Archived Backroom prep?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaitii

yeah
So I was just approached by an ETL and she mentioned something about inventory for the floor and backroom and said that since I like being pushed out of my comfort zone (LOL????) if I would be interested in learning backroom prep

My thoughts immediately were "it's not cashier iM IN" and so she said she'll schedule me for it to teach me.

What did I get into what's backroom prep I know what backroom is but how different is this and what times are they during? Secretly praying for overnight since she mentioned inventory and I usually see those for night

So I was just approached by an ETL and she mentioned something about inventory for the floor and backroom and said that since I like being pushed out of my comfort zone (LOL????) if I would be interested in learning backroom prep

My thoughts immediately were "it's not cashier iM IN" and so she said she'll schedule me for it to teach me.

What did I get into what's backroom prep I know what backroom is but how different is this and what times are they during? Secretly praying for overnight since she mentioned inventory and I usually see those for night
Nah it's not bad. I did inventory last year. You just go through the WACO/BR locations and turn products barcode out so it's easier for the outside company to scan. I rubberbanded multiples of the same item together. Gotta take individual items in boxes or packages out to not confuse the inventory company too lol. You might be shown how to pull an item and backstock to keep it 4-5 DCPI's per location/WACO. I was scheduled at 7am til about 4pm, and the people with you are in the backroom all day. I had my earbuds in. It is pretty monotonous. We took our breaks together. The actual inventory day is done overnight. I worked 9:45pm-6am. It's not bad at all lol. I hope I get scheduled this year

Edit: You also have to mark on boxes the number of products inside and circle it. You also get these "_ Deep" stickers to indicate when more than one box of the same DCPI is there. Like "4 Deep" for 4 boxes of shampoo or something

Last edited:
Sounds more interesting than the sales floor prep. All you do on the sales floor is superzone and make sure every item has a barcode. And I was still expected to respond to back-up cash because dunce ETLs.

If I was doing was doing backroom prep I'll would spend too much time pulling out date! I can't stop myself from checking dates on mdse.

You can do that in market sections of food. As long as you can keep moving no one will be mad. I pulled a lot of garbage last year.

If I was doing was doing backroom prep I'll would spend too much time pulling out date! I can't stop myself from checking dates on mdse.
We were assigned aisles to work on. It was 2 of us per aisle lol. I don't think I prepped the market aisles. I did an HBA aisle, a stationary aisle, then I moved upstairs and did home and appliances. I almost had to prep the freezer. One of my HL TL's did that lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back