Archived APTL Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been selected for an interview for an APTL position. They said this position is to replace the old ETL-AP. Is this common for stores to only have a team leader in this position? Is this a key carrier position? What is the paygrade for this position?

My APL (same thing but in a lower volume store with no TPS) has a submaster key, so he can open core 1 locks but can't open the cash office, and he doesn't have an alarm code. N13 I think... I don't think it's N15 because of not having an alarm code so it's not totally a "key carrier" position.

Any insights on the job duties since you now report directly to the STL? Any interview tips? I'm interviewing with the APBP next week.

I am unable answer to that part, because of ap stuff. But on normal tl, the questions are, what if you".... We do have several members who Are ap folks on the forum!
Hey, ap team! We need some help here, please!

We were one of the store that just had a APTL replace our ETL-AP. Our APTL has lunch with and attends the ETL meetings. Although I am a SRTL key holder I believe I am a higher pay grade, but I have yet to gain the courage to ask my STL what her pay grade is.

An APL is PG15 (without a TPS).. I think APTL *MIGHT* be a PG17 (a Sr.TL PG) since you can write formal coachings and cca's. APTL= more $ /hr worked than if you were an ETL. You could easily get around $20/hr as an APTL if you have exp. In APL is prob in the $17-18/hr range.

Thanks - how many interviews should I expect and how long after the interviews till they made a job offer. The STL stated the position has been open for 7 weeks.

Put it to you this way - I've been waiting 4 weeks after my interview to hear back for a TL spot.

I should restate that volume does play some roll. Obviously in an AA you have to have AP, but there are also ULV's that have an ETL and 2 TPS's. Risk trumps volume.

Passed all three interviews within the store for the APTL position. What should I expect after all these interviews? STL has said he was recommending me for the position, not really sure what thay means.

Passed all three interviews within the store for the APTL position. What should I expect after all these interviews? STL has said he was recommending me for the position, not really sure what thay means.

You should expect an interview with the DTL and/or APBP. Your STL recommending you means that you won't have to totally blow them away, but you still need to do well enough to convince them to trust the STL's judgment.

The interview questions could be similar (or even identical) to the ones you've already seen, or they could go totally off-book and just interview you informally since they know you've already done well based on the interview guide.

Well I've been scheduled to meet with the DTL this Friday. Any suggestions on this meeting? I've never had so many interviews before with a company, this will be my fourth interview.

If you're already going to the DTL, congrats!

PS - there's some chit-chat in AE2013 plans to have the AP-TL take on some Sr. TL roles. Have fun!

Depending on store size/volume, etl-ap job goes bye-bye. Aptl replaces it.
I was told that the ETL position was not available for our store when I applied for APTL. I'm not completely sure but I don't think they even offer it anymore.

Our store has high volume (Were a Super Target, Former Greatland) but were considered low risk/shrink. I would assume though that they base it off shrink level, on who gets a ETL vs TL.

I was told that the ETL position was not available for our store when I applied for APTL. I'm not completely sure but I don't think they even offer it anymore.
Our store has high volume (Were a Super Target, Former Greatland) but were considered low risk/shrink. I would assume though that they base it off shrink level, on who gets a ETL vs TL.
I am a p-fresh, former greatland. We have etl-ap, but no aptl. Could be your location.

So I take it if I made it this far, there's a good chance I'll get an offer? How long after meeting with the DTL should I expect to wait for an offer?

So I take it if I made it this far, there's a good chance I'll get an offer? How long after meeting with the DTL should I expect to wait for an offer?

From what I've experienced when interviewing for new store positions, if they want you, you'll know very quickly, maybe even the DTL will say so during the interview. If they don't no one will want to be the one to tell you this; the ETL's will avoid you and refuse to make eye contact when you do see them.

I was selected for the position. I'm going in on Monday for my job offer. Any salary negation tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back