Archived Ava & Viv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious to see how the new plus-size collection is selling at your store. We are one of the top ten (I think, something like that) in the country for softlines and it just is not selling here.

Is the line bad?
I know I'm probably asking the wrong person @daninnj but Target always had a really crappy plus sized section (at least that's what my wife always said) and it seems like a good line of clothes would be a major step forward.
Sad if they aren't selling.

My store hasn't been selling much of that line either. I'll see a piece on our reshop every now and then, but not much is actually being purchased.

Can't say how it's selling, however I will say it doesn't look that much better then the old stuff (at lest imo). Big flower prints, crazy bright colors are not my thing though so it could be me.

Nope, it's not selling in my store either. I think that's probably because Ava Viv isn't keeping up with current fashion trends.

I follow Gabi Fresh on instagram and twitter and she and some other plus sized fashion bloggers like it and it looks so good on them! Buuuuut, the people who shop plus at my store aren't usually looking for color or bold prints. My mom has bought a couple things, though. The grey and black stuff is selling. But a lot of the other stuff we still have. The stuff the mannequin has worn has been cute on her, but the mannequin is... Kinda small and her shape isn't typical of any of the guests I've helped or seen in the fitting room so far.

I know my wife wasn't all that comfortable wearing bright colors all that often.
She felt that people were going to stare at her as it was, why draw attention to herself.

Plus when she was teaching she wanted to look professional, so she tended to go for more business looks.

I don't get why this is so hard. All you have to do is take the cute stuff from Xhil and Mossimo Red and retool it bigger. There ya go insta money. I don't want a flowery frock I want the cute shirt in junior's just a bit bigger so it will fit over my boobs!

Hey corperate if you read this take note, big girls want the same fashion as the small girls. Just retool it so it will fit.

The other brands had plus lines... And some still do but only on the website. My mom bought an online item Cherokee sweater the other day. I've gotten online returns that are the same as stuff in juniors (xhil and msc) but in plus sizes. I think that's tthe biggest problem. The website has everything and the store has 3 rows of plus clothes. But shopping a website for clothes is risky and a lot of people hate it. I just opened the app to make sure I wasn't spreading outdated info and they do still have plus of the juniors stuff on the website! They even have some of those graphic T's that hang on the wall like the st paddy I'm lucky one.

Still less stuff than the other departments, though.

*whispers* and we still don't have big and tall anything for men. My brother likes some stuff at tgt (like the joggers. Super "in" right now) but we don't have 3x in anything. Some of the old man jeans go up to 44 but none of the young stuff does.

I've recently started getting a decent amount of that brand in ship from store orders.

I can't say I feel it's flying off the racks at our store either. And realistically all I want is red and khaki I can buy at work. And some cute tank tops that aren't built from someone who is lumpier than a potato. Without spending a while paycheck for for items.

The stuff is the same sizing it always is. Built like a potato sack, so even at the smallest size which should fit me it's just like a tent. That won't let me breath. They need to learn to upsize without losing relative measurements.

Nah, I meant the size chart before they started using the x, 1x etc was different. And the smallest size is smaller than the old smallest size and the biggest size is smaller than the old biggest size. I'm not plus, but I noticed that. The Xs sometimes like like an xl.

I hear different things from the plus guests, though. Some want the same stuff that's in misses/juniors or whatever (which actually has a bunch of florals right now) but bigger. Some don't. That's how I formed my little opinion about the need for more variety lol. I hope I'm not eh offending anyone by making assumptions in this thread.

The Lilly P collection (next designer) actually includes plus. Gabi Fresh did some marketing images for that too. I love her so much lol

Nah, I meant the size chart before they started using the x, 1x etc was different. And the smallest size is smaller than the old smallest size and the biggest size is smaller than the old biggest size. I'm not plus, but I noticed that. The Xs sometimes like like an xl.

I hear different things from the plus guests, though. Some want the same stuff that's in misses/juniors or whatever (which actually has a bunch of florals right now) but bigger. Some don't. That's how I formed my little opinion about the need for more variety lol. I hope I'm not eh offending anyone by making assumptions in this thread.

The Lilly P collection (next designer) actually includes plus. Gabi Fresh did some marketing images for that too. I love her so much lol

But Lilly P's collection, iirc, was very floral. I think.

I don't get why this is so hard. All you have to do is take the cute stuff from Xhil and Mossimo Red and retool it bigger. There ya go insta money. I don't want a flowery frock I want the cute shirt in junior's just a bit bigger so it will fit over my boobs!

Hey corperate if you read this take note, big girls want the same fashion as the small girls. Just retool it so it will fit.

We used to have Xhil and Mossimo black for plus size. It was actually some of the more common runs made for the 1x to 4x sizing range. Crap just never sold. It's one of those situation where no one shops plus because no one makes anything nice for it, yet no one makes nice things for plus size because no one shops them.

But Lilly P's collection, iirc, was very floral. I think.

It is mostly floral lol. I thought I said that but I guess I forgot. I thought that was funny that everyone here hates florals and brights and everyone was like overjoyed on the fashion blogs that we had a designer doing plus. And that designer is famous for brights and florals...

I don't know how well it's selling but as a big girl I'm not feeling it. It's either too flowy or too boxy, and it's the same style of clothing I can get at Dot's or Debs but more expensive. I did appreciate them using actual fat women (with double chins and all!) in some of the promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back