Archived Best Team Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the BTS counts against the store score, ETL reviews, and the STL's review
Except that the STL and ETL reviews are completed. Our STL had his review last week. Our ETL reviews are this week.

Reactions: pfa
Except that the STL and ETL reviews are completed. Our STL had his review last week. Our ETL reviews are this week.
Trust me, it counts towards next year's review for them. Plus, some are put on corrective action for bad surveys. The HR and STL especially get reamed in this area-they are supposedly responsible for morale overall.
The ETLs and STL immediately go on your DTL's and HRBP's shitlist.
Can you imagine if we all were honest on the survey and most of us were RED focus stores? In light of the Target Canada uber mistake, I think the company would scramble to change their tune.
If Target keeps going the way they are, we will go in the direction of K-Mart. That is a no brainer.

Yes, the DTL gives them crap. But no longlasting effects. If they are making sales and payroll, they are still golden in Target's eyes. At worst, you get more visits from the district team. Big whoop.

Actually, my store was a RED focus store a few years back. Only 1 ETL remains with the company from that era, and the STL was given the option quit or be fired. The HR was first to go-that was nice. And we got extra money to do stuff for the team.
The best year we had at the was right after that survey. Leadership was more respectful and positive. And, the team felt appreciated.
Flash forward a few years-new to Target ETLs and a crankyass STL. I feel it coming again. But honestly, the new CEO is to blame for a lot of the crap treatment of the teams. Yes, he is cleaning up Steinhafle's (spelling?) mess, but he rules with an iron fist. I am telling you, I know a lot of people throughout my district-all disgruntled and turnover is at an alltime high.
I have spoken a few times with our new DTL. He is all about engagement. I think he is in for a big surprise come BTS time. (From what I keep hearing, he is great at holding all the exempt positions accountable.)

Not only that but IIRC it also asks gender and race

Yes, but it's optional as is how long you have worked there. I don't ever answer those questions, because it's optional and less of a chance to be pegged for 'wrong' answers. ;)

The bts may not count towards the etls/stls review ...but it has to count for something or they wouldn't freak out the way they do. If the stores leadership looks bad...the dtl looks bad...dtl looks bad regional leadership looks bad...so on and so forth. I am not saying the survey will change the Spotted world but it just might rock a few boats.

BTS affects TL, ETL, STL reviews in store. This year's survey won't affect this year's reviews, but next year's reviews. As far as I remember BTS isn't a big part of TL review/Achieving Excellence scoring system but it still matters (and matters to people who care about their teams).

We were recently told in a huddle that the bts only is attributed to your first superior, or what not. The LOD that gave the huddle gave a very strong hint that basically said don't give a bad score trying to effect any etl's because it only effects your tl's. I think our executive team knows the whole store basically dislikes them and says this crap trying to tell us we can't do anything about it. -_-

Though, there's been a bunch of butt kissing latley. Asking how we can improve the store. Which happens every year around this time and is gone about 12 hours the bts is done. Bunch of bull.

We were recently told in a huddle that the bts only is attributed to your first superior, or what not. The LOD that gave the huddle gave a very strong hint that basically said don't give a bad score trying to effect any etl's because it only effects your tl's. I think our executive team knows the whole store basically dislikes them and says this crap trying to tell us we can't do anything about it. -_-

Though, there's been a bunch of butt kissing latley. Asking how we can improve the store. Which happens every year around this time and is gone about 12 hours the bts is done. Bunch of bull.

Don't let those pantsferrets keep you from being totally honest on the survey.
This is exactly the kind of smeghead behavior that is supposed to be against the rules.

I need to take the BTS soon, or else I'll be 10 lbs heavier due to all the food and ice cream. Feeding me will not make me lie!

So...I'm a TL. I was told that if my work center got a poor BTS, my job would be in jeopardy. Apparently (as we already knew) we're over headcount and well, uh, that could be "bad news for you." My metrics are green and have been since I became TL

So...I'm a TL. I was told that if my work center got a poor BTS, my job would be in jeopardy. Apparently (as we already knew) we're over headcount and well, uh, that could be "bad news for you." My metrics are green and have been since I became TL

Am I right in thinking you are in a work center where there are two of you as TLs?

You are correct. My peer has been in role less than 2 months.

The bts survey is suppose to gauge how the team feels about the leaders and the company in general. Leaders being immediate TL or srtl and the etls, stl. I know for a fact it asks ( in years past don't know about this year) about the STL on the survey.

Do they know the identity of the TMs taking the surveys? I have a great TL and STL, it's the ETLs that are useless in our store. My immediate ETL avoids us and provides no support whatsoever. I just want to answer honestly without it negatively affecting my TL and STL.

Do they know the identity of the TMs taking the surveys? I have a great TL and STL, it's the ETLs that are useless in our store. My immediate ETL avoids us and provides no support whatsoever. I just want to answer honestly without it negatively affecting my TL and STL.

The way it's supposed to work is an independent company grades the survey so the management and corporate has no idea how individual TMs filled it out.

We've actually had corporate folks come on to defend the survey in the past to say that and I'm willing to believe them.
Now I've also heard about ETLs standing over the TMs to watch how they fill it out which is totally against the principles of how it's supposed to be done so make of that what you will.

In my store, our HR will give us a chik-fil- a sandwich IF we complete the BTS, because is not mandatory, and she will SURVEY Tmsc to make sure we are taking the survey. Coincidences, she is just too nice for her own good.

I'm not sure but I think the HR ETL gets dinged if they don't get a certain level of participation.
I would be interesting if everybody just refused to fill it out.
That would probably say as much as if everybody said negative things.

Idk if it's really anonymous for TLs and above since we have to click the link in the email. One day I started the survey, closed the window before finishing it and left for the day. Later that week I clicked on the link again and it took me to the page I left off.

Idk how you can hold leadership accountable if it's not anonymous

Wow, I dont know if its because we're a new store, but most of our ETL's are good and our STL is fantastic. There's only two ETL's that annoy me, the ETL-Log, but that's because whoever it is he has stock the nail care/eyelashes cosmetics is a complete moron who routinely puts merch in the wrong area which screws up my variance counts, abd the other one has told me, as a TPS, that I can't receipt check people unless I check everyone, which is completely wrong!

Wow, I dont know if its because we're a new store, but most of our ETL's are good and our STL is fantastic. There's only two ETL's that annoy me, the ETL-Log, but that's because whoever it is he has stock the nail care/eyelashes cosmetics is a complete moron who routinely puts merch in the wrong area which screws up my variance counts, abd the other one has told me, as a TPS, that I can't receipt check people unless I check everyone, which is completely wrong!
Brand new store?

New stores usually get the best of the best when it comes to leadership. When a new store opened here they took the best ETLs at their positions around the district and placed them in the new store. They don't want a new store to fail.

Brand new store?

New stores usually get the best of the best when it comes to leadership. When a new store opened here they took the best ETLs at their positions around the district and placed them in the new store. They don't want a new store to fail.

^^Exactly this.
It's a huge investment to open a new store and they want to start with their best foot forward to impress the community, the new market and guests, and to create a lasting impression on who will be the best long-term team members. A new store needs strong leadership and background experience to create a foundation. In time as the store performs new ETLs of different strengths and capabilities will come and go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back