Archived Backroom newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. I have just started working for Spot for close to 3 months now and I have a few questions concerning my trial period and other extraneous inquiries.

1. How does my 90 days trial work? Does it include work AND off days or just the days that I'm in? Also will I get a review? I've asked my TL and he said I was already accepted full-time even though I still have weeks until my trial ends. A co-worker from Hardlines said he got his review and that it depends on the TL/ETL on whether or not they'll give me one.

2. Being a BRTM, I have many different types of pulls like CAFs, Research, POGs, EXFs, ect. and my question is which are timed? I know CAFs are but unsure of anything else. Certainly don't want be casual if a pull is actually timed. And will it bounce back at me if I exceed the time goal?

3. Apparently there is some sort of 'war' in my store between the dayside team and overnight team; ranging from leaving backstock flats everywhere to hiding freezer jackets/gloves to depleting WAVE/Crown battery life. I wonder if this is the norm for other stores?

4. I noticed how a few TMs of the BR are always assigned roles like 'Pull/Backstock/Flow' while the rest are usually just 'Flow.' The formers are the veterans who have been around for at least 3 years. One particular TM is a veteran but always gets 'Flow' while I, still on my trial, usually gets 'Pull/Flow.' How does it work? Do you get a particular role only if you're good at it? I assume that is the case since the rest of the crew are under 3 years and always gets 'Flow.'

5. How should I go about informing my TL about a nagging wrist pain? My left wrist began to strain about two weeks ago but I haven't said anything in case I might jeopardize my trial period. Should I just suck it up or let them know? So far it isn't severe enough to affect my performance but it has been a bit more difficult to get things done compared to when I was fine.

All I can think of for now. Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me. :)

Last edited:
1. How does my 90 days trial work? Does it include work AND off days or just the days that I'm in? Also will I get a review? I've asked my TL and he said I was already accepted full-time even though I still have weeks until my trial ends. A co-worker from Hardlines said he got his review and that it depends on the TL/ETL on whether or not they'll give me one.

It's 90 calender days after being hired. I think they give reviews but I never got one this time around.

2. Being a BRTM, I have many different types of pulls like CAFs, Research, POGs, EXFs, ect. and my question is which are timed? I know CAFs are but unsure of anything else. Certainly don't want be casual if a pull is actually timed. And will it bounce back at me if I exceed the time goal?

CAFs, research, and flex fulfillment orders are timed and yes, you can be dinged for not hitting the goal.

3. Apparently there is some sort of 'war' in my store between the dayside team and overnight team; ranging from leaving backstock flats everywhere to hiding freezer jackets/gloves to depleting WAVE/Crown battery life. I wonder if this is the norm for other stores?

Yes and no. There's always some amount of animosity between different shifts. This stems primarily from lack of communication between the teams. One shift sees something not done and assumes the other slacked off. And FFS, if you see the equipment batteries are low, just plug the damn things in. Don't be a dick.

4. I noticed how a few TMs of the BR are always assigned roles like 'Pull/Backstock/Flow' while the rest are usually just 'Flow.' The formers are the veterans who have been around for at least 3 years. One particular TM is a veteran but always gets 'Flow' while I, still on my trial, usually gets 'Pull/Flow.' How does it work? Do you get a particular role only if you're good at it? I assume that is the case since the rest of the crew are under 3 years and always gets 'Flow.'

Newbies tend to get areas that are easier or require less attention. It's all up to the TLs and ETLs how to divide it up.

5. How should I go about informing my TL about a nagging wrist pain? My left wrist began to strain about two weeks ago but I haven't said anything in case I might jeopardize my trial period. Should I just suck it up or let them know? So far it isn't severe enough to affect my performance but it has been a bit more difficult to get things done compared to when I was fine.

Best thing I can think of is maybe try wearing a wrist brace for a few days to see if the pain goes away. Your TL will likely notice and inquire about your well being.

Thank you. One more question: Will I be penalized if I call in saying I would be an hour late? Won't be using any BS excuses just that my alarm failed to go off.

Thank you. One more question: Will I be penalized if I call in saying I would be an hour late? Won't be using any BS excuses just that my alarm failed to go off.

They'll remember but if you don't make a habit out of it (like it only happens once) you'll be all right.

This happens at our store with Early Morning and Dayside. Morning guys are pranksters. They like to do stuff like put the Wave in push mode and shove it up against a wall or in other hard to reach places and throw stinkbombs in the freezer when they "forget" to backstock FDC. They've also purposely backstocked vehicles of SUBT999 normally so that when the 12s come around and they are gone for the day, all that product asks to be pulled.

I don't think I've ever purposely left anything or done anything to the Morning TMs... just seethe quietly to myself that I have to work with such ingrates.

Holy cow, if I were a BR TM and there were folks who were purposefully causing extra work for me, I would pitch a fit. Good matured fun is all good and well, but you start wasting my time and I will be out for your blood.

This happens at our store with Early Morning and Dayside. Morning guys are pranksters. They like to do stuff like put the Wave in push mode and shove it up against a wall or in other hard to reach places and throw stinkbombs in the freezer when they "forget" to backstock FDC. They've also purposely backstocked vehicles of SUBT999 normally so that when the 12s come around and they are gone for the day, all that product asks to be pulled.

I don't think I've ever purposely left anything or done anything to the Morning TMs... just seethe quietly to myself that I have to work with such ingrates.

Wowzers. Luckily for me, everyone on the dayside gets along very will with each other and have amazing chemistry. Too bad the same can't be said for us with the overnighters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back