COVID-19 Any other dc getting overtime because of coronavirus

When they see you are crosstrained they can preapprove you and then have you on the start up sheet as a flex out. Or they can keep you in your home department and flex someone else out who is also cross trained in the other department. It's a win win for them. And if the other person doesn't want to go, you can swap with them if you like. I'm in warehousing now but I came from inbound. Some people don't like going to inbound, but I like doing different things and keeping everything fresh in my mind so I don't get rusty or bored. I just want to work and get the day over with.

We've been sending people to the cart line to throw carts, just giving them a crash course in throwing carts. I guess if the backlog gets high it makes sense to take the people pulling carts to throw them. It's like throwing a truck. Not much cross training involved in throwing freight. I always liked throwing trucks as a nice change of pace from the processing line because it's mindless fun standing in one place doing the same thing vs running around. Too much of any one thing is a bummer, I think.
Tell my OM that. I was flexed out to Depal all week long, while the other two people who are cross-trained with me each had at least one shift out of it. I like doing different things don't get me wrong, but I don't like seeing everyone but me get a chance for a break. PS I love throwing ART and UDC. Every OM who seen me work in IB has asked when I was job changing. I had an OM tell me in one shift in UDC I out threw all but one person in that department on that key

Worked 54+ the past 4 weeks now they decide to bump pay $2 argh

They gave us an extra $1 for fall season one year at my building, it was added on like a shift differential so you didn't get it when working OT, wonder if this will work the same way.

They gave us an extra $1 for fall season one year at my building, it was added on like a shift differential so you didn't get it when working OT, wonder if this will work the same way.
If you mean that you don’t get 1.5x pay on overtime, you do, it’s just included in your “overtime rate” on your check. So is shift differential.
So say your base is $20/hr., $1 differential, $2 hazard pay.
Your rate for OT would be $31.50 because the extra .5x is included in this rate instead of on the differential or other rate line.
Any other merits get thrown back into operations? Asking for a friend.
When they were first rolling out ICQA they said that wasn’t an option, along with merit TMs not being able to sign up for OT in operations.

Just read that amazon is going to start paying double time over 40hrs instead of time and a half... hopefully spot follows suit

Just read that amazon is going to start paying double time over 40hrs instead of time and a half... hopefully spot follows suit
Interesting. It's where a lot of states are headed right now. Already standard that over 60 is double (which is why max hours is 60 now. Nothing to do with safety).
I hope not. I guarantee while it sounds good on paper, Amazon will not give OT unless it is dragged screaming across the floor to do so. I would rather make 1.5x pay often enough, than have an extra hundred seasonal workers hired every year and only get double pay maybe on black friday and Christmas week only.

Interesting. It's where a lot of states are headed right now. Already standard that over 60 is double (which is why max hours is 60 now. Nothing to do with safety).
I hope not. I guarantee while it sounds good on paper, Amazon will not give OT unless it is dragged screaming across the floor to do so. I would rather make 1.5x pay often enough, than have an extra hundred seasonal workers hired every year and only get double pay maybe on black friday and Christmas week only.
I misspoke, only meant I’d want it during this period as it would definitely mean more useless bodies in the building during normal peaks.

Some of our merit guys who had specialties are being sent over on OT. Not during normal shifts though.

Our ICQA has stayed in ICQA functions as far as I know. They are getting OT though. Even though it was claimed little to no OT with this position, I assumed there would be OT as long as corporate didn't stamp it out.

Our primary ICQAs get the extra merit $1.00 an hour but none of the back-ups get it. And despite having tons of interviews for these positions, the DC basically throws anyone into the back-up role at any time. It's kind of like a place to put bodies because we don't know what to do with these bodies. AMNESTY BINS!

Anyone’s dc not getting the freight they are supposed to get, in? Our inbound forecast was 1.2mill and they have been vle’ing all week so far because trailers aren’t showing up. Yesterday the tally was at 50 trailers that we were supposed to get, but didn’t. We are receiving freight not run through a plan, which is a nightmare.

Anyone’s dc not getting the freight they are supposed to get, in? Our inbound forecast was 1.2mill and they have been vle’ing all week so far because trailers aren’t showing up. Yesterday the tally was at 50 trailers that we were supposed to get, but didn’t. We are receiving freight not run through a plan, which is a nightmare.
Happened to us yesterday too.
Had a big plan and basically no backlog. They were basically all gone after 2and break.

What's going on with paper products? At the store level, we are seeing virtually nothing come in via the trucks. We had a couple of big shipments - which sold out. Now we are getting in very little.

When paper products first sold out we sent all the reserves in our DC out. Now the only paper we ship out is what we get from the vendor since we no longer have any stored in our building. Last couple times I GPMed and dealt with PIPO we got 2-3 trailers a day in of paper product, each trailer has 60 pallets and my DC services around 70 stores. One of the big stores gets 10-20 pallets, the rest are lucky to get 1-2.

GPM is a job function at a distribution center where we drive a machine with long forks that can move 3 pallets at a time. Pretty much move everything between inbound and the storage racks, and then back from the storage racks to outbound.

What's going on with paper products? At the store level, we are seeing virtually nothing come in via the trucks. We had a couple of big shipments - which sold out. Now we are getting in very little.
Yup. We are completely at the mercy of our vendors at this point. What we send out is what we receive. And vendors are missing their appointments, or shorting our orders if they do show up. But please enjoy the walls made entirely from Easter candy and assorted chips that we just sent out!

Unfortunately, not a lot is coming in. On Monday I did see a plethora of locations of some sort of tp. I have a feeling the trailer wasn’t run through a plan, making it all reserve. Oh well stores can wait a few days for the labels to drop 🙄🤷🏻‍♂️

Yup. We are completely at the mercy of our vendors at this point. What we send out is what we receive. And vendors are missing their appointments, or shorting our orders if they do show up. But please enjoy the walls made entirely from Easter candy and assorted chips that we just sent out!
I sure did today I got 12 pallets of mini seasonal it was ridiculous. 19h workload for a 8h shift. I wrapped that shit up and put it on the steal . Saved myself 18h lol

I'm new to target about a month and a half working A2 doing CA. Last week picked up an OT shift working B2 we finished early and I swept for over an hour since I don't know hand puts or anything else. This past weekend A2 pretty much barely had any work. Ended up doing depal the first night for a little over 4hours. Swept and looked for rubber bands the next night but left before 2am due to boredom. Left before 2am the next night due to not wanting to sweep all night. Signed up for OT this week but haven't been scheduled any which I expected due to the lack of work at the DC.

I expect to pick up more OT hours around the first of the month when all the food stamp\social security people go and panic buy.

Last edited:
Similar story here. Yesterday most of the live unloads didn't show cutting ib plans in half. Today they overperformed. Our forecasts were over 1.7 million from inbound now they're guessing it's all coming in over the next couple days.

It's not the best for the people who need it but at the very least this situation keeps them calling the OT for those that want it. I am a cleaning fanatic and being able to spend 3 hours sweeping and taking care of damages left lying around the wing has been a dream. I even have enough time to mop some of the old crusty gross spills that were allowed to dry.

Our OM got one of the OB guys that did UA for a few years to run the sweeper and stuff and just drive around cleaning for hours. No PIPO sitting out. Broken load bars sorted through and taken care of. Equipment being hand cleaned to disinfect. I dont think the wing has looked this nice since the building opened!

Back