Archived Anyone in your store taking a LOA for a new job instead of quiting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious. A few of my coworkers picked up jobs and because they were only getting like 8-10 hours a week broken up into random days

They said they would rather just work one day but hr said no because business demands or whatever. At least 3 have taken LOAs under the guies of "school" when they really just found better jobs and are keeping target in the back pocket because of the eventual 15 dollars and hour raise, which is decent pay in my area.

So can you actually take an loa for another job, or would your hr care. Our store cut a bunch of positions outta nowhere an a local warehouse offered me a few other tms fulltime there. Still thinking about what to do

I would just take sudden vast amounts of vacation, for ........ reasons.
Lol I'm in the process of doing that lol

I wonder if they would approve a 3 month one, I obviously don't get the hours like I'm needed there haha

As long as you don't TELL them your LOA is for another job since they tend to frown on that.
I'd do like your coworkers & simply tell spot it's for school tho you might want to sign up for a comm college class on-line or something to support your excuse reason for the LOA.
Spot certainly doesn't pay TMs to sit idle waiting to be called in for a 'maybe' shift.

We have someone who doesn't like interacting with guest and doesn't want to be part of E2E, so she went and got another job. The leadership likes her and doesn't want to let her go so she was assigned mainly for SFS and was permitted to be on LOA so she could be back in Q4 to do SFS again. It really depends on the leadership, I guess.

We have someone who doesn't like interacting with guest and doesn't want to be part of E2E, so she went and got another job. The leadership likes her and doesn't want to let her go so she was assigned mainly for SFS and was permitted to be on LOA so she could be back in Q4 to do SFS again. It really depends on the leadership, I guess.
thats crazy and kinda neat. sfs is swamped during 4q so plenty of hours there

She's a hardworker and works well with leadership and other people. I once told her to stay and decide until after Q4 before she decides to leave bec there is definitely hours for SFS in Q4

I would just vacation and when that time is used up, they schedule but I go MIA.

We have a couple people that I’ve never met that are on LOA and I’ve been there over a year.... they just got another job and wanted a back up plan

I have almost 150 time away hours and you don't get paid out for those if you quit so yes I would take an LOA so that I get paid for those unused hours in my state. Thing is if you quit while on LOA, I'm not sure how that affects your rehireability if you ever want to come back to target. Although I know that if leadership likes you, they'll take you back no matter your status.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back