Archived Backroom Cookie Monster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was working in Market the other day and a guest asked me for a mallomar cookies(who do we only have these sometimes?) so I checked and saw that it said we had about 64 on hand and only a backroom location. So I go back to pull a box and notice there is only 1 box back there.(luckily the guest only wanted 1) Uh...where are the other 63 boxes...did we hire Cookie Monster as a new backroom TM or something?

I was working in Market the other day and a guest asked me for a mallomar cookies(who do we only have these sometimes?) so I checked and saw that it said we had about 64 on hand and only a backroom location. So I go back to pull a box and notice there is only 1 box back there.(luckily the guest only wanted 1) Uh...where are the other 63 boxes...did we hire Cookie Monster as a new backroom TM or something?

I don't know, I don't think he would be very "brand". All his "A time when..." answers would revolve around cookies.

Mallomars are seasonal.
They're only made in the fall.
Don't know about the location problem but it could be a vendor issue.

Maybe the person backstocking miskeyed it, although that seems unlikely since there are two numbers for the quantity when there only should have been one.

Computer systems are less than fool proof.

I know a guy who is retired US Navy.

A year or so ago, he didn't get his pension check.

When he called to find out why, he was told the computer said he was deceased...

It took him hours, over a period of several days to get that one worked out because if the computer says you're dead, then you must be dead.

Mallomars are seasonal.
They're only made in the fall.
Don't know about the location problem but it could be a vendor issue.
I once heard they were seasonal because of humidity in some climate regions of the country. Have you ever heard that? (It was when I was a kid, so you know how everything seems to have more inherent legitimacy when you're young.)

Also why are some on-hand counts in the negative? like ill look up blue scarves and it says 0 backroom locations and -2 on-hands

Also why are some on-hand counts in the negative? like ill look up blue scarves and it says 0 backroom locations and -2 on-hands

Because someone probably instocks zeroed out the onhands in research, then the item sold. This happens when items are not pushed correctly or flexed somewhere on purpose and not tied to the location they are at. When onhands go negative the system will not replenish for a couple of weeks because the system realizes that something is wrong.

Maybe the person backstocking miskeyed it, although that seems unlikely since there are two numbers for the quantity when there only should have been one.

The the quantity next to the location said 1 but there it said 64 onhand. I haven't checked yet to see if maybe they were on a pallet or cart or something.(maybe instocks or flow never got them located. I'll check on it tomorrow when I go in.

On a side not I never knew mallomars were a seasonal cookie(always thought it was odd they disappeared for a few months) until I looked it up after creating this topic. I think they only make them from September till March or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back