Archived Anyone else taking a truck on the 4th of July?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bananaman

Potassium Rules
Schedule just went up and wouldn't you just know it, my store is scheduled to take a truck on Monday, July 4th.

Pretty many team members are disgusted. Partly because we have Tuesday, July 5th off. It's been asked why we couldn't take the July 4th truck on a Tuesday, but apparently that's impossible according to leadership.

Just wondering, is anyone else taking a truck on that day?

I'd assume every store in the company is taking a truck that day. Most team members are excited about it because of getting time and a half. The flow team should be the most excited because that holiday is primarily evening (and some afternoon) activities, so they'll be long gone before any of it. There are probably some cashiers and sales floor team members who wish they could see the fireworks, but honestly I'd prefer to work in the evening on the 4th just because it's going to be so slow.

We don't have a truck.
I'd assume every store in the company is taking a truck that day. Most team members are excited about it because of getting time and a half. The flow team should be the most excited because that holiday is primarily evening (and some afternoon) activities, so they'll be long gone before any of it. There are probably some cashiers and sales floor team members who wish they could see the fireworks, but honestly I'd prefer to work in the evening on the 4th just because it's going to be so slow.
They shoot off fireworks across the street from us. Parking lot is packed, and people are in all night for drinks and bathroom.

We always take a truck on Mondays. I'm personally excited because it means I get 8hrs of time and a half (perhaps more if they ask us to stay later)

Does anyone know if the time and a half is calculated before or after shift differential?

Yep and we're going to 4am starting that day as well.

If your store normally takes a truck on Mondays, and the store will be open, why would you expect anything else?

Take the extra pay, go home and take a nap, then stay up celebrating as late as you want since you won't have to work the next morning.

If your store normally takes a truck on Mondays, and the store will be open, why would you expect anything else?

Take the extra pay, go home and take a nap, then stay up celebrating as late as you want since you won't have to work the next morning.
Exactly. God forbid, it's not like we're getting paid to do manual labor or actual work or anything. Like Target is a business or something, ha! -snorts-

Yup, we'll get one too. It's just a holiday...even Christmas doesn't mean everyone gets to stay home...

Is your entire flow team so new that they weren't there for the truck they took on Memorial Day?

We didn't take one for Memorial Day.

I know what everyone is saying. I mean time off to spend with family is overrated. Most of us don't even have loved ones, must less ones who want to have a get together with us. I'll be happy to go to work and take the extra $30 for working on a holiday. I figure that should be enough for a six pack and some "recreational" enjoyment, and who can ask for anything more? lol

I know what everyone is saying. I mean time off to spend with family is overrated. Most of us don't even have loved ones, must less ones who want to have a get together with us. I'll be happy to go to work and take the extra $30 for working on a holiday. I figure that should be enough for a six pack and some "recreational" enjoyment, and who can ask for anything more? lol
That's weird. It should have been your normal truck day. If you didn't take a truck that day, it likely had nothing to do with the holiday.

I'm surprised you would all rather work on the 5th and have to go to bed before the fireworks instead of getting off early on the 4th and having the rest of the day off.

Here's the thing, you work retail, if you were hoping for minor holidays off, you are in the wrong sector. (PS, I'll be working 24 hours that day in my job...sometimes it's what you do).

Only holidays we don't a truck is thanksgiving xmas Nye and Easter. The week of the fourth we have a double on Sunday for bts

My store doesn't have a truck on the 4th but it's also a Monday and not a normal truck day for us.

They also banned certain specialty teams (POG and pricing) from working on the 4th and scheduled us to work four 10-hour shifts from Tuesday-Friday without even asking us if that was ok.

Bet they'll change their tune just in time for Thanksgiving/Black Friday.

My store doesn't have a truck on the 4th but it's also a Monday and not a normal truck day for us.

They also banned certain specialty teams (POG and pricing) from working on the 4th and scheduled us to work four 10-hour shifts from Tuesday-Friday without even asking us if that was ok.

Bet they'll change their tune just in time for Thanksgiving/Black Friday.

I would be hot line calling. That is looking like we want to not pay holiday pay. Cause at least for me way outside my availability.

OH THANK GOD IT'S A MONDAY

Not a C&S truck receiving day or a C&S truck push day thank god <3

Ya we will be getting our C&S truck and pushing it Sunday and Tuesday.

I also convinced them to give me an 6 hour mid on both Sunday and Tuesday for Market so that will be super nice

We do have PFresh inventory on Tuesday though. It would normally fall on the 4th but thank god target isnt THAT heartless to make us do that on the 4th

Anyone working the morning is basically fine for the 4th. Its the people who get stuck working at night til 10 or 11 it really sucks for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back