Archived Becoming a “Captain” - Pay Bump or Not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve seen conflicting posts on here as to whether a pay bump comes with the Captain title. Anyone know the deal?

Well, shit. I didn't get a fancy title but the leaders have basically decided that SFS is my area, I train newbies, and then the newbies come to me to ask me what they should do...does that mean I should just start calling myself "Captain?"

Captain MoveBatch sounds awsome!! So yes, please refer to yourself as such from here on out!! 😘

All captains for my store got $1 raise from their current pay at the time of "promotion." And full time hours where other will be cut when budget is low. I know myself and another team lead have asked for and received higher pay for our captains due to their work and overall contributions to the store.

I do feel it could be a bit higher. I also think there should be a starting base pay for all captains except maybe receiving/backroom because their duties are much more. At least at my store.

I remember when i was promoted to flow captain back when flow still stocked the whole store +p-fresh and i asked the old one that was transfering if i got a raise and he said nope and alot of the team though i got a raise also. So i had to help watch 20 flow tm and was responsible 10tm P-fresh team and was making the same or less then the people i was leading

I remember when i was promoted to flow captain back when flow still stocked the whole store +p-fresh and i asked the old one that was transfering if i got a raise and he said nope and alot of the team though i got a raise also. So i had to help watch 20 flow tm and was responsible 10tm P-fresh team and was making the same or less then the people i was leading
It’s not a promotion. It’s jist a task assigned to you only.

I don't know if OP is referring to SFS captain, but that position is like being the GSA for ship. There is daily checklist task sheet for captains floating around (on workbench probably). You have to assign people to work pick, prep, or pack and move them around as needed; schedule out breaks; coordinate with STL with any needs.

I know im going to be asked but I'll say no without a pay bump. Just like when they asked me to be gsa and refused a raise. Nope the fuck out of that.

There's not even hours from what I've seen. We had a flow captain for a few minutes back when I was new, and they gave him the same shitty hours as the rest of us, like 20ish a week. He quit because they wouldn't give him any more. Really though, giving someone a fake title and no extra schmoney is Target as fuck.

Asants. I made more money without any formal designation. Low on the radar.

My ETL called me "zone captain" the other day. I hope he was joking. I hate zoning, especially in market where everyone seems to dump all their reshop behind the K-Cups and by the gummi bears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back