Archived What happens to unpulled autofills/cafs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The past couple of days the 3 o'clock pulls have just been impossible to finish, yesterday they were 14 hours and today 9, with only one closer, and our dayside leaving at 3:30pm we just can't finish. Which honestly doesn't even matter much because hardlines can't seem to finish pushing what we can pull, when i left at 11pm there was still 4 flats and a tub of 3's to push.

But i always thought that the unfinished pulls would rollover, but apparently they don't? I know it hurts the backroom metrics, but what exactly happens or shows up on the report?

They'll just roll over. If there's only one of your and your cafs are that big then don't sweat it. It's on your management, not you.

What's real fun is when this happens during Q1 and they're giving everyone 3.5 hr chicken shit shifts ...I ask to stay until it's all done and they stare at me dumbfounded like I'm asking for the world

Know why they call it "quarter one"? Because your checks are about $0.25 LMAO

They roll over to the next time that fill group gets dropped into a batch, which might not be until the next day.
That used to be the case. I'm not quite so sure anymore. I've let some locations in paper "roll" into the 1s that I couldn't get to in the autofills, however, 1 rolls around and the pull is less than 5 DPCIs, none of which were what I left from the auto.

That used to be the case. I'm not quite so sure anymore. I've let some locations in paper "roll" into the 1s that I couldn't get to in the autofills, however, 1 rolls around and the pull is less than 5 DPCIs, none of which were what I left from the auto.
Unless the items came out of research, the system will still know those items need to be pulled. You have to pull an item in a batch in order for the SFQ to update.

As others have said its your managements fault and not yours. Communicate to them how big the 3s are and remind them you are alone(( they already know but I would remind them to cover yourself ) . They should send you some support help. At my store I have seen leaders in the building ie, stl, etl, tls etc will jump in and help if needed.

Yeah I was told that getting the 3's done on time is MY responsibility and I'll be in trouble if they're not done in time unless I let the LOD know ahead of time, then it becomes 100% their responsibility. So what I do is around 4pm I walkie them and let them know I won't be finishing in time without help. Most of the time they just say "Okay just do what you can"

I got made fun of by an LOD because I always go to the computer at 3 and print out the report that shows how big they are, but I told him It's for my own accountability and shows them how much is there! It's a huge help to print it out or at least look at it, that way you know which aisles are the biggest and can focus on the small ones first so it at least looks like you're getting them half done haha.

I don’t know if it’s the same across every department, but they definitely still roll over in the next pull for most departments. It’s happened in 2 stores near me recently, they were overwhelmed by trucks and decided not to pull auto/cafs and just focus on pushing. The next day, backroom lost their minds because the pull times were double or triple the norm.

Other tms caught up on their work cheerfully pitch in and help. Everyone learns something new about other departments, exchanges amusing gossip and goes home on time. Oh wait that was the old, unmodern, inefficient, ineffective procedure.
I'd mention coming clean but that might inadvertently wind up on the hive of villiany thread.

Other tms caught up on their work cheerfully pitch in and help. Everyone learns something new about other departments, exchanges amusing gossip and goes home on time. Oh wait that was the old, unmodern, inefficient, ineffective procedure.
I'd mention coming clean but that might inadvertently wind up on the hive of villiany thread.

Sorry helping in departments that aren't our own isn't guestcentric. Sure not getting the product out means less sales so we have less payroll, but what do you think we're running here? A retail store? Get out of here with that nonsense!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back