Archived As prep/ad set

Status
Not open for further replies.
This position is particularly frustrating. I have been owing it for 2 months now. I ad prep (which is a easy job) by sorting the signs. Them I go through the Sundays add and compare it via dpci list to see what we have. I normally have to print 50+ additional signs for hard lines.

Sunday morning, dark and early, I try to get the team enthusiastic. Lets hit hba, market, kitchen, house hounds, toys, infants and set one person to take care of electronics.

It never seems to fail though that we have to exceed the three hour limit... I keep getting newbies that have never worked the PDA.

Wile they are setting up signs I am auditing end caps - which holy wow why are the signs never there??? On one sales plan 3 signs were sent, but there were 10 missing. Write that down to my support ( which hardly helps).

So have the rest of hard lines team out by 830, and I start to print end cap signs ( printer jams constantly) and get them up by 11:30. This exceeds my time though. I can't figure out how to make it run more smoothly.

And don't get me started on soft lines, I was never trained yet am in charge of assisting them when managers don't schedule a consistent knowledgable person there.

How does your store do it, suggestions?

I so feel your pain

I too am in charge of ad prep. I so feel your pain. the signs have gotten better over the last few years. are you aware there is a batch of sings, on the sign and label pc? it is marked prep usually anywhere from 1-100 signs. however my print the incorrect schematic on them. it is in the regular sign batches not the urgent ones. my worst pain is like this week and 7 x 11 for picture frames. one 7 x 11 is 10% off an then I get 6 of 20% off also. We all know target brand, if the entire 4 ft section is not on sale, than you cannot use the 7 x 11. however, these two 7 x 11's represent the same 4' area. they have been doing that a lot lately. I mysupport and hopefully by the following Friday they have answered it. however, NOT, most of the time. I only do ad set once in a while, used to do it all the time for like 4 years straight. I have suggested that we train a core group just to prove to ourselves it can be done in the allotted time before you start throwing in all the variables, call offs, newbies, non working 6 am people, people who don't like doing ad set, so move as slow as they can, yes the cashiers that have no clue about a pda or the schematic and that there could be 6 planograms in an aisle etc......... we at least have one person come in at 4am and do nothing but scan signs in. if she gets done before her scheduled time out of usually 8 or 830,she then helps set up. but with the ads lately, it has been really rough going on prep and set. As I am cross trained I several other areas, and get pulled to help out and have to rush to get prep done, missing a lot sometimes. the last two weeks have been, not able to make the display signs in furniture and electronics, just to be able to cut time off. I would love to hear from anyone that this actually works. what do you do differently to make it work etc..... we usually have 8-10 people scheduled from 6-8. at that point they rush through since they all have other work centers to go to. I still would like to see the core group trained and able to make it work and then start tossing in the newbies and cashiers etc........ any help anyone has for us would be awesome. our end caps very rarely get audited properly. I used to do it Monday when I went in, but just don't have the time. I am sure we lose so many sales as a result of this. then all the not set signs, I cannot get pog to look thru and put up, so again, throughout the week, missing signs on the new salesplanners.

I too am in charge of ad prep. I so feel your pain. the signs have gotten better over the last few years. are you aware there is a batch of sings, on the sign and label pc? it is marked prep usually anywhere from 1-100 signs. however my print the incorrect schematic on them. it is in the regular sign batches not the urgent ones. my worst pain is like this week and 7 x 11 for picture frames. one 7 x 11 is 10% off an then I get 6 of 20% off also. We all know target brand, if the entire 4 ft section is not on sale, than you cannot use the 7 x 11. however, these two 7 x 11's represent the same 4' area. they have been doing that a lot lately. I mysupport and hopefully by the following Friday they have answered it. however, NOT, most of the time. I only do ad set once in a while, used to do it all the time for like 4 years straight. I have suggested that we train a core group just to prove to ourselves it can be done in the allotted time before you start throwing in all the variables, call offs, newbies, non working 6 am people, people who don't like doing ad set, so move as slow as they can, yes the cashiers that have no clue about a pda or the schematic and that there could be 6 planograms in an aisle etc......... we at least have one person come in at 4am and do nothing but scan signs in. if she gets done before her scheduled time out of usually 8 or 830,she then helps set up. but with the ads lately, it has been really rough going on prep and set. As I am cross trained I several other areas, and get pulled to help out and have to rush to get prep done, missing a lot sometimes. the last two weeks have been, not able to make the display signs in furniture and electronics, just to be able to cut time off. I would love to hear from anyone that this actually works. what do you do differently to make it work etc..... we usually have 8-10 people scheduled from 6-8. at that point they rush through since they all have other work centers to go to. I still would like to see the core group trained and able to make it work and then start tossing in the newbies and cashiers etc........ any help anyone has for us would be awesome. our end caps very rarely get audited properly. I used to do it Monday when I went in, but just don't have the time. I am sure we lose so many sales as a result of this. then all the not set signs, I cannot get pog to look thru and put up, so again, throughout the week, missing signs on the new salesplanners.

I thought best practice was to put them up then scan the aisle?

We used to scan them into a false check lane, but since fresh remodel accuracy is about 85%.

Have you noticed that the ads at the end of circular are pigs that don't exist in your store? Not even old or new pots.

Best practice is to set and scan. Ours were being scanned into the wrong aisle consistently due to (i forgot my glasses, i am usually not awake yet,i don't feel good, etc.....) so we have one person come in at 4am, on a regular ad and scan in so at 6 everyone can start setting when they get in. If a larger ad, I am usually in also to scan. Even though the paperwork calls for 24 set hours or more usually, we end up will 16-20. Then the ones we get are the opening cashier, opening food ave, pog team (finally) instock. Pog and instocks usually walk away at 8 to go to their other work stations. we as a rule set until 10 at least, cant add hours. last week with the 5000 sign ad set, they set until 1130 and never got any end cap audits done at all. I am very passionate about signing things properly. It will usually take me a little longer than most. Just because I don't want to loose the sale. I look at it from the consumer side as well as the store side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back