Archived Are there any sd's that buck the system ,is it possible for any to think outta the box or are they handcuffed by corp

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll save you some time.... just check out this SDs Twitter. He got a ton of recognition at fall national but only reason it works is his payroll. Back when you could search stores on MPM a couple months ago, I compared their store to stores in my group with similar sales and they were getting 500-800 more hours a week than us. It’s insane to see the different payroll in different regions/groups

he looks like a movie villain

I’ll save you some time.... just check out this SDs Twitter. He got a ton of recognition at fall national but only reason it works is his payroll. Back when you could search stores on MPM a couple months ago, I compared their store to stores in my group with similar sales and they were getting 500-800 more hours a week than us. It’s insane to see the different payroll in different regions/groups
I saw lots of outs on the milk wall

It also depends what dc your trucks come from and how many doubles they throw at you a week.
Ours is 3 doubles a week insane from a dc that doesn’t care and trucks average 2200.

Even worse than the ladderless backroom kool aid

If target would scrap the whole system of having payroll tied to individual stores for hours and do a test system on small format stores to see how many hours a dbo would need to complete all tasks assigned, I believe you would have full time workers and thus the dedicated part of the title would be correct. As long as a store is making a nice profit there should not be a problem with payroll. I work in a small format store that exceeds expectations but that is due to increased population. More people= more sales. Target would have a better insight into what is needed to perform all the tasks. Perhaps they could eliminate all the cashiers off the payroll total as bringing everyone up to a specified rate at one time seems to have failed. As the pay increases cut into the stores profit margin too much to gain any additional hours. Their system does not make sense, they will always close poor performing stores so why continue with system that just does not allocate enough hours to good performing stores.

As we see in this fine site ,modernization is a complete failure....perhaps some one can tell me who is the chief logistics executive in charge of our current shit,,,-storm . If you look up the executives this title seems to be missing. Mmm perhaps it is outsourced ...bezos..mcmillion...a crack-head...who knows but I can not believe this mess has gone on this long with out some one getting a golden parachute. So now I just think they are aware of the massive problems and this is so it's way of inflating stock prices only to take a major dive in the last quarter..it is the only thing that makes sense...stock manipulation. But as my title thread is Are there any SD's who buck the system?

Our previous SD moved to another distict. Im pretty sure they are trying to fight tooth and nail to prevent modernization to crush the store.

They were very logistics-focus, and understood that a store needs a good logisitics process. This particular SD makes sales, by overspending hours. It also helps that they have backbone (shocking, right?).

When they were at my store, our tiny backroom was mostly clean. Everything was organized, push, autos, backstock and truck. Every orientation, they were there to greet (huddles were common). This was during the time of my seasonal days, and the work culture in the store didn't suck.

Fastforward to today, our new SD follows what other SDs do. We're lucky to see them in the store, as they always seem to be on vacay every other week (shocking, right?). I rarely see them making sure the logistics process is right, connecting with the team and working with ETLs to solve problems before they become issues. To no surprise, the work culture tanked (whats a huddle?) and our backroom is a mess. Everyone is stressed, and are less inclined to help anyone else. Names need to be called to get anything done.

We're a mid-volume store with a truck everyday, its bad. Theres a catchup day every-so-often, but usually its on days of cut hours (🤣). We barely scrap by on truck, and autofills/one-to-ones just sit around on pallets in the back. There are no hours to succeed.

So the SD's who were thinking out of the box and tried somehow to alleviate the logistics problems are moving, quitting or being eliminated all for trying to solve problems at a store level. Not only are we losing great team leaders and members, we lose the management that was guiding it to succeed. The SD's who had a back-bone are the ones the corporation should have tried to listen to and retain. The district managers also. Target corporation does not seem to care. This small thinking policy never works anywhere as history has shown, it is akin to a dictatorship.

Because from our experience, it's irrational to support this company's direction. The new process isn't working. Supporting a process that doesn't work is irrational, is it not?

Just a simple exercise here: two months ago, many stores were having trouble actually completing their workload. There just wasn't enough payroll or employees to get things done, especially with the expectations stores are held to. Trucks were being rolled, price change was piling up, sets were behind, BRLA tanked, Audits weren't being done (both system and manual), etc.. This isn't an opinion, but an objective fact that is supported through metrics via Greenfield when looking at the RGD cards - all of the metrics were tanking compared to when we had dedicated teams for those tasks.

So what was the response to this? The solution that corporate came up with? Dropping manual CAFs to fill-to-capacity: One for Ones.

In what logical, rational way is that an appropriate response to the dilemma stores were facing? Auto completion was fairly poor across the board, indicating stores were having trouble even just completing their autofills. Manual CAFs that fill-to-capacity are, by their very purpose, always going to be larger than autofills. So the "solution" to stores not completing their workload was to increase their workload.

If anyone can tell me how that's rational, I'll bow to them.
The 1 for 1 has Not helped my department or our store as far as what I see and have heard from TM's.
It was already pretty off before the store audit last year. I thought the company coming in to do the store audit would have helped get inventory count under control, but It actually got worse after they came through. Then the whole debacle when the registers didn't recognize any barcodes. Three hours with 12 lanes of product out the door with no way to track what's leaving AND we were guessing the price if it wasn't listed on the product.😲. There's so much product sitting without a backroom location tied to it along with Product showing in the system that doesn't actually exist.
It's mind numbing how Target does nothing to get inventory in the back and on the floor under control.
When I do the 1 for 1 I literally am backstocking 75-95 percent of the crap I just spent an hour pulling. The amount that fits on the shelf is wrong and the actual shelf count is wrong, so of course the pulls are gonna be off. It's such a waste of time and the payroll it waste is just stupid. I don't know who determines the shelf count when a product is added to the shelf or display etc. but, if the shelf count was accurate from the start doesn't it make sense that it would replenish more accurately? And...if the TM's stocking the product wouldn't overstuff the shelves, but actually use their zebra's to check the amount required for that product and location. What a wonderful world it would be! Oh wait, that's right there's only 13 zebra's, so you just cram as many as you can cause you have no way of checking. Another reason inventory is a joke... No zebra means you just guess where a product goes. This makes my head hurt!!

Why specifically did he get recognition at the FMN event? I am tripped out by the continued use of Twitter by some stores' leadership. Out in my area the only one still posting anything new on Twitter is the HRBP. Every ETL, SD, and even the TLs that really want to get promoted, have stopped posting for a while now. Big shocker is the Style TLs and ETLs who were notorious for posting anything and everything on twitter have stopped cold in their tracks. It is really kind of scary 😱

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back