Archived Being written up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not signing does nothing. Signing is not an admission of guilt.

If you disagree with thhe base facts of the write up you can write them on the sheet. I can't think of any write up i have ever issued ehere the associate argued the base facts, only that they were somehow not responsible for the act.

Hint: being scheduled outside your availability does not negate a no show. You knew you were scheduled and chose to not call in. Thinking the acknowledge every guest rule is stupid does not negate your refusal to greet every guest.

however, if you get written up based on heresay, because someone allegedly saw you not greet someone, and that isn't correct, I wouldn't sign that.

Hint: being scheduled outside your availability does not negate a no show. You knew you were scheduled and chose to not call in. Thinking the acknowledge every guest rule is stupid does not negate your refusal to greet every guest.

I was one time scheduled outside my availability. My ETL told me to call out on the day of my shift before my shift started. There's no reason to not call, unless you're in the hospital or jail.

Greeting every guest in my store would have you just running in a sea of people going "can I help you find something". It's too many people to greet them all.

On the topic of refusing to sign, it really does nothing. It may help if you plan to fight your termination, but they're pretty good at having enough documentation for that fight to be futile.

Greeting every guest in my store would have you just running in a sea of people going "can I help you find something". It's too many people to greet them all.

On the topic of refusing to sign, it really does nothing. It may help if you plan to fight your termination, but they're pretty good at having enough documentation for that fight to be futile.

That's how it is in my store. I'll at least day hello or good morning, but it's not practical to do the "can I help you ect." line when 15 people walk past you in under a minute.

While I mostly trust my store, it has been touted about as a very black and white issue with little room for that kind of leeway. It's been more of an unspoken exception of "okay not literally." So I can see how in more poorly run stores, write ups cam be improperly used, and if they do that, I wouldn't trust the validity of anything else they did. I just think it's important to know that you don't have to sign stuff that is incorrect, and you should stick up for yourself when necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back