Archived Backroom Backups....

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys!

So at our store it's becoming VERY common for the backroom to need help finishing the caf pulls every hour. Right now it's to the point where were the closing Tean Lead counts on pulling the 5 and 6 O'clock pulls. Our backroom team leader is a brand new leader and works mainly 4 am shifts and not with the day side team. Any advice to help our store? I am starting to feel like I send half my day pulling and the other hand working pulls!

Does the sales floor team push the pulls? If not this is definitely the time of year they should be since there are more TMs on the floor.

My store has been scheduling 2 dayside BR TMs and that seems to help a lot. (Not today so much because of the massive amount of Flexibles but usually it works out well).

Edit: I'm at a low volume store. The high volume store I visited recently scheduled 3-4 backroom day TMs and sales floor TMs pushed the CAFs.

Sounds like you need a new back room team lead and new back room team members. My store is higher volume store do we have 3 openers 3 minds and a closer. And sales floor and in stocks pushed cafs

Your store may have a high amount of FF dropping. At my store, they are given priority over CAFs so having sales floor help is more common this time of year.

I'm at a high volume store. We have a lot of people employed overnight for Truck, Flow, POG, etc. The BR TL or ETL is scheduled 2 hours at earliest before the store opens. This gives the opportunity to partner up with O/N to determine what needs to done by dayside team. Push, Research, EXF, PC, Cleaning, etc. There is more that a BR-TL or ETL have to do that a TM doesn't do.

As for my backroom team, we prioritize CAFs and Flex side by side. The main workload of Research and POGs follows.

If CAFs are not easy for my team to pull, we get help from select salesfloor people. If we are all caught up with our workload, we push and help the salesfloor.

I'm at a high volume store. We have a lot of people employed overnight for Truck, Flow, POG, etc. The BR TL or ETL is scheduled 2 hours at earliest before the store opens. This gives the opportunity to partner up with O/N to determine what needs to done by dayside team. Push, Research, EXF, PC, Cleaning, etc. There is more that a BR-TL or ETL have to do that a TM doesn't do.

As for my backroom team, we prioritize CAFs and Flex side by side. The main workload of Research and POGs follows.

If CAFs are not easy for my team to pull, we get help from select salesfloor people. If we are all caught up with our workload, we push and help the salesfloor.[/QUO

What more does a back room team lead do that a back room team member doesn't do? Other than coaching and schedules they do pretty much the same thing.

hey guys!

So at our store it's becoming VERY common for the backroom to need help finishing the caf pulls every hour. Right now it's to the point where were the closing Tean Lead counts on pulling the 5 and 6 O'clock pulls. Our backroom team leader is a brand new leader and works mainly 4 am shifts and not with the day side team. Any advice to help our store? I am starting to feel like I send half my day pulling and the other hand working pulls!

Sounds like my store.

This isn't a 4th quarter problem. This has been a problem since May.

At my store, backroom is expected to Pull, Push, and Backstock overstock each hour and come clean before the next CAFs drop.
And pick FlexFills.
And pull items for guests.
And offer great guest service while pushing.
And take breaks & lunches at appropriate times.
And only use tubs & 3-tiers.
And........ It never gets done, surprise!

Last weekend our had a double truck, and hardlines had to help with cafs and push. We were able to finish all the push on Monday with Planos help.

hey guys!

I find in Market I can get my pulls done faster if I pull them myself. (Specifically Produce Room, Ambient Room, and Meat). I Parlor with the backroom saying that I will pull them if they pull my other pulls in our other stockroom first, so by the time I get up there after finishing the back 3 the front 3 are ready for me..

Not only does this help me, but it helps the BR get done quicker, and the Hardlines team get their pulls faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back