Archived As a plano TL.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all. Quick rant.

I have an ETL HR who hears about something I did that may not even be true, then will email me about it using CAPS to make her point, while ccing all of the other ETLs. Not only does she assume things, but she throws me under the bus before I even tell her what is really going on. So now I have to make sure every leader knows it not true, because now they will assume something about me too. That is frustrating.

I have improved the plano team little by little since I have been promoted to it, and we have been consistently above the district and group in terms of TWT. Yeah there is maybe a day where we run out of time for SFQ, but the leadership still thinks lowly of plano, and I never get recognition. I am not complaining, but I could just use a little "hey nice job" or something..I have even brought up the importance of recognition and nothing has happened.

I get no support.

Plano is also stuck pulling, backstocking, and now working out the clearance for all transitions. And yea sometimes it is manageable, but a few extra hours for a dedicated puller would be amazing.

I am getting so frustrated about this job, and how petty everyone is around here. I have started to lose motivation, what do I do!

I Have talked to everyone possible and nothing is getting better. I used to be soooo passionate about target, now I walk in and it is hard to contain my frustration.

Hello all. Quick rant.

I have an ETL HR who hears about something I did that may not even be true, then will email me about it using CAPS to make her point, while ccing all of the other ETLs. Not only does she assume things, but she throws me under the bus before I even tell her what is really going on. So now I have to make sure every leader knows it not true, because now they will assume something about me too. That is frustrating.

I have improved the plano team little by little since I have been promoted to it, and we have been consistently above the district and group in terms of TWT. Yeah there is maybe a day where we run out of time for SFQ, but the leadership still thinks lowly of plano, and I never get recognition. I am not complaining, but I could just use a little "hey nice job" or something..I have even brought up the importance of recognition and nothing has happened.

I get no support.

Plano is also stuck pulling, backstocking, and now working out the clearance for all transitions. And yea sometimes it is manageable, but a few extra hours for a dedicated puller would be amazing.

I am getting so frustrated about this job, and how petty everyone is around here. I have started to lose motivation, what do I do!

I Have talked to everyone possible and nothing is getting better. I used to be soooo passionate about target, now I walk in and it is hard to contain my frustration.
Sounds like my store. I am a sales floor team for both softlines and hardlines. I have little time to spend on demerching the clearance. We used to have the nighttime zoners do this, but right now we have no zoners then. For the past few weeks I have spent most of my time in softlines, as we have had massive workloads there, plus lots of clearance to deal with. I really feel like hardlines is suffering. I am just really frustrated with payroll or a guess the lack of it.

Hello all. Quick rant.

I get no support.

Your situation sounds almost identical to mine. I transferred into my current store and took over a very broken Plano process and team. And we are always the first thrown under the bus for anything and everything that goes wrong in the store no matter how much we are forced to help out other workcenters. My team has come such a long way and I have had turnover like crazy and only have 2 of my original pog team members from when I first took over with a total of 5 pog team members now.

Our logistic and sales floor teams are both broken and we also have to re merch the clearance and sometimes have to pull and backstock while getting set on time pushed and SFQ's updated.

I have a really good partnership with my backroom team leader but because unload is not smooth yet the backroom team and herself are not always able to help pull because they have to help the flow process. Also in certain transitions where pog fills are massive we jump in to help pull so the product gets pushed before we leave.

Some weeks we are not successful some weeks we are. And it is beyond frustrating because most other leaders do not understand or have ever done what we do from the planning, setting, and follow up we have to do everyday while being part of the workload.

What I have learned is that when pressure is on we will always be the first ones to have fingers are pointed at. Even at my last store where the PTL there ran a solid process her pog team was always thrown under the bus.

What I am doing and suggest for you is to DOCUMENT DOCUMENT DOCUMENT!

On Mondays we have a transition meeting and recap past workload finish and unfinished, current week workload and upcoming workload . With the upcoming workload I get a commitment for what I am responsible to set what the sales floor teams are setting and any additional hours or issues with the adjacency calendar. Recap it in email and forward it to all leaders.

Midweek follow up with sales floor and their progress and yours for completion of the workload and change plans or ask for assistance if needed in email to your leader and STL.

End of the week send an email recap of everything that was set and any issues.

Never sacrifice your planning , audits and any follow ups with your team. It's hard not to get caught up in cleaning demerching and pushing but if HR or other leaders are constantly on you for your team's performance and execution then you must show that you are consistent in executing the leadership portion of or role.

Do both recognition of your teams's good work and coach/develop them when they mess up .

Don't give up you are not alone in your struggles and frustrations.

Last edited:
Hello all. Quick rant.

I get no support.

Honestly, my PPTL can be an epic bitch, and my entire store, STL to ETL down knows it, but I respect her and do not exactly know how she handles it all only to see the Paycheck she gets everyday (although she has been here AWHILE, enough to probably make Sr. TL money). The part that would hurt is if you were a new PPTL and seeing what a VML gets paid to do....

I think it would be NICE, to call it degrading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back