Archived BAckroom /sweeps team members

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember doing sweeps at the dc. Basically if it couldn't be traced as to why it was there, or required even the smallest amount of extra work, find that placard that says "please take to store..."

Wash my hands of it. On my way.

Seriously, that's all it was for us. I didn't care how the trailer was loaded. We always found a way to get it all out and put it somewhere. Goal was to unload 1 trailer per hour. So cruise through about 8 in the first 4 hours, and spend the next 8 hours taking our time.

A lot of times we would spend HOURS sorting rubber bands. One by one. I can imagine someone throwing all those tangled up bands in a box thinking we would be upset going through it. Quite the opposite. I'd go to the air conditioned clerical office, grab a chair, some snacks, and sort away for $25/hr

I remember doing sweeps at the dc. Basically if it couldn't be traced as to why it was there, or required even the smallest amount of extra work, find that placard that says "please take to store..."

Wash my hands of it. On my way.

Seriously, that's all it was for us. I didn't care how the trailer was loaded. We always found a way to get it all out and put it somewhere. Goal was to unload 1 trailer per hour. So cruise through about 8 in the first 4 hours, and spend the next 8 hours taking our time.

A lot of times we would spend HOURS sorting rubber bands. One by one. I can imagine someone throwing all those tangled up bands in a box thinking we would be upset going through it. Quite the opposite. I'd go to the air conditioned clerical office, grab a chair, some snacks, and sort away for $25/hr
While we currently don’t practice to return the store policy as much is we sure it will be increasing in frequency shortly especially for repeat offenders only downside is I could keep a non-con sorter busy in outbound all night while we currently don’t practice to return the store policy as much is we sure it will be increasing in frequency shortly especially for repeat offenders only downside is I could keep a non-con sorter busy in the back of the Wayne Just dropping off pallets from sweets to go back to the store because of the amount of incorrect items for non-sorted items we get back

While we currently don’t practice to return the store policy as much is we sure it will be increasing in frequency shortly especially for repeat offenders only downside is I could keep a non-con sorter busy in outbound all night while we currently don’t practice to return the store policy as much is we sure it will be increasing in frequency shortly especially for repeat offenders only downside is I could keep a non-con sorter busy in the back of the Wayne Just dropping off pallets from sweets to go back to the store because of the amount of incorrect items for non-sorted items we get back
It was satisfying to just look at it and say, "nope. Not today Satan"

Another story. A store sent back a giant fridge from the cafe thing I assume. Not taken apart, not drained of liquids/gasses. This fucker was like 10ft long, 8ft high, and 3ft deep. It was topped onto a bale when I opened the door. I poked it with the forklift a couple times - no movement. Got frustrated, got some speed and gave her hell. Punctured the Freon lines, and it started spewing everywhere. The trailer pretty much became a cloud. I came back to that trailer later. Got it out and shoved it into a recycling trailer.

The trick to working in the dc is to never get mad. That place was just a playhouse with heavy equipment.

I swear some of the ppl reading this are serviced by my dc Bc the junk being sent back has gotten worse

I swear some of the ppl reading this are serviced by my dc Bc the junk being sent back has gotten worse
Send it back, even worse. Wash your hands of it. Don't think about it too much.

DC question. Do I need to separate pallets (blonds/plains vs. cheps) or am I wasting my time?

We’re told to trust the PDA and not override to destroy no matter how obvious. Today I loaded a salvage box that was CLEARLY broken glass. It’s nonsense they want us to send as salvage so someone else can agree it’s shattered glass. Granted the GSTM should pitch the glass and save the box but still.

Wet bales? It’s Q4 those things go outside.

DC question. Do I need to separate pallets (blonds/plains vs. cheps) or am I wasting my time?

We’re told to trust the PDA and not override to destroy no matter how obvious. Today I loaded a salvage box that was CLEARLY broken glass. It’s nonsense they want us to send as salvage so someone else can agree it’s shattered glass. Granted the GSTM should pitch the glass and save the box but still.

I'm only talking from my experiences when I worked at the DC, these are my preferences - I no longer work there.

No need to separate pallets. We don't do it, a third party vendor does. We just unload and wait for warehousing to pick it up.

Salvage, didn't matter to me. I didn't touch it. Goes out of one trailer into another, nothing else. Might be nonsense to you looking at it, but I didn't care - since I didn't even look at what was inside the plastic wrap.

Bale would probably be dry by the time I unloaded it, again, don't care. Sometimes they had snow, and sometimes they were soaked. Didn't care. Again, take out of one trailer, remove pallet, put in another trailer.

Now, if you don't put enough bale wire on the bale, I want to stab you in the eye with a shard of the broken pallet.

I'm only talking from my experiences when I worked at the DC, these are my preferences - I no longer work there.

No need to separate pallets. We don't do it, a third party vendor does. We just unload and wait for warehousing to pick it up.

Salvage, didn't matter to me. I didn't touch it. Goes out of one trailer into another, nothing else. Might be nonsense to you looking at it, but I didn't care - since I didn't even look at what was inside the plastic wrap.

Bale would probably be dry by the time I unloaded it, again, don't care. Sometimes they had snow, and sometimes they were soaked. Didn't care. Again, take out of one trailer, remove pallet, put in another trailer.

Now, if you don't put enough bale wire on the bale, I want to stab you in the eye with a shard of the broken pallet.

Thanks! Good info. I always use 5 wires. Max bales get 7-8. Snapped wires can cut people and are dangerous much less being a huge mess

We send back the bails regardless, broken glass on salvage (we don’t sort through it we unload and load onto salvage truck to be sent to salvage center and no need to sort the pallets we have an outside contractor in the building that does that and repairs the pallets also we just put them on a trailer and send it to their door on the dock

Send it back, even worse. Wash your hands of it. Don't think about it too much.
Wish I could but my “project “ for my om grooming process is to make sweeps more efficent and find ways to address the issues we incur that slow ya down or cause problems

We've been cleaning out our storage container and getting rid of more extra junk than usual... The BRTL brought in a pallet of brand new shelves still in boxes, slapped some metal recycling stickers on it and sent it back like that. Lots of other random fixtures and broken metal shit has been getting tossed on as well.

We've been cleaning out our storage container and getting rid of more extra junk than usual... The BRTL brought in a pallet of brand new shelves still in boxes, slapped some metal recycling stickers on it and sent it back like that. Lots of other random fixtures and broken metal shit has been getting tossed on as well.
You along with 100 other stores I’m scratching my head at the brand new shelving and fixtures coming in still in cardboard for recycling and the metal recycling will refuse it if it’s still in cardboard

You along with 100 other stores I’m scratching my head at the brand new shelving and fixtures coming in still in cardboard for recycling and the metal recycling will refuse it if it’s still in cardboard
Those shelves...

If I had a nickle for every time a pallet of shelves came back held together with only two rubber bands...

I try to wrap every pallet unless it’s solid as a rock. What about sorting repacks? It’s easy but it’d be nice to send repacks back before having a full pallet of each.

I try to wrap every pallet unless it’s solid as a rock. What about sorting repacks? It’s easy but it’d be nice to send repacks back before having a full pallet of each.

It would be nice if the broken down boxes were out together with like colored boxes. Not necessarily a whole pallets worth.

We send back the bails regardless, broken glass on salvage (we don’t sort through it we unload and load onto salvage truck to be sent to salvage center and no need to sort the pallets we have an outside contractor in the building that does that and repairs the pallets also we just put them on a trailer and send it to their door on the dock

“Repairs”. Literally half of the “good wood” is crap pallets.

Last edited:
Well our pallet of brand new shelves was the really deep shelves that we use almost nowhere. No one ordered them, but they just showed up randomly before the last reset in pets.

It would be cool if Target didn't waste everyone's time by sending us useless shit that just takes up space.

One of these days I bet either the flow TL or BRTL is going to try and send back some of our 10 pallets of pushers that haven't been touched in a year.

They are suppose to come back full pallet , Red re pack 7 to pallet black 5 to pallet green 7to pallet capped with a red box , and m&m 8 to a pallet .

At first, it boggled my mind how stores could have PALLETS of unidentified random junk lying around, and then I went to another store and realized that some stores have SO much unused space that is filled with random stuff. At my store, we're so cramped, everything is identified and needed otherwise it gets ditched.

At first, it boggled my mind how stores could have PALLETS of unidentified random junk lying around, and then I went to another store and realized that some stores have SO much unused space that is filled with random stuff. At my store, we're so cramped, everything is identified and needed otherwise it gets ditched.
I’ve been promised a trip along with my senior to go to a couple of stores to view their backroom and better understand their side of the process and help implement changes to make things smoother

At my store, every single aisle is completely jammed packed with product. At other stores, they don't even use the top shelves of their aisles or steel because they don't need it. *cries*

The amount of times I’ve heard “Fuck toys” this past couple weeks is insane lol. But damn backstocking toys is so damn annoying. It’s like a never ending stock.

I’ve been promised a trip along with my senior to go to a couple of stores to view their backroom and better understand their side of the process and help implement changes to make things smoother
Be honest. This is highly unnecessary. At a team member point of view, the stores and a dc are simple processes when it comes to sweeps. There are protocols and standards for sending things back, and the same with dealing with them. On the dc end in sweeps, either it comes back they way it should be...or send it back. I don't care what their store looks like, back room, front end, or anything in between. From my replies on the subject, don't confuse my work ethic with doing my job wrong while I was there. There is a difference between doing my job, and going above and beyond for people who didn't want to do theirs.

Be honest. This is highly unnecessary. At a team member point of view, the stores and a dc are simple processes when it comes to sweeps. There are protocols and standards for sending things back, and the same with dealing with them. On the dc end in sweeps, either it comes back they way it should be...or send it back. I don't care what their store looks like, back room, front end, or anything in between. From my replies on the subject, don't confuse my work ethic with doing my job wrong while I was there. There is a difference between doing my job, and going above and beyond for people who didn't want to do theirs.
That part is more of a formality I believe , but yes I’m well aware that obviously people aren’t doing their job be it a team member or a team leader who doesn’t care or even a trainer who failed to properly train someone, odds are it will begin with a email with description and photo of the non acceptable item or behavior and then for a repeat offender the item or items will be sent back, either way the systems broke somewhere or we just have a lot of people who just don’t care , I venture to say 1 out of 15 or so trailers is actually done properly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back