Archived Being written up

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am being written up not greeting EVERY guest that passes me. My manager got hit with the same thing; she left. Other TL’s had the same thing. I feel like there is a hit list. Am I off base?

ASANTS (all stores are not the same). It could be that your stores' leadership are hardcore dungeonmasters who follow the rulebook fanatically, but some stores will only use it strategically to performance out TMs they don't like for other reasons, and some stores (like mine) it's understood as an unspoken but common-sense thing, but not strictly enforced. The only terms handed out to TMs around here as of late has been for attendance or giving themselves 5 finger discounts

if I ever get written up for this, I'm refusing to sign it.

great, that means there's no consequences then, according to you.

Nope. We just write TM refused to sign and it still stands. I've had tms refuse to sign cca's and reviews. Even had one that refused to acknowledge his termination.

Nope. We just write TM refused to sign and it still stands. I've had tms refuse to sign cca's and reviews. Even had one that refused to acknowledge his termination.

So in other words, there's no consequences to not signing stuff you disagree with?

Whether you sign or not, the cca will stand. It will not go away just because you decide to ignore it and not sign. There's certain things that you can fight.
Example 1. I write you up for a NCNS. You tell me your were scheduled outside of your availability and you talked to etl and they said it was fine and to put shift on swap shift book. I talk to etl who confirms so cca goes away.

Example 2. You refuse to acknowledge guest after multiple coaching conversations. So you get a cca and you say this is stupid and don't sign. Cca goes in your file.

Doesn't matter if you sign or not on any documentation. There's no extra repercussions for not signing, but whatever the documentation is, it's still valid with or without your signature.

The difference is, you're not admitting fault. Whether or not that means anything is another story. I've never been written up at Target, but in past jobs, one of which was Union, the union said never sign anything you don't agree with. I've stuck with that.

The difference is, you're not admitting fault. Whether or not that means anything is another story. I've never been written up at Target, but in past jobs, one of which was Union, the union said never sign anything you don't agree with. I've stuck with that.

Your signature doesn't mean your admitting fault. It just means that you were delivered the write up.

Your signature doesn't mean your admitting fault. It just means that you were delivered the write up.

I still wouldn't sign, unless I wrote some sort of disclaimer along with my signature followed by a rebutal. At that point, I don't see the point though. Luckily I don't work in a store that abuses write ups.

Well.... THAT must have been an interesting conversation.... um, twice !!!

If you refuse to acknowledge your termination then legally they can't term you, much like an undercover cop is obligated to answer truthfully when asked if he's a cop

If you refuse to acknowledge your termination then legally they can't term you, much like an undercover cop is obligated to answer truthfully when asked if he's a cop

FB_IMG_1506350071952.jpg

Not signing may not have any actual effect, but if I were being written up for something I thought was total BS, I would probably refuse to sign just as a token protest. Won't change anything, necessarily, but if literally all I can do to fight an unfair writeup is a token protest, so be it.

I guess if you expect to get termed down the road and plan to fight it then not signing can do something but nobody puts up much a struggle for how much Target pays.

Not signing does nothing. Signing is not an admission of guilt.

If you disagree with thhe base facts of the write up you can write them on the sheet. I can't think of any write up i have ever issued ehere the associate argued the base facts, only that they were somehow not responsible for the act.

Hint: being scheduled outside your availability does not negate a no show. You knew you were scheduled and chose to not call in. Thinking the acknowledge every guest rule is stupid does not negate your refusal to greet every guest.

Hint: being scheduled outside your availability does not negate a no show. You knew you were scheduled and chose to not call in. Thinking the acknowledge every guest rule is stupid does not negate your refusal to greet every guest.
ASANTS: I would say it gets a discussion/coaching for not letting HR know it's outside of your availability when you noticed. But the only way a NCNS happens if it's outside your availability at my store is if you picked up the shift on the swap shift board.

If you're scheduled at 8 but your availability isn't till 10 as long as you tell HR it's out of your availability before hand you can come in at 10 and not get a late or NCNS. Being scheduled outside your availability is on management, and you may be able to get out of the NCNS with a call to the hotline.

ASANTS: I would say it gets a discussion/coaching for not letting HR know it's outside of your availability when you noticed. But the only way a NCNS happens if it's outside your availability at my store is if you picked up the shift on the swap shift board.

If you're scheduled at 8 but your availability isn't till 10 as long as you tell HR it's out of your availability before hand you can come in at 10 and not get a late or NCNS. Being scheduled outside your availability is on management, and you may be able to get out of the NCNS with a call to the hotline.

I think you should still be held accountable for telling management ahead of time. Mistakes happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back