Archived Autofills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a way to reduce the autofills time? On weekdays we drop the autofills after the 3 o clock CAFS are done around 3:50. Typically we reduce the 3hour CAFS to 1hour by doing manuals for the designated 3 hour cafs ahead of time. I hear some stores are able to drop their autofills to 2hours ?? Or is it truck based and it wont matter if u decide to do a WORK AHEAD manual for instance for PAPR fillgroup it still shows autofill for paper would be more than the work ahead manual pull if u do the manual at 3 before the 3:50 autofill drop queue.

Key is to keep the floor full. The more product that is out filling the floor the less you will need to pull. Ideally you want to drop batches through the day to keep the floor full...

That is too much payroll being spent inefficiently from the sounds of it. The entire point in LOG right now is to touch the DPCI as little of times as possible to keep it filled, not to keep it topped of constantly.

My guess is that your store is doing too much filling of the floor. By doing manuals you are filling your floor full with your backroom, but the item could have replenished from the truck instead. Because you filled it, the item goes to backstock off the trailer just to be pulled in an autofill in the next few days again.

Your Store: Item Sells > You Pull from BR Right Away in Manual > Item Arrives on Truck > Backstock > Item Sells > Repeat
Ideal Situation: Item Sells > Do Nothing > Item Arrives on Truck > Fill > Backstock Minimal Extra > Item Sells

By doing it your way, it forces the autofills to be larger or manuals to be big since the product is making an extra pit stop to the BR.

That is too much payroll being spent inefficiently from the sounds of it. The entire point in LOG right now is to touch the DPCI as little of times as possible to keep it filled, not to keep it topped of constantly.

My guess is that your store is doing too much filling of the floor. By doing manuals you are filling your floor full with your backroom, but the item could have replenished from the truck instead. Because you filled it, the item goes to backstock off the trailer just to be pulled in an autofill in the next few days again.

Your Store: Item Sells > You Pull from BR Right Away in Manual > Item Arrives on Truck > Backstock > Item Sells > Repeat
Ideal Situation: Item Sells > Do Nothing > Item Arrives on Truck > Fill > Backstock Minimal Extra > Item Sells

My Former PA mind, is telling me this is a great way to created out-of-dates and the best way to drive Loss in market and therefore your store.

This is Target however, so best practice.

My Former PA mind, is telling me this is a great way to created out-of-dates and the best way to drive Loss in market and therefore your store.

This is Target however, so best practice.

Target best practice is to shoot manual cafs for food the night before food deliveries in order to combat this.

I just wish it as happening - off the truck to the floor.

We are seeing leave it empty for five days, find out it rolled off the truck three days ago got backstocked. Get box, it was opened not pushed but backstocked.

I just wish it as happening - off the truck to the floor.

We are seeing leave it empty for five days, find out it rolled off the truck three days ago got backstocked. Get box, it was opened not pushed but backstocked.

This is why Research in PFresh is JUST AS IMPORTANT as the SDA, if not more....

One perk to being a push-all store is nothing goes to backstock before being checked on the floor.

By doing it your way, it forces the autofills to be larger or manuals to be big since the product is making an extra pit stop to the BR.

This is what happens when you get a new group director that just can't let Viper go.

We are a C-Volume, 5 truck per week store, and over the past month our 1pm CAFs typically take 15 minutes, 3pms 60-75 minutes, autofills at 6am have a goal of 3-4 hours.

We don't touch any kind of manual fills anymore and the vast majority of our trucks are push. We had a 2100 piece truck yesterday, with around 300 backstock.

We are a C-Volume, 5 truck per week store, and over the past month our 1pm CAFs typically take 15 minutes, 3pms 60-75 minutes, autofills at 6am have a goal of 3-4 hours.

We don't touch any kind of manual fills anymore and the vast majority of our trucks are push. We had a 2100 piece truck yesterday, with around 300 backstock.

Exactly!!! You are touching everything less and just letting the system do its job. When you take 5-7 trailers a week, you should be seeing your high turning product on almost every trailer. Just fill it when it comes in!

Well what we been doing is Manuals (Expected Daily Sales) which are same items that will drop for the CAFS. We are pulling ahead of whats going to come out at 1pm cafs and 3pm cafs therefore dont have to really wait and accumulate massive hours to pull the CAFS at 1pm and 3pm. If you are not pulling ahead it can range from 3-5hours of caf time for the 3pm pulls. And also we are a push all store and the backstock we get from the truck has been minimum at best. So through the method of doing manuals during the day we are keeping the store filled. And by having the Autofills pulled, early after the cafs the flow team doesnt have to worry about pushing those out, they are focusing on the truck freight.

Again, I think the timing is weird. Pulling all the autofills at 4PM means you are capturing the items that sold from 4PM-Close the night before, and from Open to 4PM that day... and those batches are getting worked the next morning. That means your rush hour traffic from the first day isn't getting replenished from the Autofills, its getting replenished by the 1PM and 3PM CAFs the following day AND then you drop your autofills. While the truck is doing a better job of filling the floor, you are allowing your CAFs dayside to be the safety net, which would account for their size.

Your Autofills are also just unproductive at this point. You are going through at 3PM and pulling almost all your GM fillgroups once at a low trigger, then immediately going and pulling them all again at a more aggressive trigger.

Well the new plan is to pull autofills at 4am.. I don't know much about it but through this process we are no longer pulling manuals. Don't know how big the autofills will be when it drops at 4am? any store ultra volume store dropping their autofills differently?

Well the new plan is to pull autofills at 4am.. I don't know much about it but through this process we are no longer pulling manuals. Don't know how big the autofills will be when it drops at 4am? any store ultra volume store dropping their autofills differently?
That's exactly the way it should be. The truck should be acknowledged before the autofills drop so that more product goes straight to the floor instead of to the backroom.

Your autofills might be heavier initially, but they will get much smaller over the next few weeks.

Right, ideally you would acknowledge your trailer around 3:30am if you are a 4AM approved process. Most stores bring in their flow team then at 3:30 or 3:45 to start the unload and everyone else is 4 or 4:15. This means the last time you filled your floor was 1PM and 3PM from the prior sales date, so you let your floor empty out a bit on purpose. The CAFs are designed to just trigger for necessary fills (projected items that will be empty if you sell your average daily sales of them), so what IS on the truck shouldn't have much backstock since you didn't fill it.

At the end of the day, you may experience larger autofills, but the total trips your store is taking to keep its floor filled will be less. Your old process was literally multiplying the payroll you were spending, and can now be freed up to be spent on more productive things.

Is there a way to reduce the autofills time? On weekdays we drop the autofills after the 3 o clock CAFS are done around 3:50. Typically we reduce the 3hour CAFS to 1hour by doing manuals for the designated 3 hour cafs ahead of time. I hear some stores are able to drop their autofills to 2hours ?? Or is it truck based and it wont matter if u decide to do a WORK AHEAD manual for instance for PAPR fillgroup it still shows autofill for paper would be more than the work ahead manual pull if u do the manual at 3 before the 3:50 autofill drop queue.

shouldnt autofills be done when flow comes in? and CAFs happen sometimes after the store opens? like mid day? sounds like the 2 are too close together.

You have no idea how jealous I am of your CAF times. For my A+/AA Volume 8-9 truck per week store, our 1pm CAFs are usually around 1-2 hours, 3PM CAFs are somewhere between 4-8 hours (9 and 10 very rarely) and our 5PM's are 2-3 on the weekends.

But yeah, to echo what everyone else has been saying; Let the system do it's thing.

You have no idea how jealous I am of your CAF times. For my A+/AA Volume 8-9 truck per week store, our 1pm CAFs are usually around 1-2 hours, 3PM CAFs are somewhere between 4-8 hours (9 and 10 very rarely) and our 5PM's are 2-3 on the weekends.

But yeah, to echo what everyone else has been saying; Let the system do it's thing.
I don't know what the computer estimated times are for our daytime CAFs, because we don't bother checking them. That's just how long it takes 1 person to pull them. Surely your 1s don't actually take 2 hours to pull?

I don't know what the computer estimated times are for our daytime CAFs, because we don't bother checking them. That's just how long it takes 1 person to pull them. Surely your 1s don't actually take 2 hours to pull?

Those are projected times, but yeah there are times where it can take a full hour and a half to two hours to pull the one's. It usually depends on how many people we have pulling, since that seems to be a busy time for SPUs and Guest Pulls for us.

Well our store has been dropping the autofills around 1030pm. and then at least 3 people come in at 4am to pull. This is our first week trying it out and Sundays autofills were about 24hours and we only have 3 people pulling.. and we finished about 11am. and the line is filled with pulls with noone to push it out?? It was a mess the pulls stretched out into the main stockroom? Who are pushing these pulls out? Backroom tm?

Well our store has been dropping the autofills around 1030pm. and then at least 3 people come in at 4am to pull. This is our first week trying it out and Sundays autofills were about 24hours and we only have 3 people pulling.. and we finished about 11am. and the line is filled with pulls with noone to push it out?? It was a mess the pulls stretched out into the main stockroom? Who are pushing these pulls out? Backroom tm?
As was mentioned before, the autofills need to drop AFTER the trailer is acknowledged. I'm guessing you don't take a trailer on Sundays, but the rest of the week is going to be worse for the backroom due to the large autofills AND large amount of truck backstock.

Truck should be acknowledged around 3:40am, autofills should start dropping at 3:50am. It will take a few weeks for it to even out, but the autofills will get smaller if you do that.

I am in a high volume ST, and we commonly do 200-250K on a Saturday during slow times of the year. Our Sunday Autofills are never breaking 1000 at this point. We bring in 5 pullers (4 BRTMs + 1 TL) and can get the, pulled in under 2 hours. We then usually have 1-2 people running the pulls while we are pulling and then the backroom team jumps out and helps push the rest (1 stays back to clean up the stockroom and backstock behind us) and we usually finish around the 4-5 hour mark. Market works their own pulls (but backroom pulls them), but it only takes a few to get those done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back