Archived Being told to "Work faster"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right off the bat realize that they will ALLWAYS overwhelm you with goals. Their mindset is at least hopefully a TM will get as close to meeting it as possible. It a TM consistently meets their goals they will be assigned even more.

Overload is the work plan.

Last edited:
Right off the bat realize that they will ALLWAYS overwhelm you with goals. Their mindset is at least a TM will get as close to meeting it as possible. It a TM consistently meets their goals they will be assigned even more.

Overload is the work plan.
Same thing with hours. If your workcenter can get the job done with less hours, hours will continue to be cut and doing more with less will be the new expectation.🙄

I hope all stores overspend on hours this year.
Why? Won't they all just get in trouble and then it trickles down into the stores being even harder on us about completing tasks in the minuscule time allotted?

I tried to apply for SNAP and got turned away because $12 an hour at 15 hours a week is too much money. LMAO.
This in spades! My rent just went up another $100 putting me at 1100 for a 1bdrm for me and my dog. I cant even pay my rent let alonr bills on 13hrs a week but i make to damned much to get help with food. Every werk im one penny away from joining the homeless camp in the brush down the street. Over a decade of 24/7 availability to spot and this is where they have me. Tnx for that

Why? Won't they all just get in trouble and then it trickles down into the stores being even harder on us about completing tasks in the minuscule time allotted?

Because it would show a consistent need for more hours.

My store is handing OT out like candy! Some of our more driven TMs are working 60 hours a week! Bless their souls. I ain't about that life.

Similar to my store. I wondered if it would happen, but turns our it did. They're just doing whatever possible to catch up...and we're still behind.

Similar to my store. I wondered if it would happen, but turns our it did. They're just doing whatever possible to catch up...and we're still behind.
Same. We get done, then have a double the next day, etc. Then it's back to square one.

I found out yesterday our store is over at least 1,000 hours. I look at all the unpushed freight, unzoned salesfloor, overflowing pods outside full of seasonal, and overwhelmed sfs .... if we didn't use those hours, it would look twice as bad, if that's possible.
Considering my store has been hoarding hours for the past 3 years, I am in no way surprised.

Jesus Christ how horrifying. My apartment complex charges $800 for a 2 bed with utilities included. Do you live in Cali-fuckin-fornia by any chance?
Sadly no i do not. The worst of it thre is literally no job in my region warranting our apt prices. 2bdrms average 1600 here and most including mine make you pay all utilities and pet rent. Its a complete nightmare. Our homeless population has sky rocketed out of control. Yet they build more and raise prices without brining any actual jobs to support it.

$15 an hour is too much money for an unskilled job. And while Target pretends to be socially justice driven, at the end of the day, it is a publicly traded company with major shareholders that ONLY care about profitability.

You think employees are just going to get massive raises without consequence and that those shareholders are just going to take that on the chin? Please, anyone who thinks this, grow up.

These aren't "massive" raises. This is a long overdue market adjustment. If companies had adjusted wages to at least somewhat keep pace with inflation, they wouldn't be facing the backlash they are now. Target's starting pay in my area in 1999 was $7.00/hr. Adjusting that to inflation, that comes out to $10.54 today. The current base pay is a bit higher than that but the amount of payroll given to stores is less than half of what we had available in the late 90s-early 00s. Not a single bit of "Modernization" has made our jobs any easier to perform than 20 years ago.

So now we're expected to perform double the amount of work at a rate that's only 15% higher than the inflation adjusted starting wage of 20 years ago. Let's also point out that the 15% difference is easily made up by the fact that getting full time benefits was a hell of a lot easier to attain back then.

So we should ask: Are employees supposed to take massive increases in workload just because corporate FINALLY decided to adjust base wages to reflect the modern day? Are we supposed to kiss their ass while we lose our payroll to a bunch of buzzwords?

I'll freely admit that $15 is probably too much for unskilled labor in most markets but as far as I'm concerned, shareholders should take it on the chin. They are the ones that need to grow up. They are the ones that throw a tantrum over anything that might force them to wipe their ass with $50 bills instead of $100s. They are the ones that have held wages down for decades, moved any process they can overseas, and created the largest wealth gap since the 1920s; all while playing the victim.

And when computers do take away most of our jobs, they are the ones that are going to use "$15" as a talking point when the reality is, that computer really costs them ~$2/hr to operate. The computer was coming anyways, "$15" is the scapegoat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back