Archived Best ETL position

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I searched this but didn't find a fourm post to this....out of all the etl positions what one do you think has it the best ?

I'd love to say HR but that's the only position I haven't done on the team member side ( minus food ave and starbucks )

I've never have seen etl operations before...only etl logistics at any of my stores...

I've never have seen etl operations before...only etl logistics at any of my stores...

It's a second placement for ETLs, in most stores around my area now. I believe it's for higher volume stores, but I see it coming to most stores in the future. Mainly encompasses pricing, Plano and instocks, however, it includes all store scores where I work. Essentially our etl-ops is second in charge and just waiting for her chance to get a store.

I was an ETL-Log. I would say the best position, where you can take your experience to any company, is ETL-HR. The second best would be ETL-AP. Third would be ETL-Operations. Obviously ETL-Pharmacy would be great but that's a unique position. I wouldn't compare that to a typical ETL position since you have to be a pharmacist.

A+ P-Fresh, org chart 5. We got an ETL-Ops as a result of AE14. We used to have Replenishment and a second Hardlines, but those positions were cut. Our Ops is responsible for overseeing the process teams (plano, pricing, instocks, backroom day) and ensuring that their processes are brand and achieving green scores.

A+ P-Fresh, org chart 5. We got an ETL-Ops as a result of AE14. We used to have Replenishment and a second Hardlines, but those positions were cut. Our Ops is responsible for overseeing the process teams (plano, pricing, instocks, backroom day) and ensuring that their processes are brand and achieving green scores.
Not a bad job to have!

Not a bad job to have!

He's not an old-timer, but he knows what he's doing. He's one of the better LODs.

How many ETL's do most stores actually have? Pretty sure we have three, ETL-HR, ETL-GE and ETL-LOG. That's it. No SF, RX, Ops, AP, HL, etc.

Our upper management just consists of 3 ETL's, STL, and 3 Sr. TL's.

It's interesting that you don't have a ETL that would be in charge of Hardlines & Softlines. If you are going to staff at min. ETL's you are generally looking at: ETL-HR, ETL-HL&SL, ETL-Log. In my Market the first thing to go was the ETL-AP & ETL-GE as those are both positions that can be easily run by a APTL/GSTL. The rest can be filled in with numerous Sr. TL's and save Spot some dolla bills

How many ETL's do most stores actually have? Pretty sure we have three, ETL-HR, ETL-GE and ETL-LOG. That's it. No SF, RX, Ops, AP, HL, etc.

Our upper management just consists of 3 ETL's, STL, and 3 Sr. TL's.

The number of ETLs and their positions are going to vary by store size. In our district all but one of our stores has ETL-HR, GE, 2 SL, 2 HL, OPS, Sr. Merchant, AP, Replenishment, and LOG. We are all either multilevel or old Greatland Stores (2 entrances). We also have 3 Sr. TLs.

Wow, 2 HL, and 2 SL is quite a change from 0 of either.

1 SL and 1 HL upstairs, 1 SL and 1 HL downstairs. Probably could make 1 do each level.

It's weird that softlines and hardlines are split between levels. You'd think all of softlines would be on one level and all of hardlines would be on the other level. Then you'd just have to have an LOD on each level during all open hours.

It's interesting that you don't have a ETL that would be in charge of Hardlines & Softlines. If you are going to staff at min. ETL's you are generally looking at: ETL-HR, ETL-HL&SL, ETL-Log. In my Market the first thing to go was the ETL-AP & ETL-GE as those are both positions that can be easily run by a APTL/GSTL. The rest can be filled in with numerous Sr. TL's and save Spot some dolla bills

@Nauzhror's ETL-GE might also be in charge of the sales floor. In lower volume stores, GE is almost always combined with something else - often softlines, sometimes the entire sales floor. In some ULV stores, the STL runs GE.

1 SL and 1 HL upstairs, 1 SL and 1 HL downstairs. Probably could make 1 do each level.

It's weird that softlines and hardlines are split between levels. You'd think all of softlines would be on one level and all of hardlines would be on the other level. Then you'd just have to have an LOD on each level during all open hours.

@Nauzhror's ETL-GE might also be in charge of the sales floor. In lower volume stores, GE is almost always combined with something else - often softlines, sometimes the entire sales floor. In some ULV stores, the STL runs GE.

Its interesting because the recent changes made it so GE stays separate longer than Softlines does. You will see one ETL-SF and an ETL-GE (instead of the old HL and SL/GE combos). I think it reflects the focuses that we are seeing. The ETL-SF will be losing task (SPs, Plano) and be focused more and more on vibe and maintenance it seems.

At my store we have STL (of course) and 1 ETL each for:
HR
AP
HL
SL
LOG
GE
And 2 Sr TLs.

STL, ETL-HR, ETL-GE, ETL-SL, ETL-HL, ETL-AP, ETL-Log, ETL-Ops, and 2.5 SrTLs.

I would imagine ETL-SF is probably the most stressful ETL position atm...

Mine was all hardballs over us in Market, now that he is SL too I barely see him.

SL is in the middle of each floor while HL is on the outside of the race track. Womens and intimates are downstairs with mens, shoes, and kids upstairs.

The LOD is responsible for both floors. One LOD for morning, one for mid, and one closing LOD. If you're not the LOD you focus on your area. LOD has to be moving around a lot. Lots of times only 1 ETL is in the store.

The LOD is responsible for both floors. One LOD for morning, one for mid, and one closing LOD. If you're not the LOD you focus on your area. LOD has to be moving around a lot. Lots of times only 1 ETL is in the store.

Oh. For some reason, I thought multilevel stores required an LOD for each floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back