Archived benefits...

Status
Not open for further replies.
They still need the core people to run the store. The core people are the ones with benefits. The peeps that work only 4 hour shifts are usually retired or students And don't need the benefits.

I feel like after all these years, I should be able to keep my benefits as they are, I have worked so hard to make our store successful. I am really disappointed, and not sure about the future. Grabbing a beer from the fridge in the bistro.

Totally agree with you!!! Leave our benefits alone or I believe they'll be sorry in the end. Corp is becoming too greedy and it will backfire. Do they think we are all spineless chumps that are stupid and can't think for ourselves. Offer us something better and watch us turn. There is no loyalty from the company to us! We need to do what's best for ourselves.

But $5,000 deductible is still way too much to pay every year!!! Most people can't afford this!!

I've never seen a $5000 deductible. Usually the "deductible" is not the same as the point when the plan takes over full costs (the "out of pocket max").

The worst I've ever had was a $500 deductible where the participant had to pay all of that BEFORE the plan started paying. At that point the split kicks in, where between the deductible and the OOP max kicks in you pay a percentage of the bill and the insurance pays the rest (this is usually a 70/30 or 80/20 split, although 90/10 also is out there). You pay the lower percentage and the insurance company pays the rest up to the OOP max, at which point the insurance then pays all costs up to the plan maximum.

The point is I doubt you really have a $50000 deductible.

Ok so if I'm insured with that insurance, I just came home after 4 days in the hospital with minor surgery. Last year this same surgery cost me over $25,000 on an outpatient basis, not including any doctor bills. My out of pocket cost with copays was $450.00 total. Under these new FSA and other policies they offer I would have $500.00 deductible ...20% of the next portion until I met my $5,000 out of pocket expenses.I would meet this in one illness. I would have met this last. year also. Now I've paid $5,000 a year for deductible. With what we have now, I'm paying max $400.00 if I'm admitted to the hospital. Now add my spouse to they plan who is not healthy. History of heart trouble ...open heart surgery 6years ago. Another $5,000 out of pocket to qualify him for coverage doctors visits and meds.
What good is this insurance????

Ok so if I'm insured with that insurance, I just came home after 4 days in the hospital with minor surgery. Last year this same surgery cost me over $25,000 on an outpatient basis, not including any doctor bills. My out of pocket cost with copays was $450.00 total. Under these new FSA and other policies they offer I would have $500.00 deductible ...20% of the next portion until I met my $5,000 out of pocket expenses.I would meet this in one illness. I would have met this last. year also. Now I've paid $5,000 a year for deductible. With what we have now, I'm paying max $400.00 if I'm admitted to the hospital. Now add my spouse to they plan who is not healthy. History of heart trouble ...open heart surgery 6years ago. Another $5,000 out of pocket to qualify him for coverage doctors visits and meds.
What good is this insurance????

I hear you! It's great for healthy people who don't get sick.

I've never seen a $5000 deductible. Usually the "deductible" is not the same as the point when the plan takes over full costs (the "out of pocket max").

The worst I've ever had was a $500 deductible where the participant had to pay all of that BEFORE the plan started paying. At that point the split kicks in, where between the deductible and the OOP max kicks in you pay a percentage of the bill and the insurance pays the rest (this is usually a 70/30 or 80/20 split, although 90/10 also is out there). You pay the lower percentage and the insurance company pays the rest up to the OOP max, at which point the insurance then pays all costs up to the plan maximum.

The point is I doubt you really have a $50000 deductible.

Husband's last employer had a crap plan that had a $1000 deductible on each family member. The family deductible was $5000 (what a coincidence, there are five of us!). After the deductible was met, it was 80/20 for the next $8500 (in-network) before full coverage kicked in.

Yep we can't allow Target to do this to us!!! We have to fight for our benefits or vote the union in to guarantee our benefits for us! Email the Target benefit number posted on this site above and let them know.

I'm working with some people to get it out to spread the word so sit tight...

So, will non-eligible TMs also receive a packet notifying them that no action is required? Or do all TMs receive packets instructing them to go online and review their benefits options, even if they're just elegible for the basic health discount card, benificiary settings, and whatnot? I think it'd be ideal if all TMs received packets, so if someone doesn't, we know it's just an address issue. Although, I believe two copies are sent: one to home and one to store.

So far, plans remain intact until next yr.
Unlike past yrs when you could do nothing & leave your options the same, this yr requires you to make a choice or you may be put into an HRA or something else not of your choosing.
Those who are currently in a PPO/HMO may choose to continue this yr but those who weren't cannot change to said PPO/HMO.
Next yr, the PPO/HMO plans will be dropped. Options will be HRA, HSA & another option I've forgotten. Annie? Miguel?
There's also a smoking surcharge.

Well I sent my dislike to benefit.com and they replied that as team members we don't realize the cost of medical care with the HMO and PPO paying the bills, so they are dropping them so we can realize how much it costs and we can make an educated decision before going to the doctor or ER. In other words we go to the doctor because we just want to go, not because we feel we need to go! Now they will make it so we can't afford to go until we are sooo sick we have to be hopitalized! What happened to our wellness is important? Now it's becoming you don't feel good, you know something's wrong, you call the nurse hotline, you have a heart attack. This happens over a 2 month time frame. You normally would have gone to see your doctor when you started not feeling well and knowing something was wrong. Dr may have saved you from heart attack, maybe save your life! Which is better? ? Target Corporation apparently doesn't care about it's team members!!

I don't think ineligible TM's will be receiving packets, like you said though, if they are PT and with less than 2 years of service, they will receive a packette letting those people see what they ARE eligible for. 2 copies shouldn't be sent out, it should just be one.

Yes, unless you check the NONsmoker box, you will be charged and extra 10$ a week for your health insurance. Actually, the only HMO's that people can continue to participate in after this year are Healthpartners and Kaiser, they will continue into 2013, for this year, people who WERE ALREADY in the PPO plan (used to be called the Traditional Plan) and other HMO's (Blue Cross Blue Shield, Humana, and all the other HMO's of 2011) will be able to stay in those ONE more year, but NO NEW entrants can join those HMO's or the PPO plan.

I went to the er last weekend with my youngest child who broke an arm ,she fell from her bike. Our OOP was $ 25 .
My oldest one had emergency surgery last fall ( appendix ruptured) ,the bill was 32k ( ambulance ride included) ,OOP $ 20

My husband has a union job,and our insurance premiums are $100 a month . That is what I call affordable insurance! and no deductiblemat all,only OOP $25 max.
It is a shame that a company the size of target can't or won't offer his TM a health insurance .

So I enrolled for my benefits. Even though they suck, it is still better then having no benefits at all.

Should we be worried that Target's "Ben E. Fitz" is Barry, the unlikeable nemesis colleague of Leonard and Sheldon, on the TV Show "Big Bang Theory?"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back