Archived Autofills

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm at a high volume store and receive 8-9 trucks per week. Our AFs have been ridiculous (averages about 16 - 24 hrs). Our backroom is incredibly full and our floor's completely empty. At this point, I feel like the flow team's doing all the work and no one's filling the floor during the day. I thought this new Item Replenishment roll out would lessen AFs but now I just feel overwhelmed

I'm at a high volume store and receive 8-9 trucks per week. Our AFs have been ridiculous (averages about 16 - 24 hrs). Our backroom is incredibly full and our floor's completely empty. At this point, I feel like the flow team's doing all the work and no one's filling the floor during the day. I thought this new Item Replenishment roll out would lessen AFs but now I just feel overwhelmed

What happens when in stocks can't scan to fill. Cause the caf rounds don't pull crap during the day.

That is interesting, because we take about 7-8 RDC trucks a week and 6-7 FDC and its the opposite? Our Autofills during the week are usually about 500-700 and on weekends just get to around 1000...

Our Stockroom is full but its just because of TAT transition (both staged in receiving and all the SP crap that has been coming in). We do very little extra filling during the day (some scans of turn areas such as Paper, Chem, Bev, Furn, Pets etc) but that is only maybe once or twice before CAFs and once or twice after (depending on the day).

There's something going on in our store that I'm not understanding. It's almost like the new process isn't working at our store. There are times when our double truck days would produce 20+ hour AFs.. which literally does not make sense..

There's something going on in our store that I'm not understanding. It's almost like the new process isn't working at our store. There are times when our double truck days would produce 20+ hour AFs.. which literally does not make sense..

My guess is somebody is not doing something right. We all have the same exact system, and it works for plenty of stores. There are tons of things that could be causing this. What are the largest batches in your Autofills that cause them to be so big? Is it a consistent area? All of them are just much larger?

The largest are the core areas, mainly chemicals and paper. A lot of it goes out, but at the same time, a lot of it goes backstock. I'm positive our SFQ's are off for the most part. I just don't have a mydevice all the time to correct it, but whenever I did, they're wrong. We also have a lot of new TMs throughout the store and I notice that we haven't been pushing second locations so a lot of stuff that should go on the floor gets stuck in the back...

The largest are the core areas, mainly chemicals and paper. A lot of it goes out, but at the same time, a lot of it goes backstock. I'm positive our SFQ's are off for the most part. I just don't have a mydevice all the time to correct it, but whenever I did, they're wrong. We also have a lot of new TMs throughout the store and I notice that we haven't been pushing second locations so a lot of stuff that should go on the floor gets stuck in the back...

Location quantity and not hitting second locations will kill it.

We found some locations for paper were set at 1 others 132 per shelf with them having two shelves and a end cap. WTF? Of course it is going to pull pallets of paper. Chaos. Or soup that holds 12 SFQ - 124.

And Pog can't fix this when they set. In Stocks only shooting Rigs for the most part will when they stumble upon it. But it's another of those things no one has time to fix it.

Last edited:
Plano is to do a random checks when setting POGs for capacity. If they notice its totally out of whack we will send a team over to fix. It may be in-stocks or selected flow tm.

Location quantity and not hitting second locations will kill it.

We found some locations for paper were set at 1 others 132 per shelf with them having two shelves and a end cap. WTF? Of course it is going to pull pallets of paper. Chaos. Or soup that holds 12 SFQ - 124.

And Pog can't fix this when they set. In Stocks only shooting Rigs for the most part will when they stumble upon it. But it's another of those things no one has time to fix it.

I used to not care about having a mydevice because I generally know where things go, but this whole SFQ thing is killing me. Recently, I've been doing item checks for things I have too many casepacks off. I find myself correcting a lot of SFQs. One thing I can't figure out is how SFQ could be less than on hand. Based on my understanding, once it's pulled from the backroom, SFQ updates to max capacity...

Plano is to do a random checks when setting POGs for capacity. If they notice its totally out of whack we will send a team over to fix. It may be in-stocks or selected flow tm.

Well that's nice. Our store makes our POG team do it thoroughly. They used to be ahead. Now they're incredibly behind...

One thing I can't figure out is how SFQ could be less than on hand. Based on my understanding, once it's pulled from the backroom, SFQ updates to max capacity...
Let's say an item has a capacity of 5. The shelf is empty and we get a case of 10 on the truck. The SFQ is now 5. If Flow shoves out the whole case, it's still going to have an SFQ of 5. If 4 of those sell, the SFQ will now be 1, even though there are actually 6 on the floor.

The SFQ could also be messed up if the item is waiting to be backstocked, is flexed out somewhere but not tied, was pulled from the backroom using locu. There's probably a few more ways I'm forgetting too.

So, the only way for the system to "do it's thing" is to make sure the information that is put into is is accurate. So, capacity on the SF is 3, you see 2, you type 1, it pulls 2, making you PULL 2 and only fit 1...

So, if your autos are crazy, you need to make sure the truck is being acknowledged before you are having them drop, none of this drop at ten, acknowledge and work the truck at 4am the next morning business. (Also, why??)

acknowledge truck, drop autos, simultaneously unload truck and PULL autos, BR stages the pulls on the SF, flow team bowls simultaneously, flow team works freight, autos, repack carts and then sends the backstock to the backroom team.

Logisitics is not difficult to comprehend. Everyone has to be doing their piece correctly, though or it will make your life hell and in this day and age of Target, everyone has to be working productively, efficiently and accurately for everything to come together. Train your peers if you see mistakes and hold people accountable and you'll make it.

I would suggest getting a few extra hours in your instocks schedules to update sfq of your high turn areas (paper, chem, groc, etc.) so that your data is correct. On the same day, try to update some light duty in the back, do some ELRs and make sure you're clean on backstock and pulls in those fill groups. Then, pull the research batches, make sure your unload cadence is correct and you'll even out in no time.

Most importantly, come clean on truck push and backstock... This seems silly to say, but that is the key. If you're not finishing, figure out why. Figure out why your team isn't pushing fast enough, why there is too much work in the goal time, etc. and talk to your leader to get the resources you need. This day and age, it's hard for an STL to justify to a DTL why LOG is blown up when the empahsis is on filling the floor by doing LOG the proper way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back