Archived apple watch concern

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so i just got a new apple watch and today at work i was told i may not be able to wear it but yet this other person at my store has had one for a while and has not been told anything .there reason being is it mught be a distraction. i am a cart attendant other person in question is a GSA

You were going to wear an expensive watch like that while getting carts? I used to wear a watch a while back but I stopped because it got scratched up due to my lovely adventures in the backroom?

I wouldn't wear an apple watch while working at Target just because you never know what type of crazy things can happen.

You were going to wear an expensive watch like that while getting carts? I used to wear a watch a while back but I stopped because it got scratched up due to my lovely adventures in the backroom?

I wouldn't wear an apple watch while working at Target just because you never know what type of crazy things can happen.
well i didnt buy it to not use it lol

I've worn mine since the first of September, no one has said anything. My STL even wanted to take a look at mine and then purchased one the same day. Your store must be uptight or have a issue with TMs on their devices a lot.

Thats idiotic. Politely ask them where you can find such a rule in the handbook ;)
Ya know, just so you can "brush up on dress code policy" and all (or whatever fucking pretend policy they wanna file that under).

Ask another ETL about if it is alright to wear it. Or just wear a different watch when you are at work.

Ignore them. They're power tripping.

If they have an issue, they'll coach you on it; at which time they'll need to cite a guideline. No guideline exists, so no issue.

Personally, I wouldn't wear it to work because of how easily it could be damaged. But, to each their own. Be careful.

P.S., you must make bank as a cart attendant! Need to switch roles, POG doesn't pay me well enough.

If they say you can't wear a watch, then explain that you often lose track of time and it will help you stay on track.

If they say you can't wear a watch, then explain that you often lose track of time and it will help you stay on track.
Good answer. Let them know it's your watch, and not just a smart device. I would ask them, "so it's alright if I just use my phone then right?" What happens if you're about to hit a lunch violation?

Yeah I wouldn't want to wear that thing to work at Target. But, I wouldn't let anyone tell me I could'nt.

I have worn my Apple Watch at work for the past few months. Nobody has said anything, aside from ogling it a bit. My STL has tried mine on, and one of our ETLs and one of our Senior Team Leads recently bought ones as well. We also have a cashier that wears one all the time as well.

In short; no, you should definitely be able to wear your watch to work if you want to--and if you are okay with having an expensive piece of hardware on your wrist (could get stolen, could make you a target for muggers/etc. if you're on your own in a near empty parking lot at night, etc. etc.).

I think the cheapest apple watch is like $350. If I didn't have the bills I have (mostly student loans. I don't drive, though) it would take two checks to afford one. Idk why anyone's surprised. Everyone's level of bills/debt is different.

As long as you aren't playing with it on the clock, I don't see the problem. Now, I'm incredibly hard on watches in retail and tend to go through one a year, so I would never wear it at work, but that's just me.

If your boss is still giving you shit, put a rainbow or Star of David sticker on your watch. He won't say shit if he sees that.

But isn't an Apple Watch still pretty much a cell phone? I mean you can still receive calls on it. Is that something you can turn off? If so then I'd say wear it.

But isn't an Apple Watch still pretty much a cell phone? I mean you can still receive calls on it. Is that something you can turn off? If so then I'd say wear it.
Yes, it just mirrors notifications from your phone, which you can disable and it be just a $350 watch. That ETL is tripping... or jealous...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back