Archived bad air ventilation in receiving

Status
Not open for further replies.
to flow members
how is the air quality in your receiving room?

lately i have been getting sick , nauseous and feeling dizzy while i am on the line because of the bad air quality in reeving . basically it feels like you are in a box , and the TL , ETL ,LOD makes it hard for us to open the vendors gate in the back of the line , and sometimes only certain people have a key , like the receiver who starts his shift after we are done unloading . i hate asking for it every time it should be a no-brainier, and i am thinking to quit because of it . there are fans in the ceiling i believe but they are blocked by papers .

should i talk to the ETL about it, or STL , hotline ...??

Ours is nice and cool with fans blowing everywhere.

I'm not a flow team member, but I frequent the basement often after close for bringing down CRC and Salvage, so I rub shoulders with the opening flow TM's. Our receiving seems well ventilated, but it's fairly hot down there since it's summah time.

I suspect it's going to depend on the store and the conditions.
Some of the older stores may have issues that newer ones don't.
Have you talked to the TL or ETL?

Are you the only one that is getting sick from the heat? If it's a known issue and your TL or ETL give you guys fans or water breaks because of the heat, it actually could be an OSHA violation. Our stores AC units go out in the backroom almost every summer, and we either open the dock doors on the morning of its cool enough outside, and we have several large fans going.

My store never fix broken A/C years ago when outside is hot, back room is horrible!

Are you the only one that is getting sick from the heat? If it's a known issue and your TL or ETL give you guys fans or water breaks because of the heat, it actually could be an OSHA violation. Our stores AC units go out in the backroom almost every summer, and we either open the dock doors on the morning of its cool enough outside, and we have several large fans going.
yes i am the only one feeling sick , others feel really uncomfortable , when i get out of receiving i feel great . the only running fan in receiving is the one inside the trailer.

ill talk to the ETL about it.

to flow members
how is the air quality in your receiving room?

lately i have been getting sick , nauseous and feeling dizzy while i am on the line because of the bad air quality in reeving . basically it feels like you are in a box , and the TL , ETL ,LOD makes it hard for us to open the vendors gate in the back of the line , and sometimes only certain people have a key , like the receiver who starts his shift after we are done unloading . i hate asking for it every time it should be a no-brainier, and i am thinking to quit because of it . there are fans in the ceiling i believe but they are blocked by papers .

should i talk to the ETL about it, or STL , hotline ...??

I would file a report with OSHA, nothing will be done if you don’t.

We called it thread necromancy on a gaming forum I was on. Bringing long dead threads back to life.

In this case it was a bot or a person looking for a relevant thread to tack their link to.
They are gone now.
I'm not sure if I should lock it or just let it sink into obscurity.

Sink into obscurity....bury the zombie? Will that keep it dead this time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back