COVID-19 Any other dc getting overtime because of coronavirus

Almost all of it "flow" -- so what is it if it isn't flow? Like ISM? or you mean it's flowing straight off the trailors and being separated and shipped right to the stores? v. being held in a warehouse?
Flow goes straight from an inbound trailer, recieved/processed and rides the mezz straight to outbound to be loaded to a truck. Non con flow is similar but is grabbed and stacked on pallets then moved by a GPM'er and staged near outbound for a non con sorter to pick it up and sort it to individual lanes.

The rest is put into either racks or bulk floor locations in the warehouse until its needed by a store, at which time a puller will grab the required amount and stage it on pallets or in a cage cart for depal to throw onto the mezz.

Almost all of it "flow" -- so what is it if it isn't flow? Like ISM? or you mean it's flowing straight off the trailors and being separated and shipped right to the stores? v. being held in a warehouse?

Likely some cross-dock stuff... PIPO... water, etc.

Mandatory time baby! I'm hoping OT will keep going the whole rest of the year. Maybe if enough people come down with "flu like symptoms" convienently on their OT days they will approve us volunteers to work over 60 and get that double pay...

Mandatory time baby! I'm hoping OT will keep going the whole rest of the year. Maybe if enough people come down with "flu like symptoms" convienently on their OT days they will approve us volunteers to work over 60 and get that double pay...
No ot here, at least not preapproved. I keep hearing rumblings of closing from other tm’s and it just makes you sick. It’s all I think about. I know we are an essential business, but still. I wish they would just say no, we aren’t going to close, so that thought isn’t prying the back of my mind all shift.

Welcome back to fall season! Mandatory OT for the foreseeable future. Forecasts of 1-1.5 million. At least it should be mostly cleaning supplies and food.
Not a chance in hell they close, so don’t give those rumors any thought.
I dont think that us closing is realistic, but if things to continue to get worse we could see a big slow down in product being recieved and shipped.

So get those hours while you can, they might not always be there. *again this would only be if things continue to get much worse*

I may volunteer some, but its comical because I volunteered to work there in the fall season and was old no its not your home department.

When they see you are crosstrained they can preapprove you and then have you on the start up sheet as a flex out. Or they can keep you in your home department and flex someone else out who is also cross trained in the other department. It's a win win for them. And if the other person doesn't want to go, you can swap with them if you like. I'm in warehousing now but I came from inbound. Some people don't like going to inbound, but I like doing different things and keeping everything fresh in my mind so I don't get rusty or bored. I just want to work and get the day over with.

We've been sending people to the cart line to throw carts, just giving them a crash course in throwing carts. I guess if the backlog gets high it makes sense to take the people pulling carts to throw them. It's like throwing a truck. Not much cross training involved in throwing freight. I always liked throwing trucks as a nice change of pace from the processing line because it's mindless fun standing in one place doing the same thing vs running around. Too much of any one thing is a bummer, I think.

Last edited:
We've had preapproved so far but not mandatory. I think they are trying to avoid mandatory to avoid having too many people in the building including those that don't want to be there and also because we're told if we are sick to stay home, so even though they didn't literally say it, this is pretty much the same as a liberal leave policy where they won't enforce accountable time as much as usual because this situation is anything other than usual. Especially with school closings they know people might not have a choice other than to stay at home with no one to watch their kids.

Does anyway know which DC 0589 is? If memory serves me correct that's Oconomowoc WI. Apparently they had a confirmed Corona case in the OB department. Not a single peep from any of the management about it here. All they did was put up signs at the front doors to turn around if you feel sick and forced us to watch a video (that didnt actually play) on how to wash hands LMAO.

Back