Archived Being scheduled at Guest Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I love doing GS. I asked my GSA why I was never getting GS shifts and they said it was because I wasn't GS "certified" in the POS system and made my "certified". Does that really tell the scheduling system to give me GS shifts or not? Do the two talk to each other?

No. Your GSA either doesn't know they're talking about or they're lying to you. Your access status in the register doesn't show on MyTime. What your GSA could've meant was that you're not job coded as Guest Service in the system-maybe you're just listed as a cashier? However your schedule writer can still give you shifts at Guest Services, they just have to transfer you over as they're writing your hours.

Go talk to your ETL. Let them know you like having GS shifts and want to continue to be developed over there.

Right now, we are only putting very seasoned GS people over there.

Trust me. It's for the best. New year's acomin'!

Reactions: Dog
Haha, we have the opposite problem at my store! They keep putting random cashiers at the service desk because they don’t know who is actually “trained” and who is not. I made a list just today and gave it to HR. They don’t code anyone as guest service in my store in the system, just give them privileges in the POS. Even before I was made a GSA, guest service said it was out of my workcenter on my schedule because I was only coded as cashier :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back