Anyone left Target DC and came back?

Hello,
I'm a former team member at an East Coast DC. Started in Inbound and transferred to WHS in my last few months there. Worked a total of 2 years. I left for a (at the time) better job. This new job pays slightly more and is much less physical, but is incredibly boring and requires more days out of the week (even including peak seasons at DC). Also, I just don't vibe with the politics. I just don't see myself doing this job for more than a year (I say a year just so my work history doesn't look like I bounce around a lot). Its not horrible job, its just not for everyone including me.

For anyone who has came back to work for Target, have you had a lot of trouble coming back in terms of z numbers working, benefit enrollments after 3 months, managers being weird, etc?

If I come back I would want a weekend shift, night or day, in any dept besides OB. I would stay at my current my job if they offered me OB.

I have a follow up, like, lets say you left dc in a trailer, do you get swept back on the same trailer? Or will they send a helicopter after you, cause you is the fucking boss.

Hello,
I'm a former team member at an East Coast DC. Started in Inbound and transferred to WHS in my last few months there. Worked a total of 2 years. I left for a (at the time) better job. This new job pays slightly more and is much less physical, but is incredibly boring and requires more days out of the week (even including peak seasons at DC). Also, I just don't vibe with the politics. I just don't see myself doing this job for more than a year (I say a year just so my work history doesn't look like I bounce around a lot). Its not horrible job, its just not for everyone including me.

For anyone who has came back to work for Target, have you had a lot of trouble coming back in terms of z numbers working, benefit enrollments after 3 months, managers being weird, etc?

If I come back I would want a weekend shift, night or day, in any dept besides OB. I would stay at my current my job if they offered me OB.
We actually had a woman at my DC that left and came back in a similar way. She was in warehouse, transfered to B1 OB, realised being in OB was not worth having the day shift and was trying to make it through 6 months so she could post back to warehouse.
Needless to say she ended up being on CA for calling out one too many times and wasn't able to post out.
So she quit (with proper notice and what not) worked another job for a few months as you have, and re applied back into warehouse.
Interestingly despite having been out long enough to lose seniority etc. They maintained her cross training and equipment training. So it is possible if you had already been trained in certain functions, especially now while the need is so great, you might be able to slip back into all that relatively quickly rather than being forced to go through the standard training schedule again.
I have a follow up, like, lets say you left dc in a trailer, do you get swept back on the same trailer? Or will they send a helicopter after you, cause you is the fucking boss.
I can't say for certain but I do know being in a trailer that is pulled out from the dock is taken very seriously. The yard driver is immediately fired for it on the spot.
I would imagine if they realised you were in a trailer en route to store either by choice or accident, the police would be sent to get you. Probably not a chopper though.

I left a DC job then came back a few years later. Some of the managers even remembered me. My benefits did get screwed up though so watch out for that. I started off with negative PH.

Back