a meaningless job.

Use stickers and colored markers. Maybe throw in some drawed in stars. That will be exactly what ours looks like as the HRTM never does her job and its good enough for the ETL.

HRTMs (the good ones) can run circles around 99% of TMs. HRZone isn't talking anything down. He's trying to figure out what others in his role do. And he helps more on TBR than most store leaders. I think you're misinterpreting his direction

Yeah thanks for understanding. At my old store my etl hr would do the calendar. On weekends I always try to help on the floor when it's busy - I can't do that when I am told my first and last priority is the calendar.

It just seems silly to me to that this is supposedly a priority. It takes at least 2 hours (drawing and coloring) since you have to have minimum 3 events a week in my district.

Our stores are running weekends on bare bones. I wish I could just write the birthdays, events and anniversaries in pen and be done with it in 15 minutes so I can help the team.

Please don't complain about an easy task that takes little imagination and care. It's an insult to team members who do more than you all day, everyday and get paid less.

I am not offended, I hope you know we don't make much relative to the HR field, we make the same amount as flow. While our job isn't physically demanding it is very stressful trying to make sure 100-200 peoples timecard is correct and they are correctly paid. It's stressful keeping track of compliance, chasing folks down for training oh and reminding the ETLs you gave your pet tm 35 hours but this other guy only 8, please fix it before I have to post the schedule in 15 minutes.

Sure some hrtms are lazy but the good ones put out fires you would never know about until we are gone.

So I took the great advice here and transferred to the B volume across the street from my house. My HRBP could have turned it down because I was only at my AA for five weeks.

This, cause the food only shows up after most of the process teams had their lunches already so they only order half of what they would need and then you get to watch all the ETL's hoard in the STL office pigging out..

Last edited:
Our calendar is on the fridge. On the side is a list of bdays/anniversaries. There are also individual cards for the bday/anniversaries on the vibe board (yes, we still have and use one) that's at the entrance of the TSC. The most popular thing our HRTM does? Fill the candy jar once a week.

They stopped putting birthdays and anniversaries on ours . There's the space for it but it's empty.

Our calendar is on the fridge. On the side is a list of bdays/anniversaries. There are also individual cards for the bday/anniversaries on the vibe board (yes, we still have and use one) that's at the entrance of the TSC. The most popular thing our HRTM does? Fill the candy jar once a week.

Lol, everyone is scared of my new etl HR but she was gone one day and people kept asking me to open her office so they could get candy.

Who even wants to be reminded of all the years wasted at Target. I'm surprised they still do this. It's like displaying your age but more meaningless

Yeah thanks for understanding. At my old store my etl hr would do the calendar. On weekends I always try to help on the floor when it's busy - I can't do that when I am told my first and last priority is the calendar.

It just seems silly to me to that this is supposedly a priority. It takes at least 2 hours (drawing and coloring) since you have to have minimum 3 events a week in my district.

Our stores are running weekends on bare bones. I wish I could just write the birthdays, events and anniversaries in pen and be done with it in 15 minutes so I can help the team.
Another thing where Target priorities are messed up. I personally don't need a pretty calendar. Just the facts sir/ma'am.

I'm not tired of it, but it'd be nice if the HR team even remembered that there are people that work early and include them in the events once in awhile. I guess it's nice for the rest of the team?

I'm not tired of it, but it'd be nice if the HR team even remembered that there are people that work early and include them in the events once in awhile. I guess it's nice for the rest of the team?

Ha. And I'd say the same for the closing team. There is either nothing left or it has been sitting out all day and looks unfit for consumption by the time we roll in.

Ha. And I'd say the same for the closing team. There is either nothing left or it has been sitting out all day and looks unfit for consumption by the time we roll in.

True. I will say our HR peeps do hold stuff back for the crews who come in later.. If it actually makes it to them, don't know. I only open. I hope it does.

Count my store as another who does nothing on the calendar. Make it pretty or not. Early morning gets nothing, dayside might. Still love my HRTM!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back