Archived Backroom/Pulling/Backstock Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to start working in the backroom for softlines (nontruck mid) sometime soon and i got questions about the pda.

How do you do backstock on the PDA? I remember you have to type in STO (i think) but forgot what to do.

What is the regular routine other than gobacks and zoning/covering FR breaks? You get in the morning, do the pulls with the pda then what? I was told there's a research thing with the mydevice and on the PDA (research batch?) but idk

Thanks

You'll have to ask someone at your store what they specifically want you to do, because softlines shouldn't really be working in the backroom.

Edit: If your store is doing the end-to-end team pilot, then you need to ask how to do tasks that you don't know how to do. Don't fake it and hope for the best.

I won't be working a lot in the backroom, just doing the pulls with the PDA on nontruck days. And backstock if there's a need for it. Oops I should have clarified that bit.

Also yes I'm pretty sure we are. I wasn't sure what it was xalled but now that i know i'll be backreading the threads about it

To backstock type STO.
look at fill group and look to see if it is already located in a waco. If has a location add the item to it by scanning the waco bar code if prompted enter quanity. If no location find an empty waco or one that items that are different from the item you have. Scan waco and if prompted enter quantity. Not all of SL will ask for a quanity.
If you are pulling in softlines and the question 'Did you pull all' its wanting to know whether or not there is still product in the waco. If it asks for 2 and there is 10 you would answer 'no'

Somebody should have thoroughly trained you on the basics.
Exactly.

We could definitely walk you through most things by posting here, but this process is so new and every store does things a little differently, so you would get the most benefit by asking fellow TMs and leaders at your store.

I was trained for a couple of hours a few days ago but thats it and i'm expected to start next week. Person who trained me just showed me how to do pulls and thats it since she was busy doing other projects. I was told how to backstock but i already forgot since i didn't do it myself and that's how i learn better.

Thoroughly trained? What's that? I basically learned softlines and cashier by trial and error. But yeah i'll probably take this week and ask my TMs because i don't want to be lost. (TL didn't even tell me i would be moved to a new position in SL, i found out this week by looking at the new schedule) :/

I will also have to do RIGs and Research Batches. I wonder, is there a Time limit for that? Like, are they supposed to be done before the 1PM pull? Or it doesn't matter as long as I have it done by the end of my shift? I've asked two different people and they've told me different things...I will ask BRTL tomorrow but I wanted to ask here first since everyone is so helpful here.

I always heard an unofficial time of either 11am or 1pm for RIGs. As BR we tried pulling the research/IS batches about 20-30 minutes before the scanner is done (30-50 RIGs remaining). You'll want them done by 1, since they'll likely just roll into the 1pm CAFs. At my store some days the LOD wouldn't mind research in CAFs, other days it was a big fight. Look, it all has to get to the floor somehow. So get over it and push!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back