Any other Dcs in mandatory flex down?

I thought that they were just going to be taking hours from us in rebin but the whole warehouse got flexed down last week (32hrs) and this week (30.5) on A1. Plus they are sending random people home after start up if there's not enough work. Just wondering what other Dcs are doing? Sorry I see the other threads just now. People are still slacking off spending time in the bathroom here but I am in rebin so that isn't a surprise. Honestly barely anyone has pride in their work here. Lining up at the time clock 15 minutes early, not being a good team player, heading towards the break room early even when we are right next to the break room, getting up from their station to talk to their friends, and totally stopping work when they have any sort of discussion. I probably could list more to. Honestly wish that they would let go of the people who aren't working and give those hours to the people who want to

Last edited:
We work 37 hours for the next two weeks. seriously if you think they care about all the things you listed.. lol the lazier you are the easier it is here for you. Just ignore it put in for flex up and put your energy elsewhere

Last edited:
I thought that they were just going to be taking hours from us in rebin but the whole warehouse got flexed down last week (32hrs) and this week (30.5) on A1. Plus they are sending random people home after start up if there's not enough work. Just wondering what other Dcs are doing? Sorry I see the other threads just now. People are still slacking off spending time in the bathroom here but I am in rebin so that isn't a surprise. Honestly barely anyone has pride in their work here. Lining up at the time clock 15 minutes early, not being a good team player, heading towards the break room early even when we are right next to the break room, getting up from their station to talk to their friends, and totally stopping work when they have any sort of discussion. I probably could list more to. Honestly wish that they would let go of the people who aren't working and give those hours to the people who want to
Sounds an awful lot like my warehouse. Lots of laziness but the true workers seem to be the ones getting the short end of the stick.

Our building has specific dept and keys now on mandatory scheduled down for over 2 months now, while others are getting full hours every week. Where is the fairness in that? Plus have yet to see a LWW mandarory scheduled down , even on those teams that are constantly losing at least one full shift each week. In fact, our LWW and backups seem to always get OT, working 10.5-11 hrs, even when 1/3 of their team is scheduled down. @Hal, what’s up with that?

Our building has specific dept and keys now on mandatory scheduled down for over 2 months now, while others are getting full hours every week. Where is the fairness in that? Plus have yet to see a LWW mandarory scheduled down , even on those teams that are constantly losing at least one full shift each week. In fact, our LWW and backups seem to always get OT, working 10.5-11 hrs, even when 1/3 of their team is scheduled down. @Hal, what’s up with that?
Your building is a hot mess?

Sounds like poor leadership. Uneven staffing and people at all levels just being trash. If your attitude is any indication, its seems like your DC is a terrible place to work, or your overexaggerating. Can't speak on it without knowing the building number, but you're also probably on the bottom of budget rankings and your building is going to get ripped apart over the next few HQ visits.

Not happening here.

Fairness? This is all done with business needs in mind. We haven’t hired since fall season, and we have been scheduling down specific keys/departments based on forecasts. Remember, you are given the option to job change to a different key/department that needs more tm’s. In fact, our building is allowing tm’s do a temp job change to a specific department and key that is well below headcount so tm’s can get hours without having to hire.

Also, the only way a Lww will get less hours is if they alter the shift length for a key/department. If your lww’s are getting ot, your labor analyst should be coming down on the om’s. If they come in early to help set up for the day, they should be leaving early.

Luckily it’s just voluntary flex down for us for the last few weeks. I’m not sure if it’s because enough ppl flexed down to not require mandatory. I work B2 Tues-Fri 4p to 2a and have not been scheduled on Wednesday and Thursday for the last 2 weeks.

Our DC has taken 2 hours away each shift so now A key works 30 hours and B key work 32. They are starting mandatory flex downs as well so we will be back to 10 and 12 hour shifts but they will be taking a whole day away from us

Schedule downs happen occasionally. Once every four-five years it seems. Don't worry, your hours will be back, unless the economy takes an absolute nosedive into a full blown depression.

Well they are nwa us left and right now mostly in rebin and I have been lucky enough to get time in legacy so it hasn't effected me much. I still do work over in rebin occasionally so that sucks and also mandatory whole day flex down every 3weeks. The rest of the warehouse is back to normal hours at least on the day shifts. Made me sweep and label boxes for a few hours today to. Hopefully we get our hours back soon

Well they are nwa us left and right now mostly in rebin and I have been lucky enough to get time in legacy so it hasn't effected me much. I still do work over in rebin occasionally so that sucks and also mandatory whole day flex down every 3weeks. The rest of the warehouse is back to normal hours at least on the day shifts. Made me sweep and label boxes for a few hours today to. Hopefully we get our hours back soon
Put in for another job change! Keep bugging them about it if you want more hours.

Schedule downs happen occasionally. Once every four-five years it seems. Don't worry, your hours will be back, unless the economy takes an absolute nosedive into a full blown depression.

not only that but plenty of the year all the ot you can eat is available, so stock up in those times.

of course i get most people wont save a paycheck. let alone a buffer to last weeks.

Back