Archived Backroom Troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, first time posting on here, but I have been reading. So I have been working for Target for 8 years, Backroom 6. I usually Close so I come in at 2pm. Since going to the 6am process, I have noticed that when I come in the backroom is a total mess, especially since back to school was taken down(yes we still have it on tubs. I tried to backstock but, started running out of room in WACOS). My question is, is anyone else having this problem with coming in at 2pm-9pm and the backroom is trashed and there are no tubs to be used for CAFS. I thought it was ok at first because I could usually get the backroom current, but since going to the 6am process, I have gotten more and more frustrated. I am literally running while im backstocking and I still cannot get the backroom clean. Anyone have any suggestions or comments? I would love to hear everyones advice.

ask for help, rinse, and repeat often.
Don't give up hope and never do it all yourself. Sometime you have to leave a mess, so that they realize it was too much work for 1 person.

I have asked for help, they give me "we dont have anymore hours to spend"

We put our BTS crap down an aisle that has almost no waco stock. Plug, IIRC.

Welcome to Target's current business model. Schedule less than the bare minimum of hours to complete the work and spend half your payroll putting out fires. All it takes is 1 bad backroom walk from your DTL and suddenly it will become a priority.

Our backroom has struggled with coming clean ever since the push-all started. It also doesn't help that we're taking an average truck size of 2200 pieces 3 days a week now when pre-Pfresh we were (un)lucky if we saw a truck over 2000 pieces once or twice a month outside of the holidays. We don't have the hours to put enough bodies back there to get it cleaned up. Just try and stay positive and knock out one pallet at a time, that's all you can do!

Haha
We put our BTS crap down an aisle that has almost no waco stock. Plug, IIRC.

Welcome to Target's current business model. Schedule less than the bare minimum of hours to complete the work and spend half your payroll putting out fires. All it takes is 1 bad backroom walk from your DTL and suddenly it will become a priority.

Haha this reminds me of just the other night when my DTL did come in at like 2 after we just had a large truck come in. I was backroom which I usually never do, but it was a train wreck and there were vehicles of backstock all over the place...not sure what they thought of that I just was doing pulls at that time and didnt overhear anything

Hello everyone, first time posting on here, but I have been reading. So I have been working for Target for 8 years, Backroom 6. I usually Close so I come in at 2pm. Since going to the 6am process, I have noticed that when I come in the backroom is a total mess, especially since back to school was taken down(yes we still have it on tubs. I tried to backstock but, started running out of room in WACOS). My question is, is anyone else having this problem with coming in at 2pm-9pm and the backroom is trashed and there are no tubs to be used for CAFS. I thought it was ok at first because I could usually get the backroom current, but since going to the 6am process, I have gotten more and more frustrated. I am literally running while im backstocking and I still cannot get the backroom clean. Anyone have any suggestions or comments? I would love to hear everyones advice.
All I can say is that we are in the same boat. Other than the first few weeks, the switch to 6am has not gone well. I work in the morning and we are just scrambling to get blackline done and the previous days backstock. Our closer is basically just the plano/pricing puller at this point. Our mid (if we have one) spends his entire time pulling cafs and ff. Just been a seemingly never ending nightmare. We currently have parts of 5 ailes down 1 aisle because every aisle is jam packed. We got cleaned up last week because of an unexpected cancelled truck but it didn't last long.

I'd never seen anything like you guys talk about at my store. Our back room always looked great. We've had a good team back there. Then about a week ago they went to push-all. Most of our back room team quit. Next there was a mass call out of the flow team. For the first time when I come in to close the BR is a mess.

You're not alone. What with the 6am process and other stuff there's maybe one or two days a week where backroom doesn't look like a disaster zone. Rest of the time you can hardly move through it and trucks start off with little surprises like "we only have 3 spare flatbeds and 2 tubs so try to do a really good job stacking during unload." On 2000+ piece trucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back