Archived Applying to salaried position at District Office - Procedure if a TM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found a listing that I *presume* is at our District Office (I know the office is located in that city); salaried, full-time, benefits, etc.

As a TM, would the procedure to apply for an "exempt" salaried job within Target be the same as if I were to transfer to another hourly position at another store?

*tbh I would ask our ETL-HR but I don't want to ummmm....drop a bombshell that I plan to leave my store*

I found a listing that I *presume* is at our District Office (I know the office is located in that city); salaried, full-time, benefits, etc.

As a TM, would the procedure to apply for an "exempt" salaried job within Target be the same as if I were to transfer to another hourly position at another store?

*tbh I would ask our ETL-HR but I don't want to ummmm....drop a bombshell that I plan to leave my store*

Paper wise it would probably be pretty similar, however, things do not go over well sneaking around. Having the support of your DTL STL and ETL's would be beneficial and almost necessary to move into an exempt position.

When I moved from store to DC it was a transfer and I had to have it approved by my TL and up. Also we had someone in the past who wanted to move into a GL position (salaried job) and his GL flat out told him no he wouldn't approve it. So I'm not 100%, considering what you're doing might be a bit different but I think it counts as a transfer and you have to have it approved.

I never told anyone at my store I had applied to the DC, but my boss had a good jab at me when she found out/approved it. She told me she didn't know there was a warehouse in state and then saw how much they made and told me she denied me and applied herself. I was so shocked/stunned until she told me she was kidding... That damn wonderful bitch.

If you applied for an exempt position you probably applied for an ETL position or above. You usually want the support of your ETL's and STL when moving into one of those positions. A lot of the time the positions for the "District Office" are usually always open for potential talent... You might get a call from the recruiter but most likely you'll hear from your STL first.... lol

If you applied for an exempt position you probably applied for an ETL position or above. You usually want the support of your ETL's and STL when moving into one of those positions. A lot of the time the positions for the "District Office" are usually always open for potential talent... You might get a call from the recruiter but most likely you'll hear from your STL first.... lol

The position title is "Administrative Assistant to the Vice President"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back