Archived Bereavement questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catalina

Bullseye Biatch!
So I've been at Target almost three years, my aunt just died, and I'm wondering if anyone could give me more information about bereavement. I work 5 days a week, and average about 28-30 hours. Am I eligible to take a day off for bereavement? I'm guessing I probably won't qualify for pay but can I get the day off for her funeral at least? It Will probably be on Thursday. My next shift is tomorrow at 3. How do I go about getting the day off? My HR is on vacation.

Don't be (if you call off) surprised to be asked to show proof of attendance.

Yes, the funeral program pamphlet thing. That's what I once heard my STL tell a TM who got a call and had to leave their shift ASAP.

You wont get pay but they should give you the time off. Like stated get a pamphlet of proof of attendance some leadership is petty as hell and froth at the mouth at a chance to can someone. So sorry to hear of your loss.

So I've been at Target almost three years, my aunt just died, and I'm wondering if anyone could give me more information about bereavement. Am I eligible to take a day off for bereavement? I'm guessing I probably won't qualify for pay but can I get the day off for her funeral at least? It Will probably be on Thursday. My next shift is tomorrow at 3. How do I go about getting the day off? My HR is on vacation.

Sorry for your loss. Yes, you are eligible to take time off for bereavement since you average more than 20 hours and worked for more than 6 months. Since Target considers an aunt to be immediate family, up to 3 scheduled days is paid time off. Let your store know that you need time off ASAP. If HR is on vacation, then let your STL and ETL know.

Here is some more information from the Time-off Program Guide:

Bereavement Plan 1.png Bereavement Plan 2.png Bereavement Plan 3.png Bereavement Plan 4.png

Last edited:
Sorry for your loss.

3 scheduled, paid days. So if you are scheduled wed, th, fr, you can take all 3. This is for you to take care of your family and yourself.

Sorry for your loss.

3 scheduled, paid days. So if you are scheduled wed, th, fr, you can take all 3. This is for you to take care of your family and yourself.
yes i got three days pay last July for the death of my Aunt.
just make sure HR puts it in.

I’m so sorry for your loss :(

Just let HR know about it and they should work with you. I don’t know that they’ll ask for proof, but it’s possible.

My mother-in-law passed away in March and they gave me funeral pay for the days I was gone, they didn’t ask for proof, but I had told them that she was sick and not going to make it beforehand, so they expected it at any time.

I hope it all works out and they put in that time for you. Remind them if they don’t.

Effective communication with hr, tl, etl, or upper mgt helps out a lot when a sick parent or child. I had a tm who was suffering because of a child who was very sick. I let mgt know & that tm was given the time that they needed to help their child out.
I am sorry for your loss.

Thank you everyone for your condolences. I spoke to our HRTM. I'm going in for my shift tomorrow and she is having my shifts covered and keying me in for bereavement pay on thurs/friday. I have to get a form signed by the funeral home showing I attended to get the bereavement pay.

When my girlfriend passed away a couple years ago, I got over about a week's pay and didn't have to show any proof of going to any funeral

My aunt passed away and I was told she wasn’t close enough of a relative to get bereavement pay.

Yeah it's a little embarrassing that I have to do that, but I can't really afford to lose out on the two days

My husband's aunt passed away today, and the visitation is Wednesday night, which is my usual weeknight work night. I talked to the LOD tonight (not my ETL, not HR) about it and he said it would be treated as a call-out. Is that right? I don't expect any sort of bereavement pay, as it's distant and I don't think I'm averaging more than 20 hours, but I don't want a call-out if I can avoid it.

I've tried posting my shift on Kronos, since we can't use Branch anymore, but haven't had any luck with the app actually posting the request.

/cranky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back