Archived BB 8 Raffle

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do they plan to do with it? It was in the merchandise update a few weeks ago that the store should raffle it off to team members.

Well I hope they do then. Our BB-8 is still up on display in toys. I haven't heard or seen anything in my store about a raffle yet.

What do they plan to do with it? It was in the merchandise update a few weeks ago that the store should raffle it off to team members.

I'll admit I may have missed this "update" but with the riot act I was given to start, that it ALL was GOING IN THE COMPACTOR! No exceptions! CRUSH CRUSH CRUSH CRUSH! Per Disney stormtroppers! I am looking forward to all that junk going into the compactor for the thrill of it! :) :) ;)

I'll admit I may have missed this "update" but with the riot act I was given to start, that it ALL was GOING IN THE COMPACTOR! No exceptions! CRUSH CRUSH CRUSH CRUSH! Per Disney stormtroppers! I am looking forward to all that junk going into the compactor for the thrill of it! :) :) ;)
I was surprised by the update as well. Hoping or corporate lurkers heard my prayers.

It would be great for charity if we weren't letting someone take it. But I agree, it's nice to get a chance at something this awesome. It would be nicer if it was weighted for those of us who were invested in the overnight, launches, and toy demos though.

No raffel in my store, for good reason. It has been busted for a few months. :/

Ours is still up and running. Don't know what the plans are. If I won it I would gladly give it to whomever asked first. Clearly, I don't feel the attraction.

Ours is still up, but the batteries are dying so it makes the most horrible noises now. I want them to raffle it off or at least destroy it on a day when I'm not there because it would be too depressing to see.

(This is going to sound bitchy I said the words out loud and thought wow you are one salty kitty.)

Why can't it just be nice to make the team members life nice? I know it would make a few people very very happy just to own it. Just because your not a sick kid doesn't mean your not worthwhile and don't deserve somthing special.

That doesn't sound bitchy at all & I completely agree with what you've said. You're not salty at all, you're a nice, kitty!

I was just thinking - if one lucky person per store wins the gift - that leaves a lot of people feeling pretty rotten so maybe it would be nice to do something charitable.

That doesn't sound bitchy at all & I completely agree with what you've said. You're not salty at all, you're a nice, kitty!

I was just thinking - if one lucky person per store wins the gift - that leaves a lot of people feeling pretty rotten so maybe it would be nice to do something charitable.
I think more people were salty about not winning the TV we raffled off for Thanksgiving than a Star Wars display tbh

Probably not by accident either! That thing could have driven Mother Teresa to murder. lol

Someone cut the power chord to the power pack for the lightsaber display and stole the plug. %99 sure it was a team member.

Not to run it in anyone's faces but our store did the raffle and I happened to win it. Sits in the corner draped with a coat to shut it up.
How could you treat him like that? Horrible...

...i made sure the idiot who won mine got the hex wrench and directions.

I'm not sure what happened to ours. I heard nothing about it, and haven't seen it since the new Civil War display went up.

Have anyone actually won the raffle yet? Or personally know a TM that won it?

I am just curious because no one ever seems to win the raffles/contests at our store. We have little contests in the breakroom (guess the amount AP recovered this week and get a gift card), but no one ever finds out the winner or the answer to the question. During the holiday season we had an attendance contest/raffle and the winner got something from electronics (it might have been a small TV or something), but no one found out the winner or anything more about it after we told the rules and that good attendance would result in your name being put into the drawing more times. I randomly mentioned it to a TL who has been at Target a while and she said that they do a contest every holiday season, but the prize is never given out. Is this common at other stores?

Have anyone actually won the raffle yet? Or personally know a TM that won it?

I am just curious because no one ever seems to win the raffles/contests at our store. We have little contests in the breakroom (guess the amount AP recovered this week and get a gift card), but no one ever finds out the winner or the answer to the question. During the holiday season we had an attendance contest/raffle and the winner got something from electronics (it might have been a small TV or something), but no one found out the winner or anything more about it after we told the rules and that good attendance would result in your name being put into the drawing more times. I randomly mentioned it to a TL who has been at Target a while and she said that they do a contest every holiday season, but the prize is never given out. Is this common at other stores?
Somebody always wins ours. They post the winner next to the time clock. Half the time the winner cheated, as did many of the others...especially with the attendance contest.

I didn't win ours. I'm irrationally sad about it. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back