Archived Being fired for making too much money

Status
Not open for further replies.
New hire seasonal cashiers starting at $10 here. What is happening at my store is amazon opened a new warehouse and a lot of people are leaving for the $12.75 starting wage. Also like 3 etls left for management positions with amazon too within the past 3 months.

I've been with Target for 5 years. I've seen many veteran TM's, TL's, and ETLs fired for lots of different things. Only one was actually good at her job, and she was fired for noncompliance. I've never heard any initiatives to purge out the higher paid employees but I will say this:
A team member who has been in position for 10 years and makes $14 an hour is expected to do a better job than the person who's only 8 months in. However, too often, it's the opposite that's true.

Yes we should all be turned into soylent green or grey.

infinite-yes-daniel-bryan.gif

Nailed it. Only thing I could add is that now you can also be put in the cross hairs for being too old as well.
Right....all this is happening, while at the same time the old timers that are actually good at their jobs are being offered even more money to transfer and help fix broken stores. I know TLs making $24 an hour who were offered raises to transfer. People who get written up for performance, are actually people who have performance issues, imagine that!

New hire seasonal cashiers starting at $10 here. What is happening at my store is amazon opened a new warehouse and a lot of people are leaving for the $12.75 starting wage. Also like 3 etls left for management positions with amazon too within the past 3 months.

Allegedly one of my etls left for Amazon, recently. I... should look into that lol.

On the original topic sorta: My store doesn't seem to be doing this. They couldn't if they wanted to, though. So far, most of our seasonals quit asap. A few of them quit before the first day, because they got better offers. I've had calls come in with people wanting to cancel interviews because they got better offers.

The only change I've really pushed back on was flip fold boards lmao. My old dtl wanted us to flip fold everything. I could never align the shirts properly on the first try, plus we're understaffed, so I gave up on it... and so did everyone else after a few nights of tables not being finished. I don't mind change or expansion... if I'm given enough time... and money to get it all done.

Are you sure about that. Stls at target make six figures
He'd been an ETL for 15 years (and three months). Came to spot from Walmart as assistant store manager there. Always ran a green center, despite changing work centers several times. Now the store manager of a craft store. He definitely makes more than both the last two stls who are fresh out of college on their first store as stl. They had to order a cash delivery to pay him out...

I can tell you the oldest veteran on my team thinks she's the only one who does her job correctly, but she is by far my worst team member.

I had an 80 year old on my pog team who felt this way. One day she took a flow shift and I thought "man shes gonna break a hip".

She fell and broke her hip.

No more disgruntled old lady on my pog team.

I felt kinda bad for thinking that, but I also kinda didn't. She was a huge pain in the ass.

He'd been an ETL for 15 years (and three months). Came to spot from Walmart as assistant store manager there. Always ran a green center, despite changing work centers several times. Now the store manager of a craft store. He definitely makes more than both the last two stls who are fresh out of college on their first store as stl. They had to order a cash delivery to pay him out...
Are you sure he got fired, or did he quit? And an STL fresh out of college?? Nothing about that makes sense because at the end of the day an STL can't just come in and say your fired, it has to be approved through the DTL and they have to run it by the GVP before they can do that. Hell, it takes the store having constant communication with the HRBP and DTL just to fire TLs. Not saying you're lying but I am saying that whatever you might have heard could be chopped up and spewed out just to make a good story at your store.

Are you sure he got fired, or did he quit? And an STL fresh out of college?? Nothing about that makes sense because at the end of the day an STL can't just come in and say your fired, it has to be approved through the DTL and they have to run it by the GVP before they can do that. Hell, it takes the store having constant communication with the HRBP and DTL just to fire TLs. Not saying you're lying but I am saying that whatever you might have heard could be chopped up and spewed out just to make a good story at your store.
He got fired. Walk of shame involving the local police just "happening" to stop by to buy coffee and look at clothes aka the walk path.

Second etl fired like this. New crew managed to keep it contained until they were ready to drop the axe. Nobody from inside talked about it except rumors. But I've kept contact and trust both to not embellish the truth. Ironically they both make more at their new jobs than they did at spot.

Easiest way to make veterans quit is give them only 8 hours per week for a month or two. And the 2 weeks notice will start rolling like hot cakes. Sucks but it actually works.

TMs who are paid significantly higher than current minimum &/or have health benefits are usually performanced out.
It starts small by getting coached for petty things that never mattered before & other TMs don't get disciplined for, gradually building up to a long list while mentally browbeating you until you're on edge & it begins to impact your work. You noticed that you are singled out for this treatment & discipline is not evenly enforced.
When it reaches that point, you're pulled in & questioned about your sliding performance. Attempting to point out the petty actions leading up to it will get you punished for insubordination & a poor attitude.
You may also be labeled a trouble-maker & accused of spreading poor morale.
If you try to stick it out, they will make your work life hell until they find something to term you for or until you quit.
Transferring isn't an option as they'll deny it because they 'don't want to give their problem to another store.'
If you stick it out until you're termed, they'll deny unemployment based on all the actions used to tear you down.
If you quit, your only recourse is the hotline but you'll be labeled a 'disgruntled former employee' with an axe to grind.
Either way, you'll be marked red for rehire based on the file they accumulated.
Im sorry but how do you know this is true?

Interesting we just had a store huddle talking about the seasonal hires and how leadership wants current employees who know what they are doing to step up during the season and how they dont want all the hours going to the seasonal hires. Im sorry but i feel this is scewed and based off speculation. Ive yet to see true evidence of such claims at my store. I dont however trust my leadership. Esp HR! For some reason pur ETL in HR is the most corrupt woman ive ever worked with...scares me. Lol

Target stores are graded upon retention you know...theyre awarded each year based on how many problem employees theybare able to work with to stay and to help perform.

However the ones who refuse to help new TMs, refuse change and are toxic are a problem. I get it, Target has made a lot of negative changes and you have a reason to be upset with the direction of the company but if you feel the need to take it out on new ppl just GTFO and find a new job where you dont have to deal with newbies.
Man, so true. Weve got a few of those. One woman (14 year vet) was complaining yesterday about having to waste her time training somebody new coming from flow to her department. Its insane. Shes constantly complaining about having to do new things and how her hours are being cut and she doesnt want to do other things in the store, just what shes been doing for so many years. Ita exhausting to hear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back