Archived Are there any sd's that buck the system ,is it possible for any to think outta the box or are they handcuffed by corp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great articles...Tessa 120. I believe target is doing a buyback of stocks to artificially increase the value of the stock and pay bonuses to executives because they know Q4 is going to tank and drive the stock plummeting. They already know modernization has failed but can't comment on it now or the stock would drop immediately and that would crush them before Q4. This way they make the large investors happy because they can sell off large shares at an unrealistic inflated stock price. It should all be illegal since it really is manipulation. It reminds me of the old shell game...keep an eye on both hands because you are going to be misdirected.

It depends on the direct executives right above the SD, especially the DTL. If they do not buy into the nonsense of corporate and does what works, it gives the SDs the ability to do what they need to do. Successful stores routinely do not follow the edicts but smaller stores, excluding express stores, with weaker leadership and oversight do for fear of reprisals. The ego of sales volume importance still reeks the premises

Where are you working that seasonals were reliable? We hired 40 for SFS last year and literally zero made it to Christmas.

Yeah, we had some walk, but most of them in years past did at least stay until they were let go. This year the problem is way worse than usual. New faces every time I come in, so few staying.

The negativity on here is astounding. Target is literally enjoying their best financial results in this century right now. Modernization works! If it isn't working for you or your store...then you're doing it wrong 😂
They are pulling 1.5 % comp on the use of their "omnichannel" efforts aka anything that involves a guest not actually shopping, walking, or lurking in a store with only 1.9% afforded that option. Target is still less than 1% relative to total online sales and no where near Amazon's 40%+ dominance. As for the EPS, with the $300+ million buyback before the last quarter and the multiple billion dollar buyback they will be doing shortly, the great "financial results" are a bit skewed.

If they are truly solvent and "killing it" they would paying off their debt load not doing buybacks. Any dividend stock and I do mean any dividend stock is doing well right now. Add a buyback of stock that has a dividend creates an inherent and calculated jump in value for the stock (I'll save you the math on that). Target is one of many flavors of the month as we speak and is trying to catch the attention of anyone who will listen

Last edited:
The negativity on here is astounding. Target is literally enjoying their best financial results in this century right now. Modernization works! If it isn't working for you or your store...then you're doing it wrong 😂

601923590560153601.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back