Archived Back Up Cashiering

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should still hit the button. They SAY it'll give some more hours to the front when they're forecasting, but Idk. I just wish my stupid GSTL would get on a lane, grab some carts, or do something other than stand at the front doing nothing. It's not that hard to say "LOD.. can you watch the front, I need to hop on" or "I need go go get carts, I don't have a CA until 6 and I'm down to 20 carts" instead it is the rest of the stores problem.

Sounds like when my previous STL would say that using Smart Sort and actually working the re-shop worklists would get more hours for the sales floor team.

If it even affects front end hours, it would probably tell the system to allocate a greater percentage of hours to the front end, meaning the other teams would lose hours because Big Red doesn't actually add hours.

Sounds like when my previous STL would say that using Smart Sort and actually working the re-shop worklists would get more hours for the sales floor team.

If it even affects front end hours, it would probably tell the system to allocate a greater percentage of hours to the front end, meaning the other teams would lose hours because Big Red doesn't actually add hours.

Yeah that's probably what happens. But I'd rather be a little short on the sales floor and not have to run up front all day then be up there every 30 minutes. Most guests can be helped with a smile and direction to what they're looking for... which takes far less time than fast service.

I have absolutely no problem responding to backup when truly needed. However, at my store, the front end has become too comfortable simply calling for backup instead of utilizing the resources they already have. You're calling for backup when you have 3 GSAs and 1 GSTL standing around the same check lane with clipboards in their hands? Absolutely not. You're calling for backup and not properly speed weaving? No. There's a cart attendant loading bags at the check lanes when the store first opens and you're calling for backup? The cart attendant needs to be the first one jumping on, seeing as how he's the closest team member available and can alleviate the backup in 5-10 minutes tops.

I have absolutely no problem responding to backup when truly needed. However, at my store, the front end has become too comfortable simply calling for backup instead of utilizing the resources they already have. You're calling for backup when you have 3 GSAs and 1 GSTL standing around the same check lane with clipboards in their hands? Absolutely not. You're calling for backup and not properly speed weaving? No. There's a cart attendant loading bags at the check lanes when the store first opens and you're calling for backup? The cart attendant needs to be the first one jumping on, seeing as how he's the closest team member available and can alleviate the backup in 5-10 minutes tops.
Hey, why are you standing there. Then, give them the electronics key to cover electronics & call boxes.

My store doesn't usually schedule GSAs and GSTLs for the same shift. And some of my store's CAs are developmentally disabled and can't cashier/handle money. But Im fine with 1+3 or more in line, I do the best I can do. I can't make Spot adequately staff the store. But Spot better not get on me for our store being one of the lowest ranked stores in our group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back