Archived Backroom help

Status
Not open for further replies.
How you drop manuals from the my device? Since they have taken that out of the pda now.

Wow news to me!! Pretty soon PDA altogether will be obsolete... Didn't know we can no longer drop manuals with it...

Scan an item click fill in small letters under the dpci it will show the fill group click that then it asks allbitem or ad item and boom your done

Scan an item click fill in small letters under the dpci it will show the fill group click that then it asks allbitem or ad item and boom your done
It has 5? different levels of fill now. And must be in none mode, not research etc.

I don't think it works anymore... Or not on all stuff at least. I've been trying to do it, in certain areas. Doesn't work. It did for a little while

Manuals are a time waster now. Most of the time I find its actually easier to just shoot exfs with a myDevice in the area that you need filled.

I don't think it works anymore... Or not on all stuff at least. I've been trying to do it, in certain areas. Doesn't work. It did for a little while

Like the scheduled CAFs and POG fills, it depends on the SFQs (similar to the accumulator of old). If the SFQs are screwed up, the items won't replenish properly. As @SFSFun suggested, drop an EXF instead; it gives you more control over what will be pulled so you only end up with product that you need.

Remember, while the tools are available, they should be used as an exception to the system. I have been making MAJOR changes to our routines and continue to do so. Its important to let the truck fill the floor in almost all circumstances, and to only fill if you HAVE to fill the empty spots. I much prefer the dayside team's look through my BR for junk pallets and bulk items (ie leftovers) that can be made into some sort of promo endcap as a single price point or to PTM areas that are breaking (or heck, even working transition out ahead of time to clear out the staging areas and stock the pallets where they are going to go) than drop and push manuals! Its not productive since they are likely filling an item that I am going to be touching again anyway on the truck.

Its not productive since they are likely filling an item that I am going to be touching again anyway on the truck.

What if it's a hot seller, though? If you run out on the floor during the day, why sit on the product in the backroom and hurt sales when you'll probably sell it before the next truck?

And don't forget about items with a limited shelf life. For perishables, it's much better to get the older product out of the backroom first.

What if it's a hot seller, though? If you run out on the floor during the day, why sit on the product in the backroom and hurt sales when you'll probably sell it before the next truck?
The new replenishment system is supposed to be smart enough to understand that, and the product will come out in the autofills and CAFs if it needs to.

The new replenishment system is supposed to be smart enough to understand that, and the product will come out in the autofills and CAFs if it needs to.
Haha hahahahahahahaha haha yeah works super well at my store. When is this new system going in place? Because I know what needs to be pulled at my store isn't pulling

Haha hahahahahahahaha haha yeah works super well at my store. When is this new system going in place? Because I know what needs to be pulled at my store isn't pulling
It honestly seems to be working at my store. As long as the SFQ is correct, the system should work. And if it isn't correct, then yes it will need to be researched at some point. But then it will be fine from that point on (until a human makes an error, which can't be predicted and is the reason why we have instocks).

In @mrknownothing's example, a hot selling item that we have located in the back shouldn't sit through CAFs because it's coming on the next truck. The system should recognize that it will sell out during the day and replenish automatically through the autofill and the CAFs.

It honestly seems to be working at my store. As long as the SFQ is correct, the system should work. And if it isn't correct, then yes it will need to be researched at some point. But then it will be fine from that point on (until a human makes an error, which can't be predicted and is the reason why we have instocks).

In @mrknownothing's example, a hot selling item that we have located in the back shouldn't sit through CAFs because it's coming on the next truck. The system should recognize that it will sell out during the day and replenish automatically through the autofill and the CAFs.

No, that shouldn't be an issue unless the SFQ and/or capacity are fucked up (and that's why we have the instocks team!). I'm talking about hot items that sell throughout the day and need to be replenished several times a day, i.e. the overnight autofill and scheduled CAF aren't enough to satisfy the demand.

Are the items being researched? Have they been pulled recently, then perhaps backstocked immediately (i.e. burning the batch)? If the SFQ and capacity are correct and everything is properly tied and located, submit a MySupport.

Last edited:
No, that shouldn't be an issue unless the SFQ and/or capacity are fucked up (and that's why we have the instocks team!). I'm talking about hot items that sell throughout the day and need to be replenished several times a day, i.e. the overnight autofill and scheduled CAF aren't enough to satisfy the demand.
Oh...yeah we're not busy enough to have that problem, but I can see what you mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back