Archived Autofills?

Status
Not open for further replies.
can we by discontinue items? there are a few psp/ps2 related things i want to buy that we have in the back. I'll "accidentally" leave them behind a movie or something until break time

can we by discontinue items? there are a few psp/ps2 related things i want to buy that we have in the back. I'll "accidentally" leave them behind a movie or something until break time
Let your electronics tm/tl know that you want to buy that stuff. They will pull it or ask you to pull it & put it out on the floor to get later. If you told me this, I would say, let's do it right now.

^As long as it's been on the floor for 15 minutes, right? o_O I wouldn't "hide" them, either. :p

I asked my TL about selling guests discontinued items/movies, he said everything back there can be sold as long as it isn't a new release. Honestly I'd just put it out in the morning and buy it on my break -- or while on break ask a Elec Tm/Tl to pull it.

Autofills, scheduled CAFs, and Manual CAFs are all types of autofills. For the life of me I can't recall what CAF stands for, but I want to say it's something like computer/created automated/assisted fill...but they are both computer created, so...

The main difference is the triggers for their pull logic. Scheduled CAFs pull the least, something like waiting for 30% of capacity left on floor. Manual CAFs pull the most, something like 70% of capacity left on the floor. Autofills are somewhere in between, maybe something like 50% of capacity is left on the floor. That said, some items have such a low capacity that selling one or two will put it completely out of stock on the floor or well below the 30% of capacity left on the floor, so those items should pull regardless of the type of autofill.

Be wary when dropping manual CAFs if you have not been dropping them consistently. They will be big. But they will free up space in your stockroom.

Are you sure manual CAFs pull at higher triggers than Autofills? I thought they were the same and the only difference was it pulls a lot of NOP the very 1st time you drop them but after that there just a tool to make your Autofills smaller.

Are you sure manual CAFs pull at higher triggers than Autofills? I thought they were the same and the only difference was it pulls a lot of NOP the very 1st time you drop them but after that there just a tool to make your Autofills smaller.
FYI: NOP items don't come out on manuels. Something that has no location on the floor (not tied anywhere) will never come out even if you've flexed some and it sells. You'd have to manually subt it to get it out.
As far as the % that manuels fill at, I don't know the exact #, but yes it's more that the CAFs.

It depends on your definition of higher or lower. Where an auto fill might wait for an item to hit 50% left on floor, a manual CAF is usually around 70% left on floor. This is different for different departments since some areas have different triggers to begin with. But at the end of the day, a manual CAF will pull deeper/more than an autofill or a scheduled CAF.

FYI: NOP items don't come out on manuels. Something that has no location on the floor (not tied anywhere) will never come out even if you've flexed some and it sells. You'd have to manually subt it to get it out.
As far as the % that manuals fill at, I don't know the exact #, but yes it's more that the CAFs.
Sorry, but there's no way I can believe that. The first week we started pull segmentation, I dropped a manual SCTY and it filled up a whole cart and only 8 items were located and able to go out. Took an hour to pull, work and rebackstock that pull. Since then, I typically stick to pog fills to fill the floor. Works 100 times better IMO.

As far as the % that manuels fill at, I don't know the exact #, but yes it's more that the CAFs.

Yea this is not true, just like @LogisticsFox said. The system pulls from the accumulator of everything that sells. NOP definitely comes out on manual pulls, I have pulled them many of times. But POG pulls want pull NOP because it's not on that planogram.

It depends on your definition of higher or lower. Where an auto fill might wait for an item to hit 50% left on floor, a manual CAF is usually around 70% left on floor. This is different for different departments since some areas have different triggers to begin with. But at the end of the day, a manual CAF will pull deeper/more than an autofill or a scheduled CAF.

No I don't think that's the case, I'll pull it up on WB to see what all the trigger %'s are..

No I don't think that's the case, I'll pull it up on WB to see what all the trigger %'s are..
Autofill vs manual in my store, manual will be bigger every time. Manuals will still be big after an autofill. An autofill will be small to non existent after a manual.

Autofill vs manual in my store, manual will be bigger every time. Manuals will still be big after an autofill. An autofill will be small to non existent after a manual.

Correct, if you're doing manuals then of course your autofills will be smaller but this doesn't mean manual pulls are bigger than autofills. And when I'm referring to Autofills I'm not talking about the ones that drop every hour, those are CAFs and have a higher trigger % at 70 and manuals and autofills are at 30%.

A manual CAF is just an option to create a deeper depth to fill in between CAFs and after, and in turn it will reduce your autofill pull.

I know the difference between scheduled CAFs and autofills. I'm talking about autofills as well, either overnight or early morning ones. If you are sure they pull at the same triggers, then try dropping a manual after you finish the autofill for any fill group. See if you end up with another large pull. I guarantee that you will pull even more. According to your logic, a manual created after you just pulled an autofill should pull nothing since they pull at the same trigger point and you haven't sold anything. This is not how it actually works though. Also try dropping a manual the night before autofills drop and see if that fill group drops much of anything. The autofill will be much smaller if there is one.

A few weeks ago I dropped a manual for PHAR. it was two full two tiers. A normal autofill for PHAR at my store is at most one two tier.

I know the difference between scheduled CAFs and autofills. I'm talking about autofills as well, either overnight or early morning ones. If you are sure they pull at the same triggers, then try dropping a manual after you finish the autofill for any fill group. See if you end up with another large pull. I guarantee that you will pull even more. According to your logic, a manual created after you just pulled an autofill should pull nothing since they pull at the same trigger point and you haven't sold anything. This is not how it actually works though. Also try dropping a manual the night before autofills drop and see if that fill group drops much of anything. The autofill will be much smaller if there is one.

A few weeks ago I dropped a manual for PHAR. it was two full two tiers. A normal autofill for PHAR at my store is at most one two tier.

The only thing a manual would pull right after an autofill, assuming nothing has sold would be items that were backstocked after the autofills were pulled. The only thing that pulls extra from manual pulls is some NOP and no locs. I'm not just saying this, I know because I have done plenty of manual pulls. If you're saying it's not true, then try it out one day and show some pics proving your manual pull is still pulling items immediately after the autofills before anything else was backstocked... I would like to see it.

Then autofills and manuals work different in your store and mine.

If you're at an Ultra Low Volume store that has fewer CAF drops, then yes their trigger %'s are higher causing smaller CAF pulls and autofills.

We drop manuels every single morning after pulling the autofills for Pro1, Pro2 and MTCL and quite a bit pulls for them. We are a C volume, it's happening at 6:30 am and nothing was backstocked in between nor was anything sold. Oh and there is zero NOP items coming out on the manuels either even though there are a few of such items backstocked currently in Pro1 and 2. ASANTS apparently right?

We drop manuels every single morning after pulling the autofills for Pro1, Pro2 and MTCL and quite a bit pulls for them. We are a C volume, it's happening at 6:30 am and nothing was backstocked in between nor was anything sold. Oh and there is zero NOP items coming out on the manuels either even though there are a few of such items backstocked currently in Pro1 and 2. ASANTS apparently right?

I'm still not convinced, I would need to see proof of this. And I'm not saying manuals pulls all NOP out. It will only pull out NOP if it sold at one point before it was backsocked. You normally get a lot of NOP pulled out when you haven't pulled a manual CAF for that fill group in a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back