Archived BAckroom /sweeps team members

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a serious note, I’m sweeping bulk shelving this week because it doesn’t fit our size uprites. Do you want them laid on a pallet sideways to pick up with a pallet jack, or do you want them thrown on a cardboard bundle?

Hell I’ll cut em in half to really paletize them for metal recycling, but I’d rather see them go to a store that could use them.

On a serious note, I’m sweeping bulk shelving this week because it doesn’t fit our size uprites. Do you want them laid on a pallet sideways to pick up with a pallet jack, or do you want them thrown on a cardboard bundle?

Hell I’ll cut em in half to really paletize them for metal recycling, but I’d rather see them go to a store that could use them.
According to our recycle vendor must be secured to a pallet with shrink wrap not in a box or Gaylord

At first, it boggled my mind how stores could have PALLETS of unidentified random junk lying around, and then I went to another store and realized that some stores have SO much unused space that is filled with random stuff. At my store, we're so cramped, everything is identified and needed otherwise it gets ditched.
We have one of the smaller backrooms in my area and we still have pallets of junk lying around because no one wants to take responsibility for it. Some things we actually need, but nobody wants to deal with actually using it or properly storing it.

We have pallets upon pallets of grocery pushers that the pog team never got around to installing. We are supposed to have them up, but they are never going to have time to install them. So they just stay in the backroom taking up valuable pallet space. Same thing with extra shelves. The ETL-Log insists the shelves that are in the fixture room aren't enough, and we NEED the extra few pallets of them in receiving for large resets.

I only did send backs if I found an unmarked pallet on a poorly loaded trailer.

Yes, I was extremely salty about it because poorly loaded trailers were a waste of my time when I had to do one an hour.

I only did send backs if I found an unmarked pallet on a poorly loaded trailer.

Yes, I was extremely salty about it because poorly loaded trailers were a waste of my time when I had to do one an hour.
That's why you sift through the available trailers and pick 2-3 quick ones. Build yourself a buffer. Knock out a handful of shitty ones, then back to business.

Process that happened at my DC when I was there was an unwritten rule/practice. I worked A1. I came into all four of our doors with the worst of the worst in the yard - hand picked and put aside by A2. I would get through all four of those, and then breeze through the rest of the day. At the end of the day, I would strategically pick the worst trailers to slot into the doors. This forced each shift to do at LEAST 4 of the worst trailers.

No one ever complained, and it just worked. It was a challenge almost to see who could slot the shittier trailer for the next shift.

That's why you sift through the available trailers and pick 2-3 quick ones. Build yourself a buffer. Knock out a handful of shitty ones, then back to business.

Process that happened at my DC when I was there was an unwritten rule/practice. I worked A1. I came into all four of our doors with the worst of the worst in the yard - hand picked and put aside by A2. I would get through all four of those, and then breeze through the rest of the day. At the end of the day, I would strategically pick the worst trailers to slot into the doors. This forced each shift to do at LEAST 4 of the worst trailers.

No one ever complained, and it just worked. It was a challenge almost to see who could slot the shittier trailer for the next shift.

Oh, that's tradition.

Will DC's accept pallets for dumpster toss?
Pallets as in the wood ones plastic or what ? All wood ones can be returned along with any food or gps pallets but we don’t Toss them they are recycled at our dc we have a subcontractor in the building that has a in house pallet shop in the dc

Pallets as in the wood ones plastic or what ? All wood ones can be returned along with any food or gps pallets but we don’t Toss them they are recycled at our dc we have a subcontractor in the building that has a in house pallet shop in the dc

Sorry, I meant palletized non-merch intended for toss-out... I've some softlines shelving in need of meeting the inside of a dumpster... ;)

Sorry, I meant palletized non-merch intended for toss-out... I've some softlines shelving in need of meeting the inside of a dumpster... ;)
Not sure what that looks like or made of but if it’s not 100% metal then that’s most likely a negative

Can we just send a solo plastic gps pallet? We have one that separated (the pallet deck from the risers that separate top/bottom) and it’s quite frankly a safety hazard. I’m not there on sweep days but I’m thinking about putting it in a wood pallet stack and have a sign to put on the sweep truck since no one else seems to be bothered by it

Can we just send a solo plastic gps pallet? We have one that separated (the pallet deck from the risers that separate top/bottom) and it’s quite frankly a safety hazard. I’m not there on sweep days but I’m thinking about putting it in a wood pallet stack and have a sign to put on the sweep truck since no one else seems to be bothered by it

Yes

Yes that’s fine all we do is reload all pallets onto a truck send it down to the pallet guys in our building and they sort good from bad and send the gps pallets to where ever they go and the wood ones are re built and re used in the building

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back