Archived Backroom Accuracy!??!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there! So my store is having a difficult time with our backroom accuracy. I’m new and nervous that I’m adding to the problem! Today they audit an entire aisle of the backroom, then I pulled an ILR In that section and I’m affraid I messed up. It asked me to pull 2 of an item that was in a box of 16, so instead of opening up the box just for two, I told the device I wanted all 16. But then it asked me if I took all of the product in the location, to which I put yes. Was there an error created from that?? I’m just trying to figure out how I can help better our backroom accuracy. Thanks!

If I’m reading your statement correctly you pulled the entire case pack, which then no, you did not do anything wrong. It verified your pull because your batch or whatever it is you were working on only required 2 for the pull so you pulled more than what was needed so the system just wanted to be sure you wanted to take out more than what they told you to pull.

In situations like those you could have only pulled two out of the case and reprinted the BR label with the upc which could actually show what’s left in the case pack. OR after you pulled all 16, just back stock the remaining 14 into the appropriate Waco’s since I’m sure you did not need that many for your pull.

If I’m reading your statement correctly you pulled the entire case pack, which then no, you did not do anything wrong. It verified your pull because your batch or whatever it is you were working on only required 2 for the pull so you pulled more than what was needed so the system just wanted to be sure you wanted to take out more than what they told you to pull.

In situations like those you could have only pulled two out of the case and reprinted the BR label with the upc which could actually show what’s left in the case pack. OR after you pulled all 16, just back stock the remaining 14 into the appropriate Waco’s since I’m sure you did not need that many for your pull.

No it asked if they pulled it all for one of two reasons... either less than 16 were showing in the system as being in that location OR it was an item that is not STOd by quantity...

OP, either way you did not create an error in the system so long as you answered the yes/no question correctly which it seems like you did. You probably fixed an error if anything.

If it is a dpci that is sto’d by quantity, either someone put the incorrect quantity into the system when it was first sto’d or someone burned batches intentionally or unintentionally some time after that.

Additionally, it sounds as if there is a grouping issue with that location where it is grouped as open stock in the system but the store team is putting case stock there.

Given that the system didn’t know the entire case pack was STOd there, it’s best to challenge it to the floor anyways and not just backstock the rest immediately.

The poster above me is giving you semi good information but some bad information and there are multiple variables at play here.

Ultimately, OP, you did the right thing so long as no more of that DPCI are remaining in that location. You didn’t create an error so long as that’s true. It’s likely you fixed an error.

Last edited:
Ever since my devices started pulling there are dozens of boxes a day that ask for odd numbers. Safest bet is to do it like you did and type the full amount so the location does not have a ghost. The longer route is switching to the My Work app and seeing if the item has a quantity or just "some" if its some then it will ask you if you took all no matter what amount the device asked for.

Is there an easier way of moving a location of an item item in the backroom than scanning it out, entering quantity, then scanning it back in to a new location with same quantity? I know it's pretty simple right now but I feel like It would be quicker if there was some sort of move feature for this purpose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back