Archived Best practice back stock pro/meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. I have not visited for a while. We have gone through many changes the last year. I have been with T several years and we are on our 2nd ETL log. this year we've had 5 in my store so far.

As each one come in they have that "Im gonna get the job done right" attitude and they try to run it by the book or at least the way they interpret the book. All are newbi ETLs just permitted or just out of college.

New guy is training new and seasonal TMs oh how to back stock pro and meat. He is having them sto meat out of the case if it is open stock straight on the green rack. He is having them do the same in pro. Bags of salad, Disney snacks, watermelon, all on the rack. He says the cheat sheet is what they need to use to scan to sto and pull. I am arguing against it but I can find anything to support my side. I know this is wrong. No box no food safety, no country of origin, no way to label a partial case for TPCs it seriously causing me anxiety. Although I am hoping for a visit so that this would be seen by higher ups or steritech.

Can anyone tell me if this is common practice? Do we remove product and sto on the rack or even in plastic Wacos if meat or pro are partial cases?

help.

I've always understood that best practice is to keep everything in its casepack with the quantities marked, especially in produce. We'll make exceptions every now and then for produce that has expiration dates that are down to 1-2 items in a box (Disney apples, juices, occasionally bagged salads), but that's it. I may still have my notes and packets from when we went through the everyday Pfresh training over the summer, so I'll check and see if those say anything. But if he is backstocking any produce that sells by freshness (basically 99% of what's in your produce cooler) out of the box it came in, that is a big, biiiiiig problem. Like you said, no way to to tell the country of origin, if it needs TPC'd, etc.

A month or two ago (maybe three even) they had us start putting (backstocking) the set price meat like ground beef and some of the grill/green section meat into plastic Wacos instead of putting cases with random amounts back no the shelves.

A month or two ago (maybe three even) they had us start putting (backstocking) the set price meat like ground beef and some of the grill/green section meat into plastic Wacos instead of putting cases with random amounts back no the shelves.

So in plastic wacos might be acceptable practice in meats that we can no longer order or TPC. I could see that as a possibility like the juices and dips go into wacos. I can't get past the idea of Perdue chicken (sold by weight) just going straight on the green rack.

Still hoping for some type of link someone could share so that I could show them in T lingo.

Thanks

I can't help you with a direct link, but go on Workbench and fiddle around on the Food section...look for best practices. It may also be under Backroom. EVERYTHING is on Workbench; you just have to dig for it.

Having stuff sto'd on the green rack gives me the shivers. Not to mention, how time consuming must it be for backroom to try and pull from a mess of stuff just tossed on a shelf? At least the boxes have bcodes.

If you cannot find the best practice on Workbench OR your lead will not accept it (stranger things have happened), all I can think of to do is go hands-off and then when he comes asking why your markdown is so high or why location accuracy is horrible, it'll all come back to his rules.

Also, try and enlist your direct food ETL to help your cause (in my store, that would be the ETL Hardlines). Chances are, they might have more of a pull when it comes to process in food areas in the backroom because of how sensitive and to-book the process needs to be in order to ensure green visits and whatnot.

Thanks.

We are two days later and I found out he left and visited other stores back rooms that day to see how they sto. He did not approach me with his findings but he did find out that the product needs to stay in the boxes. My relationship with the new ETL is not starting out great. I am hoping now that this guy knows he can trust I know my job we will do better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back