Archived Backroom location frustration

Status
Not open for further replies.
So question how do the scores for Backroom work? Apparently ours is green however we get tons of unlocated crap everywhere. The other day they found stuff for domestics from the two day add this past holiday season. I also got several boxes of slippers today which I sold out of before Christmas. There's more stuff appearing everyday so how on earth is the Backroom 'green'?

Well only stuff that is actually scanned into a location can be scored. If a TM were to just place stuff into a location without even scanning it in then it doesn't do anything to the score. It will drive shortage sky high and cause countless on hand issues though. I found TONs of stuff in my dairy cooler that was unlocated. Not fun stuff that's for sure.

So question how do the scores for Backroom work? Apparently ours is green however we get tons of unlocated crap everywhere. The other day they found stuff for domestics from the two day add this past holiday season. I also got several boxes of slippers today which I sold out of before Christmas. There's more stuff appearing everyday so how on earth is the Backroom 'green'?

BRLA is pretty simple... if you are in a batch and you scan a location, and then scan everything in that location and you scan something that isn't located there then the system just found a BAFFLE... That is where a majority of errors will come from! If you do the same thing, but don't find what it wants to pull and you have to M-Delete, then you just found a ghost! The items you are finding probably aren't getting scored because they are sitting in locations far out of the way, probably locations your stockroom only uses during 4Q... My guess is top shelves or towards the back of aisles... if there is nothing ever located in that location, no batch would ever be able to go there to find the items, and therefore not do anything with the score! I would guess your particular backroom team is having troubles with faking out price change batches or POG batches from the sounds of the original cause of the issue!

They box way to much stuff as 2 day ad every year. We received 6 cases of 2 day ad product in the past week. We had 150+ errors last week and that is still good for green. If you consider the amount of product that you pull during a week a few hundred errors is a really small percentage.

Last edited:
LOCU the location before scanning in the daily backroom audit! PERFECT LOCATION ACCURACY!

Look at your team member location accuracy report. See what is going on with M-deletes. If you have a team member who is lazy and just deletes their way through a pull instead of actually double checking, then checking again I guarantee they are messing up your location. Also you need to really observe how team members are backstocking. I have seen people just stick stuff on shelves and not bother even trying to locate something.

Ah, the sound of salvage.
Well, to be fair I have been getting stuff from our DC with the old 2-day ad labels on them. So it is possible those items aren't old. Unlocated, but not necessarily old. We had a pretty massive sweep after Thanksgiving that sent back tons of the 2-day items we didn't sell. Now I am seeing them all over again.

Is locuing a location before doing the audit really improve the location accuracy??? Im thinking about doing this. If anyone knows please give me a heads up! Thanks

I would guess your particular backroom team is having troubles with faking out price change batches or POG batches from the sounds of the original cause of the issue!

I'll never understand why people have this fascination with faking out batches, and why would one want to fake out Price Changes? I don't understand why people would rather see the merchandise sit in the backroom as opposed to going out the door. Half the time, fellow BRTMs have admitted to faking out SL batches because they don't like pushing that part of the store. Is it really that hard to ask the SLTMs for help if you cannot find particular tables and whatnot?

I will be honest and say when I use to work at Target, I use to fake some batches, BUT that was only if I knew that we had an ample amount on the floor. Say we were stocked up on Cheerios out in G20. Then I go to the batch of GRC2 and it tells me to scan some location, and in that location it says pull a box of 14 boxes of Cheerios. Now whats the point of putting that on a red if we are fully stocked. My ETL-LOG had this one rule that we stopped following after day one, because it was illogical. Basically along the lines of "Even if the location is full on the floor, still pull it and put it on a red", yea right, next it would have been set the line in 3 minutes (which we had as a running joke between a few of my BR TM's)

I will be honest and say when I use to work at Target, I use to fake some batches, BUT that was only if I knew that we had an ample amount on the floor. Say we were stocked up on Cheerios out in G20. Then I go to the batch of GRC2 and it tells me to scan some location, and in that location it says pull a box of 14 boxes of Cheerios. Now whats the point of putting that on a red if we are fully stocked. My ETL-LOG had this one rule that we stopped following after day one, because it was illogical. Basically along the lines of "Even if the location is full on the floor, still pull it and put it on a red", yea right, next it would have been set the line in 3 minutes (which we had as a running joke between a few of my BR TM's)

I see the logic in this as it makes sense. I find that when in NOP, if you get a D-own to a No Locs (1) 1-1-1 type of location, this tends to also cause excessive pulls for full "legitimate" floor locations. The No Locs locations are BS and cause wasting of time.

Of course, what kills me about ETLs and the STL cracking down on fake pulls, which is a legitimate issue, are the fake endcaps that the ETLs tie POGs to, so they can clear them out of the system. Typically it will be a back endcap that's one of those blank pieces of sheetmetal, because there's no room to put the "t-wall" of the gondola there. Our ETLs have even created a fake endcap in the corner where the highest A and G aisles intersect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back