Archived Anyone ever try to call Tracfone customer service for a guest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering if anyone here has ever tried to call Tracfone customer service for a guest. I did today, as we had a guest that a phone previously activated with them and wanted to reactivate it.

I sold him a card and called the number on the card to reactivate for him. After following the voice prompts I thought the phone was good to go, but that was not the case. When calling back I finally found a tech support option that asks for the customer's phone number and then after entering tells you that a transaction is being completed for the number and to wait 15 minutes for it to be completed. Well in any event this transaction was never completed.

Also I did not find any option for speaking to a live person at Tracfone to see if they could help.

The guest was not happy and just wanted a refund for the card, so I tried to do a "post void," but could not, as the POS system said the prepaid card had been used. Also I could not do a return for the same reason. Finialy my ETL gave the guest a Target gift card for the value of card, but the guest was still not too happy.

Not sure if I can recommend Tracfone after that experience.

Just wondering if anyone here has ever tried to call Tracfone customer service for a guest. I did today, as we had a guest that a phone previously activated with them and wanted to reactivate it.

I sold him a card and called the number on the card to reactivate for him. After following the voice prompts I thought the phone was good to go, but that was not the case. When calling back I finally found a tech support option that asks for the customer's phone number and then after entering tells you that a transaction is being completed for the number and to wait 15 minutes for it to be completed. Well in any event this transaction was never completed.

Also I did not find any option for speaking to a live person at Tracfone to see if they could help.

The guest was not happy and just wanted a refund for the card, so I tried to do a "post void," but could not, as the POS system said the prepaid card had been used. Also I could not do a return for the same reason. Finialy my ETL gave the guest a Target gift card for the value of card, but the guest was still not too happy.

And that is why i always advise against them. It is always a headache.

Why would you call Tracfone for a guest while you're on the clock working for Target? That is the guest's problem. It's not yours or Target's.

Best advice: don't use Tracfone. It sucks. You pay a dollar for a minute. ATT prepaid is better. You can get unlimited talk and text with 2 GB of data per month for just 45 dollars a month.

Why would you call Tracfone for a guest while you're on the clock working for Target? That is the guest's problem. It's not yours or Target's.
Vibing with the guest?

And I've done this. Tracfone has made the process insanely difficult. You have to go through, if I remember correctly, no fewer than 5 menus to speak to an actual rep.

But as bad as that is, I still push Tracfone over consumer cellular. That service is garbage sold as a great deal to people who don't know better

ATT prepaid has flip phones and their monthly packages are a million times better than both of those pieces of shit providers. I would never recommend Tracfone or Consumer Cellular to a human being or even an alien.

I do this all the time. I've called ATT, Tracfone, Virgin Mobile, and God knows how many times I've called Consumer Cellular... -.-
But yeah, Tracfone sucks. I haven't had the exact problem you did but I tell guests to stay away from it unless they barely talk at all, because the only nice feature is you can make your minutes last a lot longer than the typical 30 days, like in a normal prepaid plan. Probably best to tell guests to call themselves, but there's those times when you get the super helpless elderly ones that barely know how to turn the phone on, and they really need help.

I've even called other retail giants for guests. I called Walmart once and they hung up on me 3 times in a row. Last time I ever did that.

Tracfone is bad. When you buy a data card, you think it would cover text messages, it does not. You have to buy A talk card.

I do this all the time. I've called ATT, Tracfone, Virgin Mobile, and God knows how many times I've called Consumer Cellular... -.-
But yeah, Tracfone sucks. I haven't had the exact problem you did but I tell guests to stay away from it unless they barely talk at all, because the only nice feature is you can make your minutes last a lot longer than the typical 30 days, like in a normal prepaid plan. Probably best to tell guests to call themselves, but there's those times when you get the super helpless elderly ones that barely know how to turn the phone on, and they really need help.

I've even called other retail giants for guests. I called Walmart once and they hung up on me 3 times in a row. Last time I ever did that.
Yes this guess doesn't use a ton a minutes. Also this guess wanted us to get it working. Guess he has has the same problem in the past. Did end up buying another from service, but sure with one, as I moved on to something else.

Did the guest say how long the phone was inactive? I know with Virgin Mobile, if your phone has been inactive (meaning you let your account go below the minimum needed, and you haven't topped it up) for a certain amount of time, you lose the phone number attached to your account and you have to get a new number. I wonder if this is what happened to your guest and whoever has the number now got topped up?

Did the guest say how long the phone was inactive? I know with Virgin Mobile, if your phone has been inactive (meaning you let your account go below the minimum needed, and you haven't topped it up) for a certain amount of time, you lose the phone number attached to your account and you have to get a new number. I wonder if this is what happened to your guest and whoever has the number now got topped up?
Could be. The guest did not say. He did however say that he saw someplace in one of the menus where you could find out the end service date.

I remember tracfone! It was my first phone. Only thing it was good for was snake and solitaire, lol.

nokia-1221-silver-tracfone-cellular-phone-d9fa2638ae1ec82553c531cb22b48bc4.jpg

I remember tracfone! It was my first phone. Only thing it was good for was snake and solitaire, lol.

nokia-1221-silver-tracfone-cellular-phone-d9fa2638ae1ec82553c531cb22b48bc4.jpg

My dad used to have that paperweight phone. He rarely used it, so my mom would insist that I bring it whenever I went anywhere because I didn't have a phone at the time.

I know you were providing top notch service. But its best not to do it. If something were too go wrong with the top up card or activation, then you and Target are held liable. Even if the guest begs you to help with them, you need to tell them its against policy to handle a guest's property. Its been posted for years never to top up a guest's phone.

I HATE TRACPHONE It IS possible to get a human, but it is very difficult and usually involves stupidly long wait times. Only Mobile in our store is able to do those, because of the liability thing, but even then I ONLY mess with Tracphone when something has gone wrong and the guest is just not capable of understanding how to fix it themselves.

I know you were providing top notch service. But its best not to do it. If something were too go wrong with the top up card or activation, then you and Target are held liable. Even if the guest begs you to help with them, you need to tell them its against policy to handle a guest's property. Its been posted for years never to top up a guest's phone.
See, I don't know if I'd be able to tell a guest a Target Mobile employee would need to top up their minutes for them. That's practically the only thing I do for guests that need help with their phone and that's because it's stupid easy, like completely fool-proof on most phones, and if I were to have a problem punching in a pin into the prepaid menu that exists on pretty much every prepaid phone I've seen, then that doesn't make Target liable in my opinion. I make a point to show every guest whose minutes I top up how ridiculously easy it is to add minutes to their phone, because nobody is incapable of doing it unless they can't physically generate enough force with their fingers to press the buttons. Plus our Target Mobile leaves at 8PM every day now so it's very possible they could just be gone. I get the idea that if something goes wrong it makes it seem like it's Target's fault, but refusing to do such an easy thing for a guest just seems almost rude to me.

Vibing with the guest?

And I've done this. Tracfone has made the process insanely difficult. You have to go through, if I remember correctly, no fewer than 5 menus to speak to an actual rep.

But as bad as that is, I still push Tracfone over consumer cellular. That service is garbage sold as a great deal to people who don't know better

I have consumer cellular and I've never had a problem with them or their customer service people

That's practically the only thing I do for guests that need help with their phone and that's because it's stupid easy, like completely fool-proof on most phones, and if I were to have a problem punching in a pin into the prepaid menu that exists on pretty much every prepaid phone I've seen, then that doesn't make Target liable in my opinion.
Regardless of opinion, it would make Target liable. As a contracted employee of Target, you are handling the personal property belonging to someone else without either party signing a release contract. If anything goes wrong, Target is held responsible as a result of your actions. That is why there is a policy against team members handling property belonging to guests.

I personally am not willing to lose my job because I might have accidentally dropped someone's phone or cost them or the store money if a top-up card does not go through (for whatever reason, you never know with how flaky some carriers can be) so I kindly explain that to the guest, apologize profusely, and point them to the times of Target Mobile who is authorized to handle those tasks.

Once, target mobile wasn't around and it was for a regular guest that has mobility problems. I wanted to hang myself after the nearly hour long ordeal.

I have consumer cellular and I've never had a problem with them or their customer service people
So you enjoy paying more for less than what other prepaid services provide? What is it, $50 a month for unlimited talk, and then you add more for text and a pittance of data?

Cricket I believe offers unlimited everything for $35. Something like that. Consumer is the worst bang for your buck of the prepaid options

So you enjoy paying more for less than what other prepaid services provide? What is it, $50 a month for unlimited talk, and then you add more for text and a pittance of data?

Cricket I believe offers unlimited everything for $35. Something like that. Consumer is the worst bang for your buck of the prepaid options

Consumer is not really intended for people who are using more than ansolute minimum data. It is GREAT for people who just want talk. And those are the ones I recommend for that. Once they want more than emergency texts, I generally steer them to someone with a more unlimited plan.

I only pay $22 a month. I'm going to have to look into cricket now

Once, target mobile wasn't around and it was for a regular guest that has mobility problems. I wanted to hang myself after the nearly hour long ordeal.

The above is why we SHOULDNT do something like that. Target isnt paying you to activate a guests phone even if it fits the spirit of the vibe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back