Been thinking of applying to a Specialty Sales Position but not sure if I qualify?

Hey there,

I'm thinking of applying for a Specialty Sales Position in another store. Currently, I've been working in my store for around a year and a half, specifically in tech, guest services, toys and cashier (which I'm pretty sure everyone has done at least once while working). I do have a bachelors degree and my attendance has been pretty good for the most of it (8.5/10 I guess).

The majority of my knowledge is in tech but I understand that for Specialty Sales its tech, beauty and style and I am completely prepared to learn and train myself in those other departments.

Just wanted to know if this sounds like a good stepping stone for me to even apply in the first place or should I not even bother and just wait til I've worked longer as a tm?

Thanks!

Are you transfering to be closer to home or something. Idk what is it your looking for seems like you are already in that same position? Any attendance issues will be a big deal in transfering. Talk to your hr and they can reach out to that store. You bring up a bachelors degree are you trying to move up in spot? Ultimately its up to the new store if they want you.

They aren't going to schedule the same person in tech, beauty, and style.

If you have a tech knowledge and have worked in that department before, then apply for that position.

I have worked tech shifts before but I have no business working one second in beauty or style.

They aren't going to schedule the same person in tech, beauty, and style.

If you have a tech knowledge and have worked in that department before, then apply for that position.

I have worked tech shifts before but I have no business working one second in beauty or style.
Legit my feeling as well, yet other stores have Style cover Tech which makes no damn sense at all. Thankfully at my store the three specialty departments have nothing to do with each other.

I'm sorry for not being clear enough, I meant to say that I wanted to try to get some kind of promotion after being a tm for tech. I know that by now I think tl's for tech no longer exist (I think) so I'm trying to figure out where else could I go from here. A friend of mine recommended me to go for a Specialty Sales position that another store had available and that supposedly you needed a degree or something , but now I don't really know if that is enough of a "upgrade" I guess. Overall, I want to try to get a better position but I don't really know where to go next.

Argg why do people always have to call out others who are new to the site and might not quite know how to navigate it? Two threads, ten threads, who cares?

I know most stores do not have a tech or beauty tl. I think some of the higher volume ones might but i dont work in on so idk. If you are looking into moving up in target talk with you etl,sd, or hr. They really like putting existing tms "on the bench". Basically tl duties for no extra pay, until a position becomes available. As a person that went through quite a long "on the bench" process i would get on that asap. At the same time though i would recommend looking outside of spot as well and if need be coming back to target for an etl position later on if need be. As for which position to go for take any tl position you can.

Back