COVID-19 Any other dc getting overtime because of coronavirus

Yup! Today was a disaster. Q4 level flow that was 90% paper towel, toilet paper, cleaning supplies, water, cat sand, etc.
The worst was the water pallets. Every door had like 8 of them dropped off, wasnt even in the plan. Made figuring out distributing it properly for axle weights a right pain in the ass due to my DC being a part of the pallet grouping pilot.
I'm excited for the OT though. $ in my pocket. I just hope this doesnt screw the stores too bad. Today we had a grand total of 9 force closes on the cut sheet. That was close to our record low. We have so many full trailers on the yard waiting to go to stores due to the insane PIPO #s we are shipping out. This is the worst month of the year for hours at the store and they are going to be getting double trucks. Ouch.

Hours will always suck storeside, but they suck less if sales goals are being exceeded. You keep sending ‘em, we’ll keep stocking ‘em. At least Corporate is sending supplies now instead of in 5 months when the crisis is over.

Huh my department is flex down this week and next. Can’t wait for the new packing system to get up and running. That should be a shit show.

Huh my department is flex down this week and next. Can’t wait for the new packing system to get up and running. That should be a shit show.
What is the new packing system? I heard that they were changing things and were struggling. But past separating out Combos and HBA, I have no idea what changes have been taking place.

They will be packing and shipping to store by aisle not zone. Buuuttt that’s only if they install the multi million dollar machine correctly lol
Well that explains why our regional VP had to step in and oversee the process when it wasnt going well.

Yup! Today was a disaster. Q4 level flow that was 90% paper towel, toilet paper, cleaning supplies, water, cat sand, etc.
The worst was the water pallets. Every door had like 8 of them dropped off, wasnt even in the plan. Made figuring out distributing it properly for axle weights a right pain in the ass due to my DC being a part of the pallet grouping pilot.
I'm excited for the OT though. $ in my pocket. I just hope this doesnt screw the stores too bad. Today we had a grand total of 9 force closes on the cut sheet. That was close to our record low. We have so many full trailers on the yard waiting to go to stores due to the insane PIPO #s we are shipping out. This is the worst month of the year for hours at the store and they are going to be getting double trucks. Ouch.

When we at the store do black Friday sales and sell through the 10 pallets of misc toilet paper in a single day, yeah it sucks for you, it sucks for us but we need the product. The paper towels yep gone too.. Water we drop a pallet at the front door it will be gone in my eight hour shift.. Insanity here in Seattle..

Quoted For Truth.

No OT for stores. Just suck it up, and push it out all while dealing with legions of Karens and Kyles.

I have had numerous guests ask me the same question multiple times, as though they are going to get a different answer.

"NO, Karen. Sold OUT."

(I am a little nicer than that, but it's getting harder to be nice.). I am trying to say it "brightly."

I respond with a "Yes, Ma'am" when they ask they same question a second time.

When I see guests staring at the empty shelves, looking dumbfounded I just tell them, before they even ask, "just so you know, we are out of hand sanitizer no clue when it will be back in stock"

Inbound doing a solid million next week. Not sure what other DCs IB plans usually are but that one is pretty large even for Q4 here. And almost all of it flow. They were threatening mandatory. Seems enough of us volunteered to stave that off for now. Crazy.

Inbound doing a solid million next week. Not sure what other DCs IB plans usually are but that one is pretty large even for Q4 here. And almost all of it flow. They were threatening mandatory. Seems enough of us volunteered to stave that off for now. Crazy.

Speak English? aka can you translate that for those of us who don't work at the DC?

aka What are we in for at the store level?

Speak English? aka can you translate that for those of us who don't work at the DC?

aka What are we in for at the store level?
One million cases coming into the DC on any number of trucks. Trucks can be any number of cases, pipos count as one per pallet. So I've seen trucks of 28 'cases', and trucks up to 6000 cases.

You should know what flow means at the store level.. The DC serves quite a few stores, mine was over 100..

I am in a store. We are already taking 6 trucks next week. My Etl log told me this morning Thursday, that 3 trucks are loaded and waiting to send. I see doubles in my immediate future. Obviously if the dc is buried, we at the store level will be also.

One million cases coming into the DC on any number of trucks. Trucks can be any number of cases, pipos count as one per pallet. So I've seen trucks of 28 'cases', and trucks up to 6000 cases.

You should know what flow means at the store level.. The DC serves quite a few stores, mine was over 100..

Almost all of it "flow" -- so what is it if it isn't flow? Like ISM? or you mean it's flowing straight off the trailors and being separated and shipped right to the stores? v. being held in a warehouse?

Last edited:
Back