Archived ARTICLE-Thanks Boss! Wal-Mart Warms Stores, Allows Jeans, Nixes Celine Dion

Status
Not open for further replies.
What, the raise wasn't enough to "Lift their spirits?"

I sometimes wish we had music in our store. I know Citytarget does I wish regular Target did.

I sometimes wish we had music in our store. I know Citytarget does I wish regular Target did.

You really don't.
In order not to offend anyone corporate is going to put on the most vanilla music you can imagine and it will rotate so you will hear it over and over throughout the day.
You will reach a point where you know it's time to go on break because you've heard Kenny G for the fifth time.
Of course, you also want to put a bullet in your brain in order to not hear it again but that's beside the point.
One Christmas when I was working at the Big Box Book Store they had five Christmas CD's with three different versions of the rapey "It's Cold Outside" on rotation.
I had all kinds of new lyrics written for that by the time the season was over.

You really don't.
In order not to offend anyone corporate is going to put on the most vanilla music you can imagine and it will rotate so you will hear it over and over throughout the day.
You will reach a point where you know it's time to go on break because you've heard Kenny G for the fifth time.
Of course, you also want to put a bullet in your brain in order to not hear it again but that's beside the point.
One Christmas when I was working at the Big Box Book Store they had five Christmas CD's with three different versions of the rapey "It's Cold Outside" on rotation.
I had all kinds of new lyrics written for that by the time the season was over.

It doesn't necessarily have to be older, plain "vanilla" sounding music. The grocery store I work at for my other job plays mostly newer top 40 style music. Imagine Dragons, American Authors, Taylor Swift, etc. and it's updated pretty frequently (started hearing Bad Blood by Taylor Swift last week and afaik it just came out).

Of course I happen to know they pay a hefty fee for that music and knowing Target, that just won't happen.

And as for Christmas music...yeah that still gets old real quick (and they will play it from 11/01 until 12/31)

I would be pissed beyond all belief if Spot announced they were raising the in store temperature. We are a already set to "Hell," we don't need it any higher.

Lmfao! I just died! The area i work in seems to be set to hell. Or maybe it's because I'm Pregnant, who knows. But it sure makes flow hell for me!!!!

They just cranked our store up to "inferno".
Even more fun: We're part of a community program during which lights (& AC) are reduced during peak periods of the day.
Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be FIFOing in my freezer.

I would be so happy of we could wear jeans. But I'd be happier if we could wear black pants.

If you read the latest TM handbook, you will see you CAN wear any color pants. And any shade of red for your top.

You cannot wear jeans or leggings though.

Once when I was a newbie I had olivish colored khaki's and they told me we will let that slide this time but make sure it's khaki.

If you read the latest TM handbook, you will see you CAN wear any color pants. And any shade of red for your top.

You cannot wear jeans or leggings though.

Gtfoh! Really!? I need a screenshot please! Because if I did that, my bosses would be like NOPE.

I would love to be able to wear Khaki shorts in the summer. I walk to work so I'm already sweating like a dog in summer by the time I walk in the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back