Appearance Dress Code

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, of course...

We should all not care one bit about our appearance.

I don't give a flying fuck what anyone wears to express themselves.

As far as Target goes, if they're in red and khaki with a name tag, then the rest is anything goes. And that's what we were told in orientation - blue hair, piercings, nail color, make up, whatever - as long as you smell okay and wear the uniform, you're free to express yourself however you want.

It's a brave new world...

Red and khaki, closed-toe shoes, no hats, and you only get away with shorts if you're cart attendant, at my store. Quite a few people at my store- myself included -have gauges, some larger than others. A couple have had nose piercings. Many people have tattoos.

It's a brave new world...

I hate to say it old man but you're sounding like the stereotypical old man who's shaking his fist, telling the younger generation to get off his lawn and not understanding the "kids these days." Face it, there are men out there who wear nail polish. If you think it looks stupid, that is your opinion that you are entitled to, but that doesn't mean Target should prohibit it. People have different ways of expressing themselves and as others have said, as long as they are getting work done I couldn't care less if they come in wearing a pearl necklace and pink hair to work, and they're male! Try that one on for size.

Let's also be mindful of the fact that we have a lot of transgender individuals at the workplace now. These "goofy" men wearing nail polish may actually be desiring to transition, but are afraid to due to reactions like yours, or haven't yet made the decision to. I would keep this in mind before judging.

Last edited:
I hate to say it old man but you're sounding like the stereotypical old man who's shaking his fist, telling the younger generation to get off his lawn and not understanding the "kids these days." Face it, there are men out there who wear nail polish. If you think it looks stupid, that is your opinion that you are entitled to, but that doesn't mean Target should prohibit it. People have different ways of expressing themselves and as others have said, as long as they are getting work done I couldn't care less if they come in wearing a pearl necklace and pink hair to work, and they're male! Try that one on for size.

Let's also be mindful of the fact that we have a lot of transgender individuals at the workplace now. These "goofy" men wearing nail polish may actually be desiring to transition, but are afraid to due to reactions like yours, or haven't yet made the decision to. I would keep this in mind before judging.

Here, you forgot this.
soap-box-01.jpg

Well nothing I said was wrong.

Okay. Sooo....you forgot your box. You going to take it, or what?

I think you're being condescending. "Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but here is the correct opinion." I'm mocking you because you're beating a dead horse. And lastly, Kartman expressed his opinion in the most mellow and non offensive way possible, and simply asked for clarification on the dress code. Now it's become a window for everyone to boast about how tolerant their world view is. Yes yes, we get it. Gold stars for everyone. Everyone pat themselves on the back.

Last edited:
At the end of the day, target has a very lenient dress code. I don't think the handbook specifically says anything about men wearing nail polish.

And you're probably the last person that should be throwing you arms up about this seeing as you've worn a skirt to work.

At the end of the day, target has a very lenient dress code. I don't think the handbook specifically says anything about men wearing nail polish.

And you're probably the last person that should be throwing you arms up about this seeing as you've worn a skirt to work.

Kilt* XD

Sounds like your a grumpy old man who cares if some guy decides to wear nail polish how dose that effect you?

It's "you're."

Please - post like you know what you're saying. I'm not grumpy...

;)

Good grammar... it's the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

Last edited:
According to my orientation, I'd be allowed to come in wearing a skirt with my face covered in tattoos and press on nails. If it's appropriate, I can wear it. We can even wear shirts with 'cute cat logos' and we don't have to wear khaki's, they just can't be denim.

This guy is overweight, middle aged, circular bald spot on the top of his head, with bad teeth.

But those pretty blue press-on nails really help him out!

Yea, you're right... it's not silly at all!
What does it matter if hes over weight , middle aged and balding ? He has the right to wear press on nails if he wants to.So , if he was young, had a full head of hair and was skinny it would be ok ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back